Pages:
Author

Topic: How much will BTC be worth when it replaces what percentage of fiat? - page 2. (Read 3053 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
in doge we tryst
Thanks for that post - now that's something to work with!
The Gross World Product (GWP) is currently around 80 trillion US$. (That's a US trillion, a British billion.)

Wouldn't the GWP be all the money the world economy turned over in a given period of time? How is that related to M2, M3 or whatever?

When you got some money on your account or under your mattress, it counts for the M's, but doesn't do anything, so doesn't count for the GWP.

You're right. Monetary Base (MB) is probably the best bet to figure this out. MB of the US is supposedly $3,736,101,000,000. What about the world?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Why does it matter how much BTC will be worth in USD in the future? Why does it matter now? Unless you're a speculator, the whole idea is to abandon fiat. Once bitcoin replaces fiat, fiat will be worth 0 because nobody will use it, ideally.

Speculators  Angry

I for one am a speculator, although I sincerely hope BTC will win against fiat via technical k.o.

Btw, speculators are necessary now, they speed up this process of adoption A LOT.

This whole calculation is just to get a refernce for where the BTC-price is right now, and I have to say, if you think about the possibilities, that calculation is more than amazing!
umm there is what 10Trillion dollars ? floating around the world that does not include all the other currencies

21million BTC in to 10 Trillion goes how many times ?

you need to do some homework 

21 mio goes into 10 trillion 476,000 times, and that number would be higher if we calculate with more than 10 trillion. So really, your post doesn't make any sense.

Better would be if you helped finding out with which number we should actually calculate (instead of 10 trillion).
Thanks for that post - now that's something to work with!
The Gross World Product (GWP) is currently around 80 trillion US$. (That's a US trillion, a British billion.)

Wouldn't the GWP be all the money the world economy turned over in a given period of time? How is that related to M2, M3 or whatever?

When you got some money on your account or under your mattress, it counts for the M's, but doesn't do anything, so doesn't count for the GWP.

So, if today you managed to mine the entire 21 million BTC and replace all fiat currency with it, 1BTC would be roughly equal to 3,800,000 US$.

Wow, that's a lot of $ for 1 BTC! Now, if you only took the BTCs currently in existence for that calculation, you would even get 6,500,000 US$ for 1 BTC!

However, the GWP grows approx. 3% per year, making BTC worth way more by the time it's all mined should it replace fiat.

Good point! Then, one could debate about the calculation of the GWP anyways, so it's all very complicated.

Furthermore, I don't believe the official GDP numbers for a second, they are "managed" intensely by the governments, especially the US one. Just calculating the US GDP with the real inflation would mean a negative growth for the US - which is exactly what is taking place! Europe is fucked as well.

In any case, we can see that all of those calculations are just a very rough number and you could calculate the variables in many different ways.

And, despite what we all wish, unless you had a hegemony that adopted BTC, you wouldn't replace all fiat. And, BTC being a pretty libertarian currency, I highly doubt most BTC proponents want a world government.

I totally agree. This is just to get a feeling for the current evaluation, and this seems to be even better than I thought...

BTC to $100,000 is good enough for me...!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
BTC Market Cap 100% of all fiat = 1 BTC  $1 000 000

that's why µBTC exist ...  Grin
in doge we tryst
True, but it will matter how much buying power I have in a fiat-free future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
Why does it matter how much BTC will be worth in USD in the future? Why does it matter now? Unless you're a speculator, the whole idea is to abandon fiat. Once bitcoin replaces fiat, fiat will be worth 0 because nobody will use it, ideally.

Speculators  Angry
in doge we tryst

So, if today you managed to mine the entire 21 million BTC and replace all fiat currency with it, 1BTC would be roughly equal to 3,800,000 US$.

However, the GWP grows approx. 3% per year, making BTC worth way more by the time it's all mined should it replace fiat.

And, despite what we all wish, unless you had a hegemony that adopted BTC, you wouldn't replace all fiat. And, BTC being a pretty libertarian currency, I highly doubt most BTC proponents want a world government.
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
umm there is what 10Trillion dollars ? floating around the world that does not include all the other currencies

21million BTC in to 10 Trillion goes how many times ?

you need to do some homework 
The question is: What percentage of the market cap of fiat does BTC have to reach in order to be worth x dollars?

I didn't calculate it myself, I'm just throwing out numbers I have heard here and hopefully you guys can confirm/correct and go into specifics:

I have heard if BTC replaces all fiat money in the world, 1BTC would be worth approximately 1 million $ (I have also heard 2 million $, so maybe that 1 million is more on the lower side).

That would mean:

BTC Market Cap 0,1% of all fiat = 1 BTC  $1000
BTC Market Cap 1% of all fiat    = 1 BTC  $10 000
BTC Market Cap 10% of all fiat   = 1 BTC  $100 000
BTC Market Cap 100% of all fiat = 1 BTC  $1 000 000

I'll stop here...

Does anybody know how much the total M2 of fiat in the world is? And should we use exactly M2?
Pages:
Jump to: