Pages:
Author

Topic: How stable will bitcoin be? - page 4. (Read 16019 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
December 10, 2016, 12:02:35 AM
It seems to me that the Bitcoin can not be stable. After all, it is based on supply and demand. And it is very unstable quantity. Fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin is its normal state

Bitcoin's price may fluctuate, but you have to see how much it fluctuates. If the fluctuation is less than say + or -1% a day, I would say that its price has stabilized. The problem right now is the Bitcoin's volatility is higher than most asset classes.
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
December 09, 2016, 06:30:48 AM
It seems to me that the Bitcoin can not be stable. After all, it is based on supply and demand. And it is very unstable quantity. Fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin is its normal state

In what stability are you referring to the price of bitcoin? Of course it is not stable because it is a decentralized crypto currency. For me, bitcoin is stable in a sense of its economy and demand because of its price we can clearly see that bitcoin is now being on the state of stable at the price of $700.

you are right, the stability of Bitcoin - a constant increase in prices. This currency is not subject to inflation - is also stable
Activity: 270
December 08, 2016, 03:10:58 PM
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 08, 2016, 04:56:50 AM
Bitcoin can not be stable like other currency because Bitcoin is still being developed and it is a new currency. There are many years ahead for Bitcoin to improve and be recognized by people.Since Bitcoin was created, its price has increase more than billions times and I can ensure that it will continue to increase until it become an international currency
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2111
I stand with Ukraine
December 08, 2016, 04:50:48 AM
Bitcoin was pretty stable during past several weeks. The difference between the highest and lowest prices always has been in the range of 5% during that period of time which is a very nice result for Bitcoin. I think if the price will go over $1,500 in one month then a huge drop is inevitable but if it will stay below that mark everything should be okay.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 08, 2016, 03:25:35 AM
Government and society don't need to go into anarchy, I believe that the trend is to move to a decentralized governance model. Bitcoin itself is not an anarchic currency, because it is controled by miners, that's also a decentralized governance model.
It's not something that happens overnight, it would take decades for governments to begin such a transition.

bitcoin is as stable as the water because this is a currency that is not been controlled by the government i think it is moving up to a system of decentralized model were you can move about with your money without the interference of the government ,because it is been controlled only by the miner in circulation.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 900
December 08, 2016, 02:56:20 AM
So, supposing bitcoin, or some variant, manages to completely replace the world's currencies.  This will certainly make some governments unstable, some might well collapse - see http://freedomainradio.com/board/forums/t/19983.aspx

But, there's a big problem here, bitcoin requires electricity and global internet to function well, and these kinds of services probably won't be so stable without working government.

So... bitcoin substitutes currency, government is destabilized, society descends (or ascends?) into anarcy, electricity & internet become unstable, society descends into the next dark age.  Has anyone thought about that?

There`s no way for bitcoin to replace all the fiat currencies.

Bitcoin is just an alternative.

By the way,we can print bitcoins and use them as paper money,so you don`t need electrcity and internet.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
December 08, 2016, 01:36:30 AM
its more stable than the past few years. and bitcoin is growing rapidly hoping that all of us would use bitcoin so we can make bitcoin price more higher today . until now im waiting till bitcoin reach 1000 us dollars because im buying bitcoin on my friends because they're giving me a low exchanged than the market. and im still waiting for the price range become more higher than today Smiley i think it would be stable for more 5 years.

the price is stable but there is a sign for down before its move into higher but i think it will not reach 1000 us dollars and its too far before we can go for that price. i see on the poloniex, the sign give a new trend for the down and i hope its not down to deep because if this is happen then its really hard to get raise again.

It will reach 1000 USD within next year for sure. Basing from what is happening today, the prices is really high now and we only need around $200 to reach $1,000 level. That is not so far away. If it rises around $1 a day then we only need 200 days to get to $1,000. I think it will rise and not fall anymore as more and more services are using Bitcoins. There is news that alibaba will use Bitcoin in the near future.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 572
December 07, 2016, 11:24:06 PM
its more stable than the past few years. and bitcoin is growing rapidly hoping that all of us would use bitcoin so we can make bitcoin price more higher today . until now im waiting till bitcoin reach 1000 us dollars because im buying bitcoin on my friends because they're giving me a low exchanged than the market. and im still waiting for the price range become more higher than today Smiley i think it would be stable for more 5 years.

the price is stable but there is a sign for down before its move into higher but i think it will not reach 1000 us dollars and its too far before we can go for that price. i see on the poloniex, the sign give a new trend for the down and i hope its not down to deep because if this is happen then its really hard to get raise again.
Activity: 854
December 07, 2016, 10:41:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
December 07, 2016, 09:45:13 PM
When existing governments collapse, new forms of government will emerge. Bitcoin will lead to transformation processes that will improve the efficiency of services by whatever form government there will be. Even if we may go through transition periods with supply problems, not the whole world will have the same problem at the same time.

That said, even in a state of non-governance, electricity can still be available. The scenario OP painted implicitly assumes that the supply of energy is under the monopolized control of government. That is not true for many countries. Even without government, private companies can still sell electricity. In addition, decentral sources of energy are readily available, like solar energy or small wind generators.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
December 07, 2016, 05:50:10 PM
The current rise in bitcoins price is more stable than its previous price changes. According to Tilleir, bitcoins previous price hikes were mysterious but the current one is due to the devaluation of chinas currency. Because this is a logical reason for the price surge, the market is acting  with a forward disounting mechanism and some degree of appreciation is now built into the price.
I doubt that current rise of bitcoin's price is more stable than previous price changing. Bitcoin changed it's price in every moment since the moment of it's creation. Only one period that was really stable to bitcoin's price I would call - it's the time after Bitfinex was hacked on August of this year. Remember the price almost didn't move in September. But bitcoin could came back from it and continued to move up.
As still majority of the people of the world do not know about bitcoin, and the users of bitcoin are continuously increasing, because the popularity of bitcoin is increasing every day, people are now getting confidence on bitcoin therefore they are investing their assets here, so the demand of bitcoin is increasing which increase the price of bitcoin.

Hope that when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin as currency then bitcoin will become more stable.
Activity: 294
December 07, 2016, 06:26:29 AM
The current rise in bitcoins price is more stable than its previous price changes. According to Tilleir, bitcoins previous price hikes were mysterious but the current one is due to the devaluation of chinas currency. Because this is a logical reason for the price surge, the market is acting  with a forward disounting mechanism and some degree of appreciation is now built into the price.
I doubt that current rise of bitcoin's price is more stable than previous price changing. Bitcoin changed it's price in every moment since the moment of it's creation. Only one period that was really stable to bitcoin's price I would call - it's the time after Bitfinex was hacked on August of this year. Remember the price almost didn't move in September. But bitcoin could came back from it and continued to move up.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
December 07, 2016, 03:51:10 AM
So, supposing bitcoin, or some variant, manages to completely replace the world's currencies.  This will certainly make some governments unstable, some might well collapse - see http://freedomainradio.com/board/forums/t/19983.aspx

this assumption is not right because nothing can replace the whole world's currencies since nobody is going to agree with that. besides bitcoin is not capable of doing that.

But, there's a big problem here, bitcoin requires electricity and global internet to function well, and these kinds of services probably won't be so stable without working government.

other things need electricity too, banks, ATMs, printing money,...
if we assume bitcoin replaces anything, it will also replace the power consumption by those things too.

So... bitcoin substitutes currency, government is destabilized, society descends (or ascends?) into anarcy, electricity & internet become unstable, society descends into the next dark age.  Has anyone thought about that?

government is not powerful with fiat, yes they are printing money but that doesn't mean anything in my opinion. you are overthinking things into chaos.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
December 07, 2016, 03:38:48 AM
If we are talking about stability pertaining to bitcoin there are two things to consider. Bitcoins price and the second bitcoins existence.

Bitcoins price is not stable it is volatile, it constantly changing depending on the market trends.

Second is bitcoins existence, is it stable enough to survive long enough or it will die a few years from now. In m opinion, in this stage bitcoin is stable as it is beginning to expand and grow stronger everyday. So there are no question on its stability as it will stay on the market for a long time.
Activity: 238
December 06, 2016, 04:29:38 PM
I think that the philosophy of Bitcoin is not aimed to bring anarchy, but to bring freedom of choice to people. When people perceive the damage that a centralized government can bring to the economy and to society, they will struggle for more decentralization.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 703
December 06, 2016, 04:17:41 PM
Some people think that anarchy and chaos are the same thing but they are mistaken, anarchy is simply the lack of a central government telling us what to do while chaos is completely and outright disorder.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
December 06, 2016, 03:58:04 PM
Also I am not ready to agree that governments go unstable / collapsed due to introduction of a new payment system, as long as governments are able to impose and collect taxes (not just on bitcoins), they will survive and rule.
Yes, I too believe bitcoin will not disturb any government by any means because bitcoin has nothing to with politics and  people will not ignore their own country's economic improvements. But interestingly bitcoin will support strong individual financial improvements. So we never need to worry about political imbalances due to bitcoins.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 05, 2016, 12:07:46 AM
Activity: 560
December 03, 2016, 03:35:13 PM
Government and society don't need to go into anarchy, I believe that the trend is to move to a decentralized governance model. Bitcoin itself is not an anarchic currency, because it is controled by miners, that's also a decentralized governance model.
It's not something that happens overnight, it would take decades for governments to begin such a transition.
Pages:
Jump to: