Pages:
Author

Topic: How much knowledge is enough to satisfy an individual - page 3. (Read 838 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 166
Additionally, I have seen so many academia , professors , yet they are still fighting for more knowledge, and the question here is when will they be satisfied?.

They can never be satisfied until they are no more. This is not just because they are professors or academia. If you look at other fields too, those people found their are always on the verge of getting more and more of what will be beneficial to them, either money, idea, knowledge, good offers etc. This is just how humans are designed and nothing more.

Even in this forum I have also seen high ranked members who are staff and with thousands of posts and merits yet they also post every day hoping to be merited as well , and the question again here Is when will they be satisfied?.

You can’t limit a user to what the can post in the forum when they have something tangible to share and add to the discussion. This should not be seen as a way of getting more merits but a way of sharing knowledge. If they get merited, all good and if not, it’s still all good since the intention was to share idea and not get merited for sharing knowledge. So don’t see all users post with already plenty merits as a means of getting more merits.

Finally , I have also seen my friends bitcoin wallet with so many coins in dollars yet they buy bitcoin every day , trade everyday , HODL coins everyday , so the question here is when will they be satisfied?
However, I will be very glad if someone can highlight more on this and educate me more thanks .

OP, you’re talking about money here. One just have to be contended with what they have but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look for more money or how to keep multiplying your money if there’s a means to make that happen. If the risk to reward ratio is tolerable, why won’t they trade and gain more? It is just natural and human are bound to always look for ways to have more source of income but like I said been contended is what matters and observing that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look to expand your income.
Activity: 322
Merit: 206
To be frankly speaking humans can never be satisfied with what they have in life reason been that, our wants and needs are much more than what we have at hand to be satisfied with and knowledge ain't left out cause one need for knowledge to get access to areas that help satisfy our wants and needs
 First off, you need to ask yourself what satisfaction means  and I have made some research and  it has come to my knowledge that it's all about acquiring enough wealth for your needs and want and never thinking of getting broke or poor anytime soon or forever. But with the way things are moving human wants and needs are getting much and therefore the quest for more information.
 Talking about rich men not getting satisfied with what they have already is because human demand and wants are more then what we have at hand and that's why we keep searching for more and never stop doing it because we need all we think we want and can get.
Activity: 29
Merit: 6
Untill ones death knowledge is endless, knowledge is power the more knowledge you aquire the more you grow financially .
Economist will say that human wants are highly insatiable which is 100% correct, that's why for example you see a political not being satisfied with his/her present position in an office from local government chairman to house of assembly from house of assembly to Governor and so on this has been the nature of man from origin. And as long as we continue to exist learning never end we learn new things day after day.
Knowledge may not always prove useful, depending on circumstances or particular thing known. For instance knowing that snake have hemipenises might not be helpful in fixing a car but it often is extremely useful. And there is no downside to having knowledge.
Activity: 406
Merit: 266
There is no end to knowledge for any person. The more knowledge you gain, the more sources of knowledge you will find and the more you will be interested in learning, so you will never feel until you die that you have acquired all the knowledge and no more knowledge is needed by you. No matter how expert you are. At the end of the day you will see 10% of what is in the world and you could not bring your verse. But then you will feel that you have gained enough knowledge. When you want to stop learning something new. So it depends on you how much knowledge is enough for you. it will not same for everyone
Activity: 196
Merit: 115
There can be a limit to how far we can go in life, but knowledge has no limit. Every day we learn new things, and we choose to practice what we have learned so far. Thereby filtering the ones we want and neglecting the ones we don't want. If you remember, they said knowledge is power. So, just imagine that the more knowledge you get, the more power you get. Why would you stop to gather knowledge? When we know that the world is ruled by people with power, the greatest country in the world is the country with the highest power. There is nothing more satisfying than having the ability to gain more power. The members you see with high ranks do not feel accomplished. Because there is still more room for learning. While learning and contributing more positively to the forum they expect to be appreciated through merit. Its not about being satisfying with the rank rather being unsatisfied that they want more knowledge.

Sincerely speaking , I have been thinking on how to put up this post and the right board that will be suitable for it.
Insatiability has been one of the features of an individual and that has increased my level of curiosity because I don’t know when all the problems of men will be dully solved and that was why I came up with this topic (how much knowledge is enough to satisfy an individual).

Research has it that no man is satisfied with what he has . I also went further to check the profile of most prominent men that have existed and also existing and I realised that most of them have enough money yet the are still searching for more , they have power and yet they are still fighting to get more power ,they have assets yet they are still buying more properties, and I ask again when will they be satisfied?.

Additionally, I have seen so many academia , professors , yet they are still fighting for more knowledge, and the question here is when will they be satisfied?.

Even in this forum I have also seen high ranked members who are staff and with thousands of posts and merits yet they also post every day hoping to be merited as well , and the question again here Is when will they be satisfied?.

Finally , I have also seen my friends bitcoin wallet with so many coins in dollars yet they buy bitcoin every day , trade everyday , HODL coins everyday , so the question here is when will they be satisfied?
However, I will be very glad if someone can highlight more on this and educate me more thanks .

The simple answer to all your questions is one answer which is Never.

No matter how much money you have there will be always someone who will have more than you which will kick the ego of human and try to surpass him, when we do there will be another one so this cycle keeps going forever.

Never satisfied has its positive and negative but if someone is not satisfied with their business empire and want to expand further then it will give financial satisfaction for many upcoming generation of him.

This is why we conclude that the race for satisfaction is for power or superiority. And that's why no one can be satisfied. This is because the fight for superiority and power will never stop. That is why I don't go into competition with anyone; if we do, bad spirits will start coming out. Which is greed, envyness before you they start planning evil because they want that power so badly and could do anything to get it. It takes only death to  become satiesfied. With that no man can be satisfied. There is a lways a bigger picture when you reach one goal. You start planning for the next. Same process goes over and over, life goes on
Activity: 2422
Merit: 266
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Sincerely speaking , I have been thinking on how to put up this post and the right board that will be suitable for it.
Insatiability has been one of the features of an individual and that has increased my level of curiosity because I don’t know when all the problems of men will be dully solved and that was why I came up with this topic (how much knowledge is enough to satisfy an individual).

Research has it that no man is satisfied with what he has . I also went further to check the profile of most prominent men that have existed and also existing and I realised that most of them have enough money yet the are still searching for more , they have power and yet they are still fighting to get more power ,they have assets yet they are still buying more properties, and I ask again when will they be satisfied?.

The simple answer to all your questions is one answer which is Never.

No matter how much money you have there will be always someone who will have more than you which will kick the ego of human and try to surpass him, when we do there will be another one so this cycle keeps going forever.

Never satisfied has its positive and negative but if someone is not satisfied with their business empire and want to expand further then it will give financial satisfaction for many upcoming generation of him.
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Just like you said man's need are insatiable and this cut across every spheres of our human endeavors, be it in academics, business, finance.
There's nothing like too much knowledge or too much money, that explains why we keep aquiring as much as we can.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

This is wrong, I doubt there's a single high-merit user who posts just to earn merits. All of them are hardcore Bitcoin enthusiasts who like to share their knowledge or discuss everything surround Bitcoin with other knowledgeable users. Their posting patterns didn't change with the introduction of the merit system.

Also, the idea that this forum is a place of knowledge is just a merit fishing narrative that gets spammed by newbies. This forum is a place of discussion, which is different from knowledge. This is not a stackoverflow which has harsh moderation and community voting - you can ask questions here and have no idea whether the replies are actually good or bad, because everyone is equal here - posts can't be downvoted or removed for being wrong.
Activity: 588
Merit: 119
Epsiloan Protocol
Knowledge is limitless, the more you gained it, the better person you become, the higher the success you will achieve. There is no stopping from learning, because once you decide to stop educating yourself, you will become stagnant and you’ll be left behind on the trend. That is why it’s not surprising to see a lot of successful people still investing on theirselves, because they still have goals and desires to achieve in the future. While learning is endless, having dreams and life’s aspirations as well is inevitable.

Knowledge should be acquire throughout lifetime. Immediately you stop learning, then you have started blocking your way to success. This is why you see most billionaires researching for knowledge almost everyday. This is to improve on their businesses and to be more successful.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Knowledge is limitless, the more you gained it, the better person you become, the higher the success you will achieve. There is no stopping from learning, because once you decide to stop educating yourself, you will become stagnant and you’ll be left behind on the trend. That is why it’s not surprising to see a lot of successful people still investing on theirselves, because they still have goals and desires to achieve in the future. While learning is endless, having dreams and life’s aspirations as well is inevitable.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 162

Are you when you eat today then tomorrow you feel satisfied and don't eat anymore? Of course not, you have to keep eating every day even if you have eaten today!!

Likewise, when you work or do business, you must maintain your productivity so that you remain productive and continue to produce money, I have never seen people who continue to gather their assets as greedy people, instead they keep their assets stable and their lives remains maintained stability.

Likewise with members of the members in this forum, you will not be possible for those who continue to contribute to finally stop their contributions in the forum, they will definitely continue to make posts even though they have gained a lot "merit"
Activity: 602
Merit: 288

Knowledge is a transitional process that cannot be stopped or ended; you can only learn as much as you can handle, but you will never be fully knowledgeable unless you are taught about something and believe you know everything. Some people fight for knowledge in order to gain superiority, which is why the quest for knowledge never ends.

I'm surprised you believe that some of these members post in order to be merited. Most of them do not need the merits to rank up again, and their posts are simply to share knowledge, as they have done since the beginning, and this is what continues to earn them merits, rather than posting in the hopes of receiving merit.

Can anyone ever be satisfied with becoming richer? That is a question that I believe is very clear. People are more likely to look for ways to increase their earnings than for ways to gain knowledge. Unless that knowledge will make them more money, they will prioritise acquiring that knowledge over pursuing the money directly. Some people say that the only thing better than money is more money.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

Do you know billions amount of money that government pour into researches? Check your country and you will be amaze by the funding government is spending on research, it varies from nuclear research, academic research, space research and many more where government are spending billions for researches.

Now, everyone want that pay cut to come to their account, so everyone is easier for new knowledge and how they can contribute to their country, not only for money sake for the people that values names and reputation, some people want to see their names written in big fornts for the world to remember, this is why you see research papers everyday both private researches and public researchs that are visible for the public.

Everything about the world are improving everyday and if you don't join the race, you will be forgotten quickly. This is why you see in all areas of life, there is improvement everyday with new and new updates to make life better. Even Bitcoin has something we called "Bitcoin improvement Proposal" where new improvement are been suggested for Bitcoin everyday, so not only forum members get new knowledge, even bitcoin get updates and these new ideas need to be study so it can be interpreted for everyone to understand, this is why we need more research and do more everyday.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786

I think when you reach that certain level of knowledge across this forum, your main goal is not about being merited but to greatly help the community and grow this forum as a whole. It just so happens also that these high ranked members are just really knowledgeable at what they do that they contribute immensely for the betterment of this forum.

Bitcoin can be treated as an investment. With its significant value in the market, people love to trade, HODL, and even purchase BTC in hopes of profiting in the future. At this point, it is not about getting rich (in which majority of them already are) but maintaining their current status.
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
Even in this forum I have also seen high ranked members who are staff and with thousands of posts and merits yet they also post every day hoping to be merited as well , and the question again here Is when will they be satisfied?

Is this your assumption or you are sure you really know what you're talking about, if you look at the staffs you're talking about, most of them don't even have merits like other members do, make your research well.

When will you also get satisfied of eating and stop completely, have you heard of this statement that the rich keeps getting richer, do you know the reason behind why they keep getting richer, they are never tired of looking for money.
copper member
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1256
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
Isn't it the goal of being a human? Finding your value in life or something like that? I can imagine people being part of that concept that learning never ends and there will always be something that you can learn and educate yourself. I don't think this just applies to academia or professors, but in general, everyone who has an interest in improving themselves. If you are interested in that then you need to have more knowledge.
Activity: 728
Merit: 308
Playgram - The Telegram Casino
Some people will ask this question as why are they not content rather than why are they not satisfied. Because when you have not attained such success, all you can do from afar is to guess and assume how these people should act. I am not that successful yet, but what I just think is that to these people getting more money, attaining more power and assets is now more of a lifestyle for these people because of the years of dedication that they've put into becoming successful. They understand that the moment they become too comfortable, that that can become the starting point to poverty, so they always try to keep things going and act as though any success they have attained is nothing while they look forward to achieving the next big success. This is why the rich keeps getting richer because they never become too satisfied that they do not want more. It is the same for the Academias because knowledge needs to be constantly refreshed, so there is always something new to learn. Same thing for the high-ranking members of this forum, there is always something to learn, and most of them are not posting just to earn merits, they have enough already. They are still in the forum actively, because they learn from people's comments, and some other topics too about some things they do not know enough or do not know at all.
Activity: 952
Merit: 541
Humans will never be satisfied as long as they don't put a number on something they want to achieve, all that is in the human mind is always thinking about wanting to gain as much wealth as possible. Let me take a very simple example, when someone has obtained a mountain of gold, then he certainly wants a second mountain of gold, this is very realistic because as long as he never targets what number to stop at, his desire will never run out.

But the sense of never-satisfaction that is so inherent in humans has a positive side. Try to imagine if humans were quickly satisfied with something that has been achieved, perhaps technology would not be as sophisticated as it is today and perhaps Satoshi would never have thought of creating Bitcoin if he was satisfied with the government-regulated financial and governance system.

Activity: 854
Merit: 262
All of us is greedy and hunger of information and knowledge, we will only be satisfied when we die. I think the reason is because just by living our daily life in a very casual and common way, problem will still come and these problems require us to seek for knowledge and information so we can solve those problems, and as I said before every living being has problem, all of our problem will only be solve and stop when we die, thus we don't have to gain knowledge and information anymore.
Humans had been questing for knowledge for a longer time before now and it's going to continue until we leave this earth.
We don't need to be in a haste to acquire information. Everything needed to be done gradually without too much pressure. Our urge to make money is will continue until we are dead and can't breath no more. This is why we need for be doing good and not evil. Every man is going to leave this earth to paradise for a better home soon.
Activity: 184
Merit: 10
I will write anything for you
I think the answer is never. it is impossible for humans to be satisfied with what they have, there will always be new and new desires. I don't think that's a bad thing, insatiable desires are one way for people to exist and live. "I think therefore I am". imagine if all satisfaction was fulfilled, all desires had come true, there were no more desires, what would happen? yep emptiness. When there is emptiness in the soul, where else will life take you? So I think desire, desire, dissatisfaction, is something that every human being must have.
Pages:
Jump to: