Pages:
Author

Topic: How society works - page 4. (Read 3309 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 100
April 28, 2017, 10:00:30 PM
Society can work also by way of development of information and communication technology especially computer, can already be enjoyed by majority of society. However, the development of information and communication technology is still there are many gaps
Occurs between urban communities and rural communities in particular Grin

Communities in remote areas. This happens because of uneven developments, and different levels of community needs. This gap affects the way people work. Smiley.....
Activity: 224
April 25, 2017, 11:06:54 AM
An individual and society have mutual influence on each other. Each of us forms society and at the same time we feel like society forces it's standards, moralities and norms of behavior on us. We are often prone to the so called gregarious instinct but strive to be original, unique and independent. This may lead to a conflict and make people unsatisfied with themselves and others, judgmental and unhappy. We have to remember that we are society and behave with each other the way we want others to behave with us.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 25, 2017, 10:31:19 AM
We'll society works with an people have an automatic tedency to assume that if someone is disagreeing with someone,they are their enemy and they are inherently bad and they should be fought but,you can disagree with someone and still respect them.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 24, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
That is the problem of human nature. We believe have the right to judge someone, but let's take an example with A. Linсoln. He was very smart man - always tried not to judge another people. Because he did not know their situation and the events that led them to take this decision.
It seems to me that people love to judge other people. This creates in their minds the illusion of their superiority over those whom they judge. On the other hand there are no people which is not something to judge. All men are sinners.
Activity: 700
April 24, 2017, 12:52:56 PM
That is the problem of human nature. We believe have the right to judge someone, but let's take an example with A. Linсoln. He was very smart man - always tried not to judge another people. Because he did not know their situation and the events that led them to take this decision.
Activity: 644
April 23, 2017, 11:15:11 AM
I used to judge people a lot before. Both the reasons are responsible. It is because of society as well as because of human nature. But then i came across these lines.

" when you look at the person, remember they have a story. A story you know very little about that has completely changed them. Be gentle, be kind and release judgement. "

I thought deeply about it and realised that i have been doing wrong. I started working on it. Off course it wasn't easy. You have to force it. But gradually it will become a habit and you might see a change in yourself. Stay happy and spread happiness.  Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
April 23, 2017, 03:49:14 AM
In all honesty people tend to be judgemental when they are feeling insecure about things in their lives and take it out on others.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
April 23, 2017, 03:00:10 AM
To be honest jealousy is one of the human nature, we dont like to see somebody is more superior than us, and we are happy to see them not better than us, this is the thing that we need to get rid of, but the proboem is, its very difficult and the environment really help us to tackle this situation

We are not supposed to judge by the look but it is just our instinct to survive, if someone bringing a jnife in the street, we tend to activate our survival instinct by avoid that people and judge the person is a bad person
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
April 23, 2017, 02:39:30 AM
Sometimes when I pray to God I ask why He doesn't make everyone normal. I don't know if it's the story about angel and demons why we assume that beautiful people are good while those had a bad apearrance are not and we don't like them. But as I grow up I understand that it's only immaturity that makes us feel that way.
That's just how the human brains work and doesn't going to change but not everyone are like that. I beleive that people are good inside and it depends on who they are surrounded with. We shouldn't be judging by just appearance but it's hard if you experienced a bad thing.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
April 23, 2017, 02:18:10 AM
Most of the people nowadays are so judgemental making such reactions how people move or talk in a society. I think there are blames about the expression "First Impression". Mostly people base their treatment in a person by these way. It is natural or easy to judge a person without knowing them, especially when we don't really know them. We can't say harsh thing to them because we don't really know them. I think it is better to judge someone if you really know them, if you don't know them, it is just an assumption or a gossip.
Activity: 364
April 23, 2017, 01:18:43 AM
Crab mentality is the number one disease of every society wherein they can pull down those people who is rising so the society will never be progressive if this disease is continuous. We can avoid everything that is bad if we know the right and wrong or the good and Bad. So if we want to rise then we should work hard and if we are on the top dont forget to help other people to rise also.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
April 22, 2017, 11:43:55 AM
I think that it is a good question for everyone to answer, a really hard one and im sure that the result will vary, every person will answer differently.

In my opinion, society works basically thanks to one thing-cash.
Money runs the world, there is no doubt that this is the main target for most of the population. They dont seek for happy life, they dont look for things that may be worth more for them (sentimental value) than cash.
They look for power, and domination, being driven by greed and desire, to have more than other human beings.

For me, society is just a big race of desires, some people want to become famous, and some want to become rich.
Activity: 201
Merit: 194
April 22, 2017, 02:26:36 AM
I think that it is a bit of human nature, and also the people judge other people without thinking the circumstances that make do his actions, people don't have empathy.
Before I judge someone I think a lot, also I think I wouldn't like it someone continued to judge me for something stupid that I have made in the past because the people change.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
April 03, 2017, 04:42:50 AM
Why do people keep on seeing the bad things that people have done? Why do we judge other people quickly sometimes?

Is it in human nature that's why it's happening or is it the upbringing of the individual that he or she has seen growing up?

What can be done to be better and not to judge other people just by basing on looks but looking deeper into his or her character?

Share your opinion about it.

Western society adopted feminism and the concept of Victim-hood where there is always someone to blame and point the finger at regardless of character or circumstance in some cases with a focus on the individual. Example: Salem witch trials --> Towards Trigger Warnings
Eastern society always focused more on the collective over the individual and so instead it's a public shaming when one does something wrong.
E.G. Chinese tourists leaving behind garbage --> embarrassing China's reputation --> and shaming the people who do it.

So depends do you want
 Collective shame - China/Japan example
 Individual shame based culture - USA/Canada

Similar logic
Reform based prison --> Presume Good can be found in people even if they do evil try to reintegrate in time assumes a hard forgiveness.
Punishment based prison/Poverty Prison --> Presume Evil dominates a person who did a bad deed or are to poor and will become evil if released instead of reforming or trying to integrate into society.  

Again the question becomes
German Prison System - Humane
American Prison System -Inhumane

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/german-prisons-are-kinder-gentler-and-safer-than-the-ones-in-america-617
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
April 02, 2017, 11:10:22 PM
Because judging others is easier than fixing your own problems. 

It's something many of us do, even when we don't think we are.   Most societal norms include specifics of what to do or not to do, and by sneering at the people who do not do what is specified we give ourselves a false sense of superiority. 

What we should be doing is trying to make ourselves into better people, so instead of looking at people who are different from us and judging them we can acknowledge their differences and appreciate the many ways diversity makes our world a better place.

Unless they're just plain weird.  (jk)  Grin
Judging is easier but has a problem that they can't see in themselves. We should always become better people everyday and improve in the future. Always be better and don't mind the people that pull you down. It's very hard to do that but it is worth it.
Activity: 126
April 02, 2017, 12:29:14 PM
The only way people want to pass blame from themselves to others is to accuse them of exactly what they themselves are doing in secret. By doing this they feel good about themselves and throw suspicion from themselves, Thats hypocrisy of the highest level.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 02, 2017, 06:06:05 AM
Why do people keep on seeing the bad things that people have done? Why do we judge other people quickly sometimes?

Is it in human nature that's why it's happening or is it the upbringing of the individual that he or she has seen growing up?

What can be done to be better and not to judge other people just by basing on looks but looking deeper into his or her character?

Share your opinion about it.

If people did not know the difference between good and bad nothing would survive. It's good to know what is good and bad, and good for a person to judge without causing harm. Judging other people just by basing on looks is not really 'judging', it is following or imitating judgment but without the substance.

knowing which good thing and a bad thing it should. Which do not have to do is make things worse. When we know which one is good and which is bad, we can choose to approach and do good things and avoid bad things. Sometimes without realizing we did a bad thing because we do not know that it was bad. So it is very important to be able to distinguish between what is good and bad.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
April 02, 2017, 02:48:10 AM
People tend to judge others because they like to see the same faults thats in them in others as well. Its as Jesus said there are those who say talk about a speck of wood in their friends eyes whereas they have a log in theirs.

Not necessarily. I get angry at people who I see publicly talk down their children. Does that mean I'm also guilty of the same thing? We need others to point out our mistakes we might not notice on our own. Passing judgement is only a problem if it is being used to oppress people and/or limit what they can or allowed to do.

Look for example the previous stigma against single mothers. True, their society might look down on what was perceived to be their "mistake" but that should have just been it. Unfortunately, until recently this judgement has relegated them to second-class status.

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
March 30, 2017, 04:20:27 PM
People tend to judge others because they like to see the same faults thats in them in others as well. Its as Jesus said there are those who say talk about a speck of wood in their friends eyes whereas they have a log in theirs.
But there are situations when a person judges another because he does not like this or that act or lack. I do not think that we need to take everything under one yard of all possible facts.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
March 30, 2017, 03:12:12 PM
Pages:
Jump to: