Pages:
Author

Topic: How much do you value your credit score? - page 6. (Read 10663 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Not at all. I don't use a SSN so I don't have a credit score either.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
What's wrong with a credit score?  For the people that rely on credit, I think it is a good/effective system.  When I got my first job, I couldn't afford to pay cash for a reliable vehicle to get there.  Thanks to the credit score system, I was able to get a reliable vehicle because the bank trusted me with the money due to the transactions I had with previous people.  And my credit score was only based on having credit cards that I paid off every month.  I personally think it has benefited me a lot.

The economy also benefits from it by matching riskiness w/ interest rates & not loaning money to people that have had issues paying it back in the past.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I used to care, back when I thought it meant something, and I have always had a fairly high score. In recent years I have been extricating myself from the credit economy. Since then I have more money than ever.
So when I was looking at large real estate tracts for sale I became curious about my score. When i checked I was delighted to see that I no longer have a score. Because I don't use bank credit I am simply rated un-scoreable. 
I could not be happier. I don't want a number from the same industry that puts out LIBOR scores and other works of fiction. What about you? Do you value your credit scores?
Pages:
Jump to: