Pages:
Author

Topic: How the Government made you fat - page 2. (Read 659 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
July 29, 2021, 01:10:52 PM
guys, it's not the government that makes us fat, but we ourselves do it. Genetically modified foods were not created to undermine human health, but to solve the problem of hunger. if we had not invented this, now there would be hunger in the world and many people would die because of this. watch what you eat, exercise at least 3 times a week and you will be slim and healthy. stop shifting responsibility to the government because you are fat, only you are to blame, only you are building your life and your body. stop whining like girls, pull yourself together and do something for yourself

Genetically modified fruits are so much sweeter bringing higher dose of sugar per serving, the more sugar the more you will become a sugar addict.

GMO is for profit by big corp..patents, they own your food, if get their way they will own all your food.

Government FDA recommended maximun daily intake of 12.5 teaspoons of sugar per day.

Those are just some quick info.
Activity: 92
Merit: 4
July 29, 2021, 11:43:16 AM
guys, it's not the government that makes us fat, but we ourselves do it. Genetically modified foods were not created to undermine human health, but to solve the problem of hunger. if we had not invented this, now there would be hunger in the world and many people would die because of this. watch what you eat, exercise at least 3 times a week and you will be slim and healthy. stop shifting responsibility to the government because you are fat, only you are to blame, only you are building your life and your body. stop whining like girls, pull yourself together and do something for yourself
legendary
July 29, 2021, 06:37:57 AM

It is tough to care for your self in different ways in different countries.

This! .. That's why health is wealth, just like wealth, you have to work for it and spend more for it.

Everything that is easy are most likely not healthy like fast food.

Activity: 237
Merit: 19
July 28, 2021, 11:47:58 PM
Well, first of all "the government" sounds like you mean all governments in the world.

And I would not argue with decisions and knowlage many years ago. I mean we all know that there was many stupid stuff in the past.
legendary
July 28, 2021, 11:37:35 PM
Reading this thread gave me an idea that some of the pro vaxx/government ass lickers here are big fat ugly motherfuckers LOL  Cheesy

You have years and years to listen and experiment with your body.

There is still hope for OP.

The healthiest foods are the most delicious and satiating.---if you can't relate with this statement then you have a lot of work ahead of you.  Wink
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
July 28, 2021, 11:15:07 PM
Yeah, it's kinda like how way back all the nutritionists demonized fats but then the food companies started loading up on sugar, because "zero fat! was the eye catching headline. Then high fructose corn syrup became dirt cheap and they loaded up every food on the planet with sugary syrup. Even if you look towards government for nutritional advise (imagine doing that), how are they going control Americans from shoving burgers and chips down their gullet? Don't trust them for much.

One very good example is some sort of yogurts with zero fat. I personally think that any processed foods are deadly, natural fats are actually highly needed in our body. Food companies are gaining billions annually poisoning the community and the government of course is highly supporting it because we are talking "billions" in here.

I believe that the government has no reason to make you fat. Because of the advancement of biotechnology, any theory about health and nutrition is constantly changing.
The government's goal is  to make citizens to be healthy. It's just that the theoretical update is slower than the rapid development of society.

If this is the case why is it that most of the countries do not support agriculture that much? They are spending billions to make medicines that were caused by the processed foods rather than spending it on the local farmers and growers. 

If the government really cares about the well-being of the citizen they should have banned cigars and soda but they don't because it is giving them a lot of money.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
July 28, 2021, 10:52:29 PM
I believe that the government has no reason to make you fat. Because of the advancement of biotechnology, any theory about health and nutrition is constantly changing.
The government's goal is  to make citizens to be healthy. It's just that the theoretical update is slower than the rapid development of society.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
June 27, 2021, 08:58:46 PM
<...>
Since I saw your post, I have seen more corrections and facts, you are very right. Emphasizing on the government and dietary intake is just not a genuine reason why people are fat, it has to be related to gene, lifestyle and food consumption etc.

There is a gene called melanocortin-4-receptor gene (MC4R), such gene mutation has been one of the main cause of obesity. Although there are other genes (for example ADIPOQ, INSIG2 and PCSK1 etc) that can be mutated and resulting to obesity. Although, the genes are linked to excessive eating and obesity, but yet later the genes are responsible for some people that will not eat much after being obessed but yet not reducing in weight that resulted to big problem.

Like me and most people that I know as a friend and my community, I noticed our diet, mainly carbohydrates like rice, wheat, yam, amala (grinded yam and casava, eba (prepared from casava flake), pounded yam, sweet potato, Irish potato and maize during maize season. I am very certain in Nigeria that 70% of our diet are made up of this foods while in each meal it is supported with meat, fish and soup. The main protein source from plants are beans family while the rest are meat, fish, egg and other animal by products, but we eat more of carbohydrates. Oil from palm oil and normal vegitable oils like soy oil, groundnut and sunflower.

I have read little about food consumption and daily requirements while using Guyton and Hall in the past, I noticed the food intake requirements corelate with the food intake in my community which are 65% to 70% carbohydrates, 20% to 25% protein while 10% to 15% fat/oil.

Even with the hard work and bad economy in my country, most people are not fat, while people that are fat should know to go to dietician for food recommendation. At first, some will wake up early in the morning and jog before going for work and it worked for some, while some do fast like until 12 pm before eating, or combining it with jogging and it worked for some people. Some will still later decide to just visit dietician for what could help them.

The body is very not the same, I have a friend that eat a lot but not fat and want to be fat, some eat plenty of carbohydrates and yet taken drugs like vitamins and suppliments in order to be fat.

You are correct because no one way to have healthy weight.

You can do a few things if the-medically  tests are available.

At 10 15 and 20 you can do the carb testing Dr Atkins used to do.

You fast for 16 hours then drink a coca cola like super sweet drink.

They measure how you body handles the carbs and you at least know if you should restrict carbs in your diet.

40% of Americans taking this test are like me they need a lower carb intake.

I am lucky that My body processes dairy meat nuts and seeds very well.

I also process colestoral very much the same no matter what fats I eat.

My wife tried the Atkins diet in the 90’s and lost 20 pounds but her text book perfect colesteral went a bit higher.

I have been doing the low carb atikins diet for 3 years. When I found I had the type 2 diabetes.

my good but not perfect colesteral stayed exactly the same.
Even though I add meals with lots of hi fat yogurt and good quality  cheese.

Removed rice
removed bread
removed pasta
no soda
no milk
but cream and butter are okay.

So I literally added 1000 calories in fats and protein and removed 600 calories of carbs

my weight stayed the same.
my colesteral stayed the same.

but my blood sugar dropped from a1c of 12.1 to 6.8
and my daily readings dropped from 260 to 120

It is tough to care for your self in different ways in different countries.

USA seems nice but god I could take you to a supermarket and 75% maybe 80% of the food is unhealthy.

In Nigeria there may not be enough meat and dairy available and too much rice or yams or carbs.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
June 27, 2021, 03:16:13 PM
<...>
Since I saw your post, I have seen more corrections and facts, you are very right. Emphasizing on the government and dietary intake is just not a genuine reason why people are fat, it has to be related to gene, lifestyle and food consumption etc.

There is a gene called melanocortin-4-receptor gene (MC4R), such gene mutation has been one of the main cause of obesity. Although there are other genes (for example ADIPOQ, INSIG2 and PCSK1 etc) that can be mutated and resulting to obesity. Although, the genes are linked to excessive eating and obesity, but yet later the genes are responsible for some people that will not eat much after being obessed but yet not reducing in weight that resulted to big problem.

Like me and most people that I know as a friend and my community, I noticed our diet, mainly carbohydrates like rice, wheat, yam, amala (grinded yam and casava, eba (prepared from casava flake), pounded yam, sweet potato, Irish potato and maize during maize season. I am very certain in Nigeria that 70% of our diet are made up of this foods while in each meal it is supported with meat, fish and soup. The main protein source from plants are beans family while the rest are meat, fish, egg and other animal by products, but we eat more of carbohydrates. Oil from palm oil and normal vegitable oils like soy oil, groundnut and sunflower.

I have read little about food consumption and daily requirements while using Guyton and Hall in the past, I noticed the food intake requirements corelate with the food intake in my community which are 65% to 70% carbohydrates, 20% to 25% protein while 10% to 15% fat/oil.

Even with the hard work and bad economy in my country, most people are not fat, while people that are fat should know to go to dietician for food recommendation. At first, some will wake up early in the morning and jog before going for work and it worked for some, while some do fast like until 12 pm before eating, or combining it with jogging and it worked for some people. Some will still later decide to just visit dietician for what could help them.

The body is very not the same, I have a friend that eat a lot but not fat and want to be fat, some eat plenty of carbohydrates and yet taken drugs like vitamins and suppliments in order to be fat.

You are correct because no one way to have healthy weight.
legendary
June 27, 2021, 02:06:38 PM
At poker player people simply are afraid of how much their set of genes affect them.

Okay my known genetic flaws

1) colorblind
2) near sighted
3) asthma
4) never could process carbs correctly.

My good genes
1) dairy easy peasy no issues
2) meat easy peasy no issues
3) nuts and seeds easy peasy no issues
4) no high blood pressure
5) high iq

How the us government attacks things

1) they allow rBGH in dairy

that is a synthetic growth hormone

It is banned in Canada and in Europe

I can't digest dairy with that hormone as well as 'normal' dairy

If I eat hormone filled dairy and later on do a bowel movement it will feel as if I passed a normal sized stool say the size of a banana but it I look at the stool it is the size of my pinky and black and tar like.

Why is this?

Simple rBGH jacks the milk up with far more casin a protein my body say oh I can digest this and works hard real hard to digest it leaving a tiny amount of waste pinky sized versus banana sized.

This means all the other food you ate was also super digested.

Which is why calories in to calories burn is false.

It disregards super digestion of you food or

lack of digestion of your food.

I wish I was wrong but I know for a fact how badly the American public is played about food.

Here is a product designed to "help" diabetics

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Leaf-Unsweetened-Brewed-Calories/dp/B015Z6WJDY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

only 2 ingredients brewed black tea and citric acid

they do not tell you they make it in the same plant as this

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Leaf-Extra-Brewed-Bottles/dp/B00XOOP95U/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

and in fact after they make 10000 or so bottles of the super sweet and then do the unscented making 10,000 bottles they use the same machine

So the first 500 bottles of unsweetened are sweet.

Took me 2 months to figure why my sugar numbers went up

I now make my ice tea with this

https://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Black-Bags-100-Natural/dp/B07B1NP8JT/ref=sr_1_2?

and zero sugar spikes occur.

I have found the above to be true with more than 25 other products.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
June 27, 2021, 11:36:13 AM
There is no single diet that works for everyone.

Yes there is. Fasting works for everybody.

But the fact remains that if you burn off more than you consume, then you lose weight.

You and suchmoon agree on the same idea, as do others who have commented in the thread, but you are not right. Your model does not explain why insulin makes you fat even if you consume the same calories.

Weight loss is a simple math problem.

Dr. Fung's latest video is precisely about that idea.

How To Lose Weight (Controlling Body Set Weight) | Jason Fung

Your model can't explain this:

Or this:

Your body and my body do not process foods the same = fact.
All the bowls of cereal for fifty years each morning were terrible for me.

Apart from individual variability, I understand that the older you get, when you have been eating a carbohydrate-based diet 5-6 times a day for many years, the worse and worse the machine works.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 279
June 23, 2021, 09:55:09 AM
The government have made me fat because ever since I left school,I've been in the house pressing my phone,eating without going anywhere.No government opportunity for me to work, the country today,if you don't wake up to do something on your own,you'll be left behind.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
June 23, 2021, 03:59:19 AM
Yes, everyone is different. Some diets work for some people, other diets for other people. There is no single diet that works for everyone. But the fact remains that if you burn off more than you consume, then you lose weight. The solution is the same, it's just that the specific route taken (from a food perspective) to get to that solution will vary from person to person. Although some degree of exercise is generally beneficial for everyone.

Activity: 14
Merit: 1
June 22, 2021, 09:13:58 PM
There is no simple answer to this question.

When only talking about the U.S., then the average man, aged 20 years or older, weighs 197.6 pounds (lbs). He also stands around 5 feet 9 inches tall and has a waist circumference of 40 inches. This is according to dataTrusted Source collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) between 2015 and 2016 and published in 2018.

In contrast, the average U.S. woman is both lighter and shorter, weighing 170.6 lbs, standing 5 feet 3.7 inches tall, and having a waist of 38.2 inches.

Within the U.S., the average weight for men varies with age. Younger and older men tend to weigh less than those in middle age.
-https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320917#average-weight-of-men-in-the-us
legendary
June 22, 2021, 08:14:08 AM
Read the thread.

I am six feet tall I weigh 194.

I weighed as much as 256 and as little as 172 as an adult.

I am 64 years old.

semi retired.

I sit on a stationary  bike three times a day and do 30 minutes each time.

Right after each meal.
I eat keto as low as 20 carbs on some days.

my a1c has dropped from 12.1 to 6.8 no meds.

if i eat a desert it is usually fresh strawberries with fresh whipped cream that has a little bit of maple syrup in it.

you should know how you process carbs the late doctor atkins developed a test.

if you fail it you need a lower carb diet.
if you fail it and have nut allergies it will be harder for you since nuts are great food for lower carb diet.
if you fail it and do not process corlesteral badly atkins diet gets tougher.

I am lucky in the sense that no matter how much meat and dairy I eat I process it very well.
May be due to my viking grandmother.

so I have good corlesteral
I have good sugar with keto diet.

All the bowls of cereal for fifty years each morning were terrible for me.

And fat milk would not have fixed it.

I make an omlet every two days

eight eggs
qualty meat
peppers
onions
quality cheese.

it serves two breakfasts and two lunches it reheats quick and easy.

after breakfast I get on the recumbent bike and pedal while i use the ipad
after lunch  I do the same.
after dinner i may look at netflix on the bike.

It is a good routine that many desk job people could do.
you dont whale away on the bike you pedal whille you do some pc work.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
June 22, 2021, 08:03:36 AM
the classical model that all calories are equal is too simple.
Yes. I hope we can all agree on this. The body processes different foods differently. 100 calories of spinach is very different to 100 calories of chocolate. And we are biologically predisposed towards eating stuff that in large quantities is bad for us.

So all things considered, does the government have a responsibility to help fight obesity? Should they implement a tax on fatty foods?
I believe that simply changing the current nutritional guidelines for others that are more suitable for human beings would be enough.
Government advice is one thing, and may need changing, but by itself it's not enough, because...

Weight loss is a simple math problem. Burn more calories than you consume.
No man, no. You seem to refuse to understand. It's a hormone problem, it's not an algorithm. That's what this thread is about.
... because weight loss is, fundamentally, a simple maths problem, burn more than you consume. Governments and companies dispensing bad advice or encouraging us to eat unhealthy food is one thing, but as individuals we also need to take responsibility for our actions. Cigarettes come with health warnings - and in my country, with graphic images of the damage they cause printed on the packets - but people still buy them. We are told to exercise more. But we don't. Whilst governments should endeavour to give us good advice, personal responsibility remains the major factor.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
June 22, 2021, 01:54:28 AM
Weight loss is a simple math problem. Burn more calories than you consume.

No man, no. You seem to refuse to understand. It's a hormone problem, it's not an algorithm. That's what this thread is about.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
June 21, 2021, 05:38:07 PM
Well, it is a fact - government didn't really make (or unmake) me fat.

Precisely the opposite is what I have been explaining, and I see that you, again, simply assert the opposite without providing arguments. Good for you.

Not sure what arguments you want to hear. A picture of me on a bathroom scale? Not a pretty sight so maybe let's skip that.

You're acting as if no one ever heard of keto or fasting. It's definitely not a miracle you're trying to make it sound like and can cause health issues for some people.

Current nutritional guidelines are definitely not a miracle and do cause health issues for lots of people.

I don't see how replacing non-miracle guidelines with a non-miracle overhyped diet is the solution but I strongly believe in anyone's right to get fat or slim any way they choose. It would be good for you to tone down the absolutism and look at the big picture. Weight loss is a simple math problem. Burn more calories than you consume. If keto is how some people find it easier to do it - great, but I've seen too many miserable ketotonic donut-craving muggles to trust any hype about it.

At no time did I say that they can lose weight doing fuck.
[...]
However, with ketogenic diets, you don't count calories and eat until you are well satiated and you don't need to move more to lose weight

Ok. Perhaps you're technically right. Eating counts as doing something I guess.
donator
Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
June 21, 2021, 04:35:25 PM
The conclusion I reach is simple: don't rely on the government to take care of you. Take responsibility for your own health.

This is very true.  True with food.  True with financial support.  True with housing.  True with vaccinations.  If you think these people have your best interests at heart, you are a fool.  We are merely viewed as cattle to them.  Similar to sheep that need to be just enough alive to continue providing wool for their shears.  What else do you expect from a government that doesn't tax candy but makes it illegal to grow food in your front yard?  You really think they care about you and your health?  If they did, they'd be donating to causes to help with medical care for the less fortunate, not forcing overpriced mandated health plans on the poor so that all of us non-elite are lumped together to carry the burden of public healthcare while the rich and politicians get to rake in profits with their healthcare investments.  They get reduced liability for the public's health situation, excluded from the public plan for their own elevated healthcare, the appearance of wanting to help, and tons of profits on their investments.  We get mandated healthcare plans, substandard care, high deductibles, and overcrowded offices.  All this while the foolish think they're trying to help...
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
June 21, 2021, 05:23:55 AM
From the area I'm emphasising it's quit true that what causes human fat is not only the food's we eat alone the beginning of fat is confidence and gene, because some set of people don't have much food in their family but every time you see them they will be healthy, so it's caused by the gene which is embedded in blood, while some people indicates through much consumptions of food macromolecules.

Genes and our lifestyle both play a big role in if we are slim or fat. But this is just a base condition, it won't mean that we always have to stay fat or slim. We can change and adapt. Saying that we are fat because of the government or our genes is just an excuse. I can understand that we might not have the money to buy the most healthy products, but we can still do sports. Staying active is very important to lead a healthy life.
Pages:
Jump to: