Pages:
Author

Topic: how much do you pay for electricity? - page 2. (Read 390 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 11
March 29, 2019, 08:55:24 AM
Consider each Asic miner like an extra AC so you will now have 4, 5, 6 ACs... You know, that will eventually trip something down the line assuming your wiring inside can take the load and the transformer on the street, did you check that? You should, as that gives you a max capacity. You mustn't use more than 80% of that transformer. Specially critical if you happen to be "sharing" it with others.

Just because its "free", does not mean you are magically immune to physics. My country has the cheapest electricity in the world, i know and have seen nasty things done to the electricity poles and transformers, thousands steal it. Yes, this ultra subsidized cheap electricity is stolen by many poor neighborhoods. And yes, i have seen transformers blow up, specially lately with the blackouts. Its pretty awesome to look at night, but not so pretty spending days in darkness right after that.

If I may ask, where are you from?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
March 29, 2019, 08:41:25 AM
It is 100% unwatched, I got 2ACs , 3 TVs and so and i still pay the same per month for 3 years 😁
So for now what I am thinking of is taking a loan or making someone use that perk of paying no electricity and giving me an advantage.

Consider each Asic miner like an extra AC so you will now have 4, 5, 6 ACs... You know, that will eventually trip something down the line assuming your wiring inside can take the load and the transformer on the street, did you check that? You should, as that gives you a max capacity. You mustn't use more than 80% of that transformer. Specially critical if you happen to be "sharing" it with others.

Just because its "free", does not mean you are magically immune to physics. My country has the cheapest electricity in the world, i know and have seen nasty things done to the electricity poles and transformers, thousands steal it. Yes, this ultra subsidized cheap electricity is stolen by many poor neighborhoods. And yes, i have seen transformers blow up, specially lately with the blackouts. Its pretty awesome to look at night, but not so pretty spending days in darkness right after that.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
March 29, 2019, 03:21:02 AM
It is 100% unwatched, I got 2ACs , 3 TVs and so and i still pay the same per month for 3 years 😁
So for now what I am thinking of is taking a loan or making someone use that perk of paying no electricity and giving me an advantage.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
March 28, 2019, 09:10:21 PM
Hello guys, I live in Africa, and I pay like 2$ stable electricity bills every month *Maybe not so legal but it is permanent since the measurement tool is dead*
so I wanted to know if i used that to mine BTC will it be like more profitable or it will be useless since electricity aint a big deal?

Make a big enough a load and they will come for you. Sure 1 miner or 2 probably won't catch attention (unless your neighbors complain for noise if you don't put it inside a sound insulating box or such), but start getting greedy and they'll go there, meter or not.

We pay about the same amount here with a miner running (its cents without it), and its not illegal at all. And yet, some people got in trouble... That was before becoming unstable due to non-technical reasons (leave a national grid unattended long enough and things tend to go pop).

Try to get the newest model you can, a single S17 would consume the same as an S9, yet would make 4 times more money.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
March 28, 2019, 06:00:47 PM
Hello guys, I live in Africa, and I pay like 2$ stable electricity bills every month *Maybe not so legal but it is permanent since the measurement tool is dead*
so I wanted to know if i used that to mine BTC will it be like more profitable or it will be useless since electricity aint a big deal?

if you can run 1 s9  it earns 60 usd a month with free power
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
March 28, 2019, 04:02:23 PM
Pages:
Jump to: