Pages:
Author

Topic: how should coin developers be remunerated? - page 3. (Read 4667 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
then we are agreed, that is exactly what I am doing Smiley here

watching. Having it on exchange though helps investors to obtain it if they want. If you can't exchange it and speculate on future success what sense does it make?

edit: it's the art to find a balance between reward for miners and protecting interests of investors. Supply and demand makes the price. Keeping it off exchange initially can make sense but later it should get on exchange when you want to open it for investing.

further edit: it'll be about keeping miners interested for the long term to mine it. That's the first thing towards a successful coin.
Activity: 294
Bitmark Developer
then we are agreed, that is exactly what I am doing Smiley here
The community appears to have moved towards screaming scam every time they see the potential for a coin developer to make some money on a coin they created, released, and supported.

So as a community, what method of remuneration would you be happy with?

I would think that a coin developer who believes that his coin will succeed would probably already own significant amounts of the coin that he is developing. Just like the case with Satoshi and Bitcoin. By simply contributing to his own project and helping to push the coin forward, he would be enriching the value of his own coins.

exactly that

that guy asks maybe for constant payout to dump on the market. I'll take that back when prooven wrong of course. No offence.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The community appears to have moved towards screaming scam every time they see the potential for a coin developer to make some money on a coin they created, released, and supported.

So as a community, what method of remuneration would you be happy with?

I would think that a coin developer who believes that his coin will succeed would probably already own significant amounts of the coin that he is developing. Just like the case with Satoshi and Bitcoin. By simply contributing to his own project and helping to push the coin forward, he would be enriching the value of his own coins.
either you doing it because you love it or you are doing it because you have a groundbreaking idea that is a gamechanger. If none of that applies you shouldn't release a coin.

sorry for being direct. Investor here. (one of the last survivors probably)
Bitmark Developer
Thank you for not reading anything.
a dev has to mine his coin from the first day till the last day. He must be the first to start and the last to stop mining. So if he creates a wothwhile coin he will earn money from it. Other than that: donations and income from creating services for the coin.

Main income for the dev will be the priceappreciation of the coins he holds until they mature.
We are talking about multimilliondollar coinmarketcaps. If you can create a coin that is traded for multimilliondollars later you will be suited. If you can't do that you shouldn't get a large income. Show results first. People get payed after they worked not beforehand.

Your problem seems to be that you want to make a quick buck but can't produce a coin that can compete in the market.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
They don't deserve to be enumerated.
their bills are not my problem.. fuck em !

wanna make dumb ass excuses ? how did free services like Facebook or Google get off the ground ?

We call them scams because they are.. don't play games about it.

Proposal ?
Get a fucking job lazy greedy deceitful pricks.

+1 For lulz.

FB and Goog got of the grownd threw ventura Capital.

And this
legendary
Activity: 2184
Franko is Freedom

wanna make dumb ass excuses ? how did free services like Facebook or Google get off the ground ?

Proposal ?

Wasnt facebook started by students at harvard and didnt they have $20k? I mean.. thats not much but it isnt "nothing" by any means.
Activity: 378
Perhaps we should make a new crypto generated through 'proof of coin' (PoC) whenever a new crypto gets listed on an exchange, lol.

More seriously, the block tax seems like the most sensible option I've heard.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500

So you think Mark Zuckerberg got facebook to where it is now out of his own pocket? That neither facebook or google had investors or what would be considered an IPO in altcoin terms?

I personally think coinbase donations are the way to go. Dev's still get compensated for their effort but the risk of a premine dump is largely reduced.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
So do people who disagree with developers being compensated for their time also think that Gavin et al should stop being paid to work on Bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013
how did free services like Facebook or Google get off the ground ?

Hmm..
How about ad-displaying wallets then?

As in - Can't receive any coins until having clicked them...
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH

Proposal ?

+1 For lulz.

FB and Goog got of the grownd threw ventura Capital.
Bitmark Developer
gimme a break  Roll Eyes

If I came across wrong sorry, that wasn't my intention.

You made a perfectly valid argument, and one I agree with, any valuation of a project or currency should be earned not presupposed or inflated.

That's principal one of my own project.

Thanks for your input Spoetnik, it was appreciated.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
I haven't tested it out, but it seems that you could use lock_time to accomplish my proposal on the previous page. No?

See this thread for discussion, but, no.

The problem we found was that any taxation requires some transaction to be present (standard or non standard) in a block, any time you add a constraint like that any extending software (like mining software) needs to be modified to adhere to the constraint you added. This breaks compatibility, some coins may be happy with that, but it contradicts what we hope to achieve with Bitmark.

Interesting thread, thanks. 
legendary
Activity: 1540
FUD Philanthropist™
i would take a bad speller any day over a snotty brat Grammar Nazi trolling (Off-Topic) on someone with insults.

most of you do not posses the ability to stay on topic and you are compelled to insult people
yet while doing that you have the bloody audacity to criticize a guys spelling ? For Real ? LOL

gimme a break  Roll Eyes
Bitmark Developer

I always love your replies until they are in my threads, but then you make it better with a typo.
legendary
Activity: 1540
FUD Philanthropist™

Proposal ?
Bitmark Developer
block tax 1% of every block. If they stop working on the coin it's forked and that tax is cut off or pushed to an address of a new developer that takes over and works on the coin.

premines and instamines need to be stopped at once.

I have thought about that many times.

Did you see the other proposal?
Pages:
Jump to: