Pages:
Author

Topic: How much was the price of Bitcoin when you started trading? - page 2. (Read 567 times)

copper member
Activity: 2156
Merit: 536
Building my own Dreams!
Let's take a stroll down memory lane and reminisce about the early days of our crypto journeys. It's fascinating to see how far we've come since we first stepped into the world of cryptocurrencies.

The question today is how much was the price of Bitcoin when you started trading?

I started trading in 2017-18. At that time I used to trade at bittrex, now I guess it has shut down operations. I am assuming at that time Bitcoins were at 600-700$. I was trading small amounts, as trading was still something new for me. I used to gamble a lot, and that too in Bitsler and Primedice. Really telling about this, giving me the nostalgic feeling. Willing to hear other people’s story on this.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
I couldn't totally remember the price but that was around $$8k - $10k. Though I knew Bitcoin earlier but due to the lack of interest and knowledge in trading, that makes me think about not doing it. But I never felt any regret because I'd see it was too difficult if you were not prepared well and just think that if I started earlier, I could imagine that I surely lose a lot of money.

There is no perfect time to start trading but what is important is that we are fully ready --capital, knowledge, and skills.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 624
Let's take a stroll down memory lane and reminisce about the early days of our crypto journeys. It's fascinating to see how far we've come since we first stepped into the world of cryptocurrencies.

The question today is how much was the price of Bitcoin when you started trading?

When I first learned about Bitcoin in 2013, it's price was still changing between 15-18 USD. It then took me some time to research and learn what it was and how I could buy it with the limited resources of that period and I bought my first Bitcoin at a price of approximately 80 USD. Of course, during these periods I mentioned since I was a student, I had a very limited capital and unfortunately I couldn't buy or sell for a very high amount. For this reason, unfortunately, I was never able to accumulate very high amounts of Bitcoin and was not among the millionaires who were investigate Bitcoin early. Still, during the periods I mentioned I was making very good profits by buying and selling Bitcoin and I was able to spend much more luxuriously than many of my friends.

Even though I couldn't become a Bitcoin millionaire, I covered many expenses using the money I earned from Bitcoin trading, had the opportunity to use the latest models of many technological products and covered my holiday expenses in many countries this way. For this reason, I am not angry with myself and I am proud of myself for meeting so many expenses by discovering Bitcoin early. Who knows, maybe this is my way of consoling myself for not being a millionaire.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516

I don't really remember how high the actual bitcoin price was at the time I started trading actively. When I first came into contact with crypto currencies was in 2016, back then the bitcoin price was around 4k USD, but I wasn't really trading it. Bitcoins where just another currency for me, with which I could withdraw money from CSGO skin trading sites quickly and cheaply. I wasn't really interested in keeping any of my coins and converted them back to Fiat money again. This was probably the biggest investment mistake I ever made. In 2017/8 I got more interested in bitcoins and started trading in small scale, the price was around 12,000 USD. But really interested in other crypto currencies I became in 2020 and trading Bitcoin more actively then was when the bitcoin price was already around the 20k USD levels. A lot of missed opportunities to make money, but there is no real point on feeling bad because we can't turn back time. The only way is forward, learn from the mistakes and not repeat them.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
I vaguely remember btc being around $150, afaik time was around 2015. Although, I got into crypto couple years prior to that with stellar airdrop (now called lumens or $xlm), sold that for peanuts in fiat instead of converting it into btc.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216

OP when I first started trading in bitcoin the price of bitcoin was 25000 which was a few months ago this year.I had good success with my first bitcoin trading because I bought 800 to 900 dollars worth of bitcoins when the price of bitcoin was 25000 dollars.Now the price of Bitcoin has increased to about 37 thousand dollars.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who got success trading first.I did one of the most important work of my life with the money I earned from that first trading.I'm even still buying bitcoins to hold in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
OP, you suck for making this a topic for a thread (lol). 

I was never a trader, first of all.  But when I think back to the prices I had the opportunity to buy bitcoin (or ETH or any of the other altcoins that have blown up since their inception) I can get seriously depressed if I dwell on it too long.  Regret starts to seep in, and the voice in my head that is my enemy starts getting louder, and it keeps calling me a fucking idiot for not having faith in bitcoin even after I realized that it wasn't a scam--and that's indeed what my initial impression was of it.

To be very specific, I remember bitcoin dipping below $200 and me sitting like a dribbling moron at my keyboard wondering how low it was going to go.  I probably even posted about it, which would've been back in 2015.  Ugh.  I am not joking about that sinking feeling in my chest when I contemplate what could have been.

To the community: Don't be like me.  Ever.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 908

When I started trading bitcoin, it was during the COVID-19 pandemic before the bull run. Bitcoin was around $10k, but actually it wasn’t stable at $10k. When I started trading then, I wasted all the money I had trying to learn how to trade. After having some basic knowledge about spot trading, I decided to jump into future trading, which was where I wasted all the money I had. I was getting addicted to future trading then because after losing all that I was having in future trading, I went to borrow money to continue trading futures, hoping I would win back my money, but I lost everything in future trading. At the end, I had to caution myself and force myself to trade the future, since then, I haven’t really gotten close to future trading.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

The first time I bought bitcoin ? the value of Bitcoin is just hitting 1,500 dollars each but of course My capital is just 3 digits and bought only some part of bitcoin , what made you ask this mate? is there anything to follow about your question?
but that is the saddest part of my crypto journey because if I only add some value to my capital? I may have holding 1 whole Bitcoin now and yes had a x50 income from my holding for that long period of time .
Activity: 412
Merit: 10

Taken an entry at the trading was just this year when I say the bitcoin price was almost below $20k where i didn't understand to hold some coins or to sell them. But still can't lose hope and I had waited for the bull season and finally a bull season came. I had also got a decent profit in that bull session even though I had received so much loss when I start trading and my first trade was around 50$ which i hold the coins for about 2 days and got a loss of 20$ in that. But indeed that loss was the success to my start and still I'm very happy.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1703
airbet.io
...The question today is how much was the price of Bitcoin when you started trading?

I do not know what your interest is to find out the price of Bitcoin at the time when the participant started trading, but you can open the BTC chart yourself and see the price of the coin at the time of registration of the participant on the forum.
I became aware of this forum in 2016 and started actively exploring the forum.
But I don't trade on Bitcoin right away and it certainly takes some learning first.

Interested in knowing the price of Bitcoin when trading for the first time may just want to know what has been missed and whether they are still holding on or selling their holdings quickly or still getting a lot of profit, It's more about remembering the past about trading with Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
...The question today is how much was the price of Bitcoin when you started trading?

I do not know what your interest is to find out the price of Bitcoin at the time when the participant started trading, but you can open the BTC chart yourself and see the price of the coin at the time of registration of the participant on the forum.
Activity: 294
Merit: 215
I think it was most likely in the 150-200$ range when i first started trading. Before that i was just messing around and getting familiar with the scene. Now that i think about that, thats nearly x200
I second this. I bought my first bitcoins at around 80$ and started trading them a few month later until the price rallyed to about 1000$ in 2013. This was the time when I stopped my trading activities back then.
That means you realised that trading Bitcoin was less profitable compared to just holding? I noticed a lot of Bitcoiner started off with trading before they became holders, with few exceptions. Those who started with buying to hold for long term probably had divine revelation because I know there were so many uncertainties surrounding Bitcoin then.

However, as I was a complete novice in this area at the time, the losses in BTC terms were also quite high - but quite bearable in dollars at the time. But I would still very much like to have the BTC now Wink
It is obvious that there are not much people who can say they are so successful trading Bitcoin. I have followed several discussions here but not one person that have attested to becoming very successful as a Bitcoin trader. Maybe it should be their little secrets. On the other hand, there have been many successful people who achieved success by simply holding Bitcoin.
Activity: 2106
Merit: 282
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
2017 I started joining in the middle of the month I remember that initially I was doing work to get xrb or mrai. At that time maybe Bitcoin was in the $1000 range and at the end of the year I knew about bounties until now. I think I was really lucky to know Bitcoin at that price at that time.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 293
I found it at around $2000. it went up in a year to $10k. this really doesn't make sense. I remember it happened at the end of 2017. Unfortunately the high increase was followed by massive FUD the following year. I think a lot of people left crypto in the following year, even now it's not as exciting as 2017. I don't think that year will ever come back again even if bitcoin is bull.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON
Are you referring to the trading of the short term that you make a trade of futures or are you referring to the times when you bought your first bitcoin or rather satoshi? I started to buy my first satoshis around March of 2019 just to accumulate as possible then I also bought XRP as my altcoins and ETH those are the top listed coins well even now and then I make trade a couple of months or more because I dont have a good strategy yet so I study for a while with the help of internet and then I make a trade just around $100 and make a gain profit during bull market around $300 enough for a good run as a beginner but not as always is a green day so i just casually make a trade when i want.
The combination of learning and trading with a careful technique is laudable, especially given the unpredictable nature of the crypto market. A $300 profit as a rookie during a bull market is no minor achievement. Even though you accept the market's volatility, it's admirable that you've achieved success with returns throughout bull markets. Your wise technique of trading casually when you are confident demonstrates a balanced viewpoint, realizing that not every day in the market is a green day.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 390
Bitcoin's playing around the 10k price point when I started to get serious about it and invest. Eventually I dropped it completely after a tumultuous crypto run that literally took everything that I have and more.
If you may, can you describe to everyone what it feels like to have everything that you have taken from you? I assume that it's a devastating thing for you to happen but our assumption of what you've felt after that is different and much more accurate. The time that you've started trading is a pretty rocky time for crypto because that's around pandemic right? So I can probably see what happened to you during that time, a lot of people faced difficulties during that time so in a way a lot shares your problem although it's not the same level since it can never be truly measured.

I can't remember the time that I've started trading or what price it was because it was such a long time and it's an on and off thing since I've done trading even when I was still in college so it's easy for me to forget but maybe I can say I've started even before the pandemic so probably around 5k to 8k. I envy those that have started trading back when bitcoin was still around 100 dollars, imagine if you were trading at around 1 to 5 btc at that time and then you stopped trading then you came back to it.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
Bitcoin's playing around the 10k price point when I started to get serious about it and invest. Eventually I dropped it completely after a tumultuous crypto run that literally took everything that I have and more. I went back in 2020 trying my luck in this forum and that's when things went real well for me. That's also the first time I really took upon Spot trading for cryptocurrencies and bitcoin. If my memory serves me correctly the price of bitcoin was upwards of 30k which was a massive deal back then since this was way back when bitcoin was recovering and shooting from a measly 6k.

Lots of stuff happened till then, and while I don't trade as much anymore, it really opened my eyes to how integral and hard trading cryptocurrencies is, initially I thought you'd just place bets and stuff, when I was put in the ringer I realized there's more to this than just putting in your trades and hoping for the best.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329

I am not an active trader but I still really remember the first time I tried trading Bitcoin around July 2017, at that time the price of Bitcoin was still around $2000, at that time I only tried to put money around $100 but then I immediately withdrew everything because at that time I couldn't make a profit, I only made a loss, I still remember that the money I withdrew was around $60, and to this day I still really regret what I did, if I had survived at that time I might have had a lot of Bitcoin because that was the price at that time it was still cheap.
Activity: 784
Merit: 34

Wish I had a good smartphone then I know how much would have been resting in my account today... But all the same I still got hold of some millions through crypto, and as for the price of Bitcoin then when I started it was in Satoshi I know and then it was worth like ₦400,000k In naira. And that's same year was when I started trading Alt coin and accumulation of AirDrops of different shit coin, What an history to remember.
Pages:
Jump to: