Pages:
Author

Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅ - page 2. (Read 7215 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
September 23, 2018, 10:57:13 AM
If we want to be sure that our bitcoin be safe the first things we must do are such as follows:

1. For offline wallet use Hardware wallets

2. For cold wallet use Electrum wallet

3. Always back-up your wallet or regular back-up

4. You better choose such online services very carefully. Additionally,
    using two-factor authentication is recommended.

5. Always keep your software up to date/updates.
Activity: 658
Merit: 253
September 23, 2018, 10:28:28 AM
You are right, it all depends on individual safety. Very often people tell everyone that they have bitcoins, how many and where they are stored, just to brag and show that they are in trend. That's because of these and there are loud robberies. You have to keep your mouth shut and keep your purse on a reliable and complex password.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 08:13:02 AM
Bitcoin technology is very, very secure, which is why I chose to invest in it. And I did everything that depends on me: I bought a MacBook, with the most reliable user protection, bought a Trezor wallet. I hope this keeps me from hackers.
Activity: 364
September 23, 2018, 08:05:18 AM
I have heard several cases of hacking and theft of bitcoins, but they all occurred through the fault of the owner, unfortunately. Therefore, I do not advise anyone to neglect the safety of their own investments and choose only proven wallets.

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500
September 23, 2018, 07:49:57 AM
I have no doubt about the safety of the technology itself, and I believe that everything depends on the investor himself. We should choose only the most secure wallets and store our own passwords.
Activity: 332
September 23, 2018, 07:35:53 AM
In my opinion, blockchain technology was designed with a very good system. If it wasn't for our own negligence, it would be very difficult for people to hack someone else's wallet

Its true, blockchain is good technology to secure transaction data. Bitcoin use decentralized system and transaction data store in many computer in the world, i think bitcoin very safe because hackers can not change the data
I think bitcoin is very safe because it has a hardware wallet and won't be hacked. because we also have a complicated account and password, we also always open our account to invest.
Activity: 238
Merit: 144
September 23, 2018, 05:09:47 AM
I think that from a technical point of view - bitcoin is the most secure system, but the problem is that the security of your wallet depends on you. If you do not pass your encryption keys and are careful, you can be sure of your coins.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus
September 23, 2018, 05:00:50 AM
In my opinion, blockchain technology was designed with a very good system. If it wasn't for our own negligence, it would be very difficult for people to hack someone else's wallet

Its true, blockchain is good technology to secure transaction data. Bitcoin use decentralized system and transaction data store in many computer in the world, i think bitcoin very safe because hackers can not change the data
Activity: 355
Merit: 102
September 23, 2018, 04:29:20 AM
Best way to secure all your cryptos is to use an offline wallet instead of exchanges and online wallets as it will keep you safe from any online attack. And yes its very difficult to still bitcoin as most of the people own private key to the wallet just keep them safe.
in my opinion, the security of bitcoin can be safe and it is also not safe, it is not necessarily safe to avoid hackers, so I think our security is our own whether we can secure our account and wallet from there, bitcoin is safe from bad people from our own
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
September 23, 2018, 04:22:43 AM
It's not safe. If an exchange got hacked we are nothing. Even heard ware wallet not safe because it's an early stage for them. I think some most of the time we got hacked for our mistake. Biggest mistake no antivirus & pirated OS. Except this talking too much about Crypto in social media, it's making you target of a hacker.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
September 23, 2018, 04:15:55 AM
if I think bitcoin is very safe. if anyone loses, don't light anyone but blame ourselves. who neglected to protect the bitcoin assets we have. like not providing additional security ..
Activity: 266
Merit: 42
The rising tide lifts all boats
September 23, 2018, 04:06:31 AM
From where I stand, $6600/BTC is laughably overpriced.
Bitcoin is not for day-to-day transactions, like buying bread.
The mnemonic rule for this is: Bitcoin is gold, LN/alt sidechains are silver (or paper notes backed by gold, depends on how you look).
To buy bread, you use copper, not even silver.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
September 23, 2018, 04:02:50 AM
my bitcoin always  safe. because  my bitcoin only my wallet address
Activity: 30
September 23, 2018, 03:57:15 AM
Crash, don't crash. Noodles, don't noodles. Irrelevant questions. What's the state of Bitcoin usage today? Ironically high considering the reality. I'm in the middle of trying to send a Bitcoin transaction that would have cost me $.04 to send, but would have taken approximately 50 minutes to confirm. Instead, I chose to send it with high priority, costing me $.55, and supposedly confirming in approximately 20 minutes. That was 45 minutes ago. I'm sorry, gang, but we have a long way to go before this technology is useable in any real sense, which makes the current price of it still way too high. It's too volitile to be a store of value for most people (Venezuela and other unstable national currencies not-withstanding), and it's almost unuseable in its current state as a currency. While it's true there's a lot of potential for some really impressive use cases, at the current time they're on the fringe of everyday use. From where I stand, $6600/BTC is laughably overpriced.

Interesting. So then what's your formula for fair price per usage? News flash .. there is no such formula. It's speculation of an enormous potential and most of us are OK with that because we see where this is headed. Have you looked at the P/E ratios for some of the biggest company stocks out there? My point, you could make your argument about any overpriced stock, and many of these companies will have far less impact and disruption on the future than Bitcoin and crypto will likely have.
Activity: 24
September 23, 2018, 03:54:02 AM
Crash, don't crash. Noodles, don't noodles. Irrelevant questions. What's the state of Bitcoin usage today? Ironically high considering the reality. I'm in the middle of trying to send a Bitcoin transaction that would have cost me $.04 to send, but would have taken approximately 50 minutes to confirm. Instead, I chose to send it with high priority, costing me $.55, and supposedly confirming in approximately 20 minutes. That was 45 minutes ago. I'm sorry, gang, but we have a long way to go before this technology is useable in any real sense, which makes the current price of it still way too high. It's too volitile to be a store of value for most people (Venezuela and other unstable national currencies not-withstanding), and it's almost unuseable in its current state as a currency. While it's true there's a lot of potential for some really impressive use cases, at the current time they're on the fringe of everyday use. From where I stand, $6600/BTC is laughably overpriced.

You must be standing with your back turned then, looking at XRP, ETH or BCH lol

It's massively undervalued still and what a transaction costs is almost completely irrelevant to the value of the tokens. It could be $100s in equivalent USD value per transaction and there still would not be a problem with the main value proposition. If you don't understand this your investment in Bitcoin is a blind one (a lucky win).
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
September 23, 2018, 03:43:16 AM
The hardware wallet is the only panacea
Activity: 397
September 23, 2018, 03:35:11 AM
It depends how safely we use it.In this technical era intelligence is must.If we handle with care than bitcoin is totally safe.Just use bitcoin for  right purpose.We need to be secure while using bitcoin.Try not te share your wallet key with anybody,otherwise it is secure enough but still we need to be aware that nobody misuse it for wrong purpose.Just try to safegaurd your wallet key that is more than enough.
Activity: 252
September 23, 2018, 03:25:50 AM
To protect the private key, use the Google Authenticator, backup wallet if necessary to guard against the possibility of a problematic server or a damaged computer / hard drive.
Activity: 443
Merit: 12
September 22, 2018, 07:13:46 PM
Bitcoin is completely safe, if elementary security rules are respected when working on the Internet. If you use reliable software, don;t visit suspicious sites, then the risk of loss is minimal.
Activity: 406
September 21, 2018, 02:43:06 PM
Depends on you. If you take care and safely store it on a hardware or paper wallet you are pretty much safe. Similar with any other assets, it always depends on you.
Pages:
Jump to: