Pages:
Author

Topic: How much BTC will fall in 3 days after Segwit2x fork in November? - page 2. (Read 1830 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 253
How much bitcoin will retrace just after the Segwit2x fork?

Under 500$ I think, or maybe depends on what the investors will do after the fork. But most forking resulted to a slight down but recovered and will rapidly increase. In short this Segwit2x will no difference to the last two, bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold but as Coinbase say good thing about this fork might be the difference but is this can affect bitcoin community’s decision. I doubt it will, for we do have our own mind to decide for what we think is right for our own investments, this is why I love cryptocurrency.
Activity: 170
Merit: 1
For me, it really depends on the traders or movement of the bitcoin in the market.  If after segwit fork, and most of the traders will exchange btc to segwit, the btc will fall drastically.
Activity: 402
Merit: 100
No correction will occur after fork. Ppl just want cheap BTC from noobs that will panic sell.  HODL strong 💪
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
It will fall back to $5000.

I was in doubt about it, because of the time it spend on the $6000 level, but now the spike is going so high and fast that a crash is inevitable. Specially in face of Garzikcoin fork. Even if people are well informed about the lack of replay protection, theres still the hash issue.
I disagree on this bitcoin falling down to 5000 usd is too much there is so much buy support to support bitcoin to it's current price , Bitcoin may fall aroung 6500 usd after the fork but I think within a weeks it can recover quickly and have a stable price around 7000 usd before the year ends.

I think 5,000 USD IS realistic if the people who pledge to support B2X will do so
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

I was in doubt about it, because of the time it spend on the $6000 level, but now the spike is going so high and fast that a crash is inevitable. Specially in face of Garzikcoin fork. Even if people are well informed about the lack of replay protection, theres still the hash issue.
I disagree on this bitcoin falling down to 5000 usd is too much there is so much buy support to support bitcoin to it's current price , Bitcoin may fall aroung 6500 usd after the fork but I think within a weeks it can recover quickly and have a stable price around 7000 usd before the year ends.
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
A small table here from two previous hard-forks (cash and gold here)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTyZitGSeoaQd5XtHBN6F8QEQnrTt0we3bgD8E9TNYJpzJNmg2opJy1Gzpq7h1mKTysT9GIC4AaX83s/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

There was not really a major drop in the BTC price from a week previous to the hard-fork, but in both cases there was a good increase in BTC price a week after. HOWEVER, none of the previous hard-forks received the support that the Segwit2x is receiving so we will need to wait and see...
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Price correction would really happen in bitcoin after the fork after its price being affected on such event.It did rise up on new heights in which we do less anticipated. This is why we should really expect for price decrease and for short traders it is indeed a dangerous stuff on buying bitcoins as of now.Fall is already expected but not too much maybe we do able to see 4500- 5200 range which is an ideal price range for this year but actually no one really knows on what would be the range but one things for sure we do see less amounts when people already taking profits and switching back to altcoins.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
What a drawdown is likely, perhaps even significant, but it will recoup further growth, which has happened repeatedly, as practice has shown. Given the constantly growing audience of crypto-currencies - this is natural
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I'm unsure which whether the 2x coin will become the dominant coin after the fork. I feel like the majority thinks its going to be the original coin, but I guess weill have to wait and see. Hopefully bitcoin doesn't lose value with both the coins combined.
Activity: 18
because of the recent big news about CME and the fact that a lot of new investors are not investing in bitcoin i wouldn't be surprised if the price went up another $1000 after the SegWit2x rise.

you see all those new investors may not know what a fork is and what it can do so they may be scared and waiting on the sidelines to invest in bitcoin. so as soon as the fork is done, they will start buying big time and it can be a cause a big rally.

Make sense and agree. Big investors must be considering a good entry point.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
If i could make that exact prediction i could make a huge amount of money.It is really hard to predict on what the price would be,with the recent development with the announcement of derivatives market,i do not think that the market will crash that hard,it all depends upon how things are after the fork and how both the coins are going to attack each other,lot of variables to consider in these sort of situations.
Activity: 252
It's a bit unclear to me which one will be the dominant chain after the fork, I suspect there will be a period of chaos that strong believer will start dumping the opposite coin, undecider will hodl, and some may choose to go to USDT, as long as the total value stays the same I will be pretty happy. Bitcoin will be at its weakest point then, any FUD may lead to massive swing in the market.
Activity: 14
Btc is at its top right now and we are still 10days away you never know in this 10days btc may reach to 9000usd .
So the crash will depend on how much the price of btc at the time of fork.
Surely there will be 10-20% correction or even more.
but what ever it is i am gonna but that price cause it will reach this level agin in future.surely
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Make a Bet, Make a Bit!
This is an impossible ask,  no one can begin to determine the effects post Segwit2x as we do not yet no exactly what segwit 2x will bring.
Activity: 56
Recently there was a gold fork, bitcoin course fell by about 500 dollars, and recovered in a couple of days.  I think after segwit2x bitcoin will fall by 1000 dollars, maybe more, but it will recover also quickly.
Activity: 257
I think bitcoin will fall 10% after three days of segwit2x. Its my guess.
Activity: 23
It's hard to say. I think there will be a correction, mas I don't know at what price.
Activity: 2

Where can I get info on this fork?

How does it prevent to spend on each chain and effectively doubling the bitcoin volume?

Well if the 2x chain checks the bitcoin chain first and wait a few blocks the 2x side will always be waiting longer to transact.

If the 2x side does not check the bitcoin chain then congrats we all got twice as much bitcoin to spend...
Activity: 238

Well to be honest, i really cannot say exactly how much the price of bitcoin will fall. But looking at the statistics and reading some speculations from a person's mouth to another,  the approximation I have in mind is about 1000+-2000+ decrease in bitcoin prices after a few days or weeks from the fork date. But bitcoin's price will probably just rise again on the later weeks and probably even reach lots of peaks. So there's really not that much to worry about.
Pages:
Jump to: