Pages:
Author

Topic: How often do you invest your Bitcoin to Altcoins? - page 4. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I invest directly in altcoins instead of bitcoin because I believe in altcoins more than bitcoin,things are not going smooth for altcoins but they will in time
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
I never do that I usually trade my altcoins to buy altcoins, I still consider Bitcoin to be irreplaceable I don't buy trade my that is on my wallet so I can buy new coins, new coins will take a lot of time to establish their presence, Bitcoin is already here and trading profitably.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 250
Before trading or invest over any coin I am always keep on eye this coins market their vulnerability, I am always analyse current market situation of coins before trading or invest, and I always choose instant trading for fast profit!
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
BTC $1 mln.
I mainly invest in coins that I consider promising with big plans for the team and their high activity. Obviously, in prospective projects I seek first to make a profit, otherwise there is no point in investing without a profit. But lately I have been trying to sell some altcoins in which I don’t see prospects and development and leave BTC because its dominance has grown significantly lately.
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
I have traded BTC for ETH in the past when it was 10:1 and now I regret it, it was the stupidest trade I have ever made.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
If asked how often, then the answer is very often. I very often invest bitcoin into altcoins when the market improves, because it is an opportunity to seek profits, even though I did not invest everything because personally I really like bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
I invest for the love of a project, I follow up on their development, if they keep up developing I top my investment funds. I invest to make profit as well losing money isn't a good deal.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
  • You invest because of the Technology of the coin And what it could bring to the cryptocurrency space
  • You know the developers and supporting them
  • You believe you could profit in the long-term

That is my reason to invest in the altcoin, but I don't always buy whenever the price is down, but I will make sure that at that time, those altcoin is getting down. I will buy more amount no matter if I already have that coin because I believe and know that the developers can work better in the future, and they continue the project. Besides that, I will hold the most amount for a long-term and only use some amount to trade to gain more bitcoin because for that coin, and I think the price will be up and down in many times, so it is good for me to try to make a profit.[/list]
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
Recently, I am trying not to invest in altcoins, because I was very disappointed by the cryptocurrency market and in almost all altcoins, and therefore I only trust Bitcoin at this time.

but you should know, one from many way to inctease our bitcoin amount is by buying altcoins my friend
and not all altcoins bad buddy, you can see ethereum, eos, cardano is a part of good altcoins project
Activity: 395
Merit: 102
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
l would like to mention that l like absolutely invest ETH. That is why, it has more chance than another altcoins. It will eternal best altcoin. You can be on the right track, if you buy and hold it. l would really like to say that it is worthwhile. Personally, l find it extremely profitable. It is absolutely fantastic that we live in the era of high-tech.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
To be realistic, the purpose of my investments is generally to make a long-term profit. And i usually prefer coins which in the Top20. Sometimes I am buy from the tokens too of that project to support the projects which i like. But even in that, I thinking that, I can sell in the long run when the coin / token price reaches a certain amount.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
I have created my portfolio 1,5 years ago and I am investing more every month. The reasons for that are great prices and project updates, so I am buying more of those coins that are already in my portfolio. Furthermore, I am trying to add at least one new coin per month as well.
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
I have thought of this topic because I don't invest much in altcoins, 
I was an investor in altcoins when altcoin was profitable and I because bitcoin price was not easy to pay for. At the turn of the bear market and bitcoin price fell I switched to bitcoin investment and as we would have it altcoins lost strength, no I will not sell my bitcoin to splash the money on altcoin
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
I don't simply invest in altcoin because of it's name only. I DYOR and I only chose those altcoins that are well established and have a strong beliefs that those coins will give me profits not just in the long run but whenever I trade them. The developer and the team has a big impact, too but I always look for each purpose. If a project has a possible goal, it may look successful.
Activity: 448
Merit: 5
Certainly switching I bitcoin to other altcoins as the price rises just like ETH and BNB because these two altcoins are very likely to increase the price.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
I have thought of this topic because I don't invest much in altcoins, just trading it to profit. I'm talking about the one you will buy that you would HODL in the long term and keeping it in your cold wallet, hardware wallet, paper wallet, or whatever you do with it as long as you keep the currency itself.

The reasons I could think are the following:

• You invest because of the Technology of the coin And what it could bring to the cryptocurrency space
  • Because of the Name of the coin. Lol.

I'm just wondering if there are other reasons that you may have and if you agree with the ones I listed. Share it here.

I'm primarily invested in Altcoin, and very rarely hold high amounts in BTC.

While the reasons that you list are true in many cases, there are other advantages to holding altcoin, I'll list 3:

1. Staking!

Since altcoin really refers to any crypto other than Bitcoin (BTC), the only options for POW is one of many different altcoin options.

2. Privacy

Bitcoin does not provide anonymity only pseudonymity.  For crypto to full replace cash worldwide it need to provide the same anonymity as cash, many altcoin chains provide this.

3. Diversity of Portfolio

While it is true that, right now, Bitcoin is doing very well but leaving many altcoins in the dust.  Many altcoin investers whom were properly diversified during the past couple years saw much smoother movement in their profolio than those simply holing BTC, while these folks in this situation may currently be down from those who held BTC alone.  In time bitcoin scalability issues as well as the two other items I mentioned have the ability to revive the altcoin market.

Hope that helps to clear up why some of us choose to hold our crypto in altcoin rather than bitcoin, and in the end isn't that what cryptocurrency is really all about? Choice.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
I have thought of this topic because I don't invest much in altcoins, just trading it to profit. I'm talking about the one you will buy that you would HODL in the long term and keeping it in your cold wallet, hardware wallet, paper wallet, or whatever you do with it as long as you keep the currency itself.

I'm just wondering if there are other reasons that you may have and if you agree with the ones I listed. Share it here.

The first three are true for me. I have highly limited the number of alts I invest in as they have performed poorer than bitcoin this year.
When I invest, technology is an important aspect to consider. What the token/coin intends to achieve, how user friendly the coin is and most importantly, its current and future market. Developers and community is another factor, it's what would led the coin in long term. And of course every investor expects a good profit in long term.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
I do not agree with this. If this is for the new altcoin, of course there is no guarantee that they can be used for long-term investments.

Yes. I also never put my money to invest in new altcoins for long term. I think it is a truly wrong decision for sure. Most of the new altcoins are only about pump-dump once they are listed on exchanges. After several months, many turned to have very cheap prices. 

Why don't to buy old coins, like Bitcoin and Ethereum for long term assets. I think it should be a better idea than keeping new altcoins. Currently, I am not really interested in new altcoins, I prefer to choose top coins for trading or investment.
Activity: 598
Merit: 100

Bitcoin and any other alts like ethereum is such a good investments for a long term they have good developer and smart contracts and some experts says that btc and eth reach 10x more in the future.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
Well, actually I rarely invest in the coins using my BTC. Sometimes, converting the BTC into altcoins may be good enough, however, if we don't know the exact project to invest, we may get nothing. In this case, the reason for investment using BTC for altcoins includes the right choice of the coins itself, how the coin prospect in the future, and also technology that is implemented.
Pages:
Jump to: