Pages:
Author

Topic: How the Government made you fat - page 3. (Read 659 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
June 20, 2021, 10:51:47 AM
From the area I'm emphasising it's quit true that what causes human fat is not only the food's we eat alone the beginning of fat is confidence and gene, because some set of people don't have much food in their family but every time you see them they will be healthy, so it's caused by the gene which is embedded in blood, while some people indicates through much consumptions of food macromolecules.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
June 18, 2021, 05:27:39 AM
They only thing they control are things like corn subsidies. And the US is a big corn producer, so when corn becomes dirt cheap, what happens? You have food companies that switch from sugar to high fructose corn syrup. Mexico is a huge sugar cane producer, so it's cheaper just to use subsidized corn instead of paying for Mexican sugar. Still, no one is forcing you to eat unhealthy foods. They got the  kcals in clear view on every label, just don't pick up the twinkies at the grocery store.
The government do not force anyone to do anything, it is good for people to have their own studies about nutrition, natural meals is also very better than any other meals. It is not the government that will bath for someone, not the government that will drive someone to where he is going, not the government that will feed someone, government will only advice on what the scientists (what a or some scientists defended and seen true to other scientists) think it is right, not what only one scientist is say on social media. If someone is getting obbesed, there are diet regime that can be prescribed by dieticians to help, exercising the body can also help.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
June 18, 2021, 05:16:11 AM
You can put it the way you want. This is not about what you recall or not , this is about facts.

Well, it is a fact - government didn't really make (or unmake) me fat.

You are right, the government is not buying the groceries for us, nor are they putting the food in our mouth. But what they are doing is controlling the companies that produce the food. There are safety standards in place to protect consumers. Maybe the government could make better standards for the future, like preparing meals with less fat and sugar. The health of  the population should be a major concern for the government. With a healthier people the medical cost should be reduced and the life expectancy increased.

They only thing they control are things like corn subsidies. And the US is a big corn producer, so when corn becomes dirt cheap, what happens? You have food companies that switch from sugar to high fructose corn syrup. Mexico is a huge sugar cane producer, so it's cheaper just to use subsidized corn instead of paying for Mexican sugar. Still, no one is forcing you to eat unhealthy foods. They got the  kcals in clear view on every label, just don't pick up the twinkies at the grocery store.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
June 18, 2021, 12:28:31 AM
I don't think the government is making us fat according to the current situation everyone is meeting their own needs and the government is not doing any activities achieve human nutrition and food security through family organic farming. The present growing population has undertaken various programs with sufficient awareness to meet the food needs as well as to ensure food security you don't have to depend on the government. People will take different initiatives for their own protection.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 279
June 15, 2021, 07:02:37 PM
They made me fat by making society too cushy and not enough work Cheesy
You  don't have to rely on the government of your country to provide opportunities,you have to go out there,look for what you can do and  start making effort towards doing them. It can only make you fat when you contribute positively towards your well-being,knowing fully well that your health is your highest treasure.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
June 15, 2021, 04:06:39 AM
You can put it the way you want. This is not about what you recall or not , this is about facts.

You are right, the government is not buying the groceries for us, nor are they putting the food in our mouth. But what they are doing is controlling the companies that produce the food. There are safety standards in place to protect consumers. Maybe the government could make better standards for the future, like preparing meals with less fat and sugar. The health of  the population should be a major concern for the government. With a healthier people the medical cost should be reduced and the life expectancy increased.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2013
June 15, 2021, 02:43:34 AM

Precisely the opposite is what I have been explaining, and I see that you, again, simply assert the opposite without providing arguments. Good for you.

You're acting as if no one ever heard of keto or fasting. It's definitely not a miracle you're trying to make it sound like and can cause health issues for some people.

Current nutritional guidelines are definitely not a miracle and do cause health issues for lots of people.

And trying to tell people that they can lose weight doing fuck all is probably harmful too. People should talk to their own doctor instead of listening to youtubers.

It seems to me that you are smarter than these Charles-Tim-like arguments you are making. The latter is a false dichotomy. People can listen to their doctor (or better, consult more than one doctor) and also listen to certain Youtubers who happen to be doctors.

At no time did I say that they can lose weight doing fuck. What I have said is that the argument that you have to eat less and move more to lose weight is a garbage argument based on a flawed model that assumes that all calories are equal, that does not take into account the hormonal reaction of the body when we eat different types of food, that does not take into account that the body reduces basal metabolic expenditure and many other things. However, with ketogenic diets, you don't count calories and eat until you are well satiated and you don't need to move more to lose weight, although exercise should always be part of a healthy lifestyle.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
June 14, 2021, 10:52:08 AM
Thank you very much suchmoon, Poker Player needs a lot to learn before making his blantant false arguments centering healthy living of not getting obessed on only daily dietary intake, while yet misleading people.
legendary
June 14, 2021, 07:40:16 AM
So all things considered, does the government have a responsibility to help fight obesity? Should they implement a tax on fatty foods?

I believe that simply changing the current nutritional guidelines for others that are more suitable for human beings would be enough. Do not tell people to follow guidelines that make them fat and diabetic, etc.

Why should they tax fats? If you talk about fats that come from vegetable oils I might agree, but not fats from eggs, avocados and butter.

Even if the guidelines change, will anyone listen to them? Probably not. I wouldn't say I'm for or against a tax of bad foods. Perhaps just neutral. The thing is -- it is your choice to be morbidly obese. If someone is a healthy individual, should they have to pay the same tax for sugary or fatty foods that an obese person would have to pay? But also, the world is getting fatter and it costs a lot of government money to take care of obesity and obesity related sicknesses, so maybe there might be a public interest in getting people to put down the cheese burger and pick up a salad.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
June 14, 2021, 07:25:28 AM

What Dr. Fung says is that he started out telling people to eat less and move more, which is advice that does not work in more than 90% of cases. I would explain why but with that attitude you have of thinking you are right and that's it instead of being open to new ideas, I'm not going to waste my time.

You're acting as if no one ever heard of keto or fasting. It's definitely not a miracle you're trying to make it sound like and can cause health issues for some people. And trying to tell people that they can lose weight doing fuck all is probably harmful too. People should talk to their own doctor instead of listening to youtubers.
Activity: 898
Merit: 284
June 14, 2021, 06:37:28 AM
If the society is too cushy, you are the one to go out and search for meaningful and reasonable thing to do, so as to keep yourself busy.Government can't really make everybody fat because not every body has the enthusiasm to be rich through government opportunities.Self employment can make you fat as well.
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
June 14, 2021, 06:05:06 AM
legendary
June 14, 2021, 06:01:28 AM
All I have noticed is that you do not know how complicated the human body is,

I am exposing the ideas of Dr. Bret Scher and Dr. Fung but I could mention many others. You mean they don't know how complicated the human body is? It's the other way around, the classical model that all calories are equal is too simple.

Continue your ketogenic diet without no physical exercise. And no need to comment generally on lifestyle focus your healthy living with your ketogenic diet because it will burn fat without no exercise. Maybe you are even implying physical exercise is not compulsory.

You see, that's why I didn't even read you, because you mix truisms with nonsense and twist the things I say. Just because you can lose weight doing keto without exercise does not mean that exercise is not necessary in a healthy lifestyle.
legendary
June 14, 2021, 04:44:20 AM
Suchmoon and you have exposed the erroneous model that assumes all calories are equal. That it is the same to eat 2,000 Kcal of donuts, big macs and coke as it is to eat 2,000 Kcal of salmon and vegetables. Your theory is garbage because it assumes that the question of weight is a question of calories that is solved arithmetically. Nothing could be further from the truth. The weight issue is a hormonal issue. Your body reacts much better hormonally when you eat eggs, salmon and vegetables than when you eat Big Macs. That's why people lose weight by going on ketogenic diets without starving themselves. You can eat healthy food to your heart's content and lose weight without doing any sport at all. And you can eat less and move more according to the garbage advice you give, and still get fatter, because your body adapts and reduces the basal metabolic rate.
You are shifting this to obesity, some obessed people can be recommended ketogenic diet, like I mentioned before it is used in certain treatments, ketogenic diet is not yet proven to be good for normal daily consumption, only because it makes the body to reduce fat makes some people recommend it for obeesed people, not for daily consumption. Like I implied in my previous post that it is used in certain treatments.

All I can say is well done, go for your fat based diet, but I will not recommend people to doing such. All I have noticed is that you do not know how complicated the human body is, that is why you are commenting wrongly here. Continue your ketogenic diet without no physical exercise. And no need to comment generally on lifestyle focus your healthy living with your ketogenic diet because it will burn fat without no exercise. Maybe you are even implying physical exercise is not compulsory.

Also the macronutrient daily consumption I posted above is not for obessed people, but for people that are not obessed. Obessed people needs to see dietician which will help them out.
legendary
June 14, 2021, 04:10:28 AM
I will not post here further more than this.

Good.

It is like you did not read what I have been posting.

No. I haven't. I decided not to read you anymore when I saw that in the first post you insisted on explaining things that I already knew as if I didn't know them.

suchmoon and I had already posted the truth,

Suchmoon and you have exposed the erroneous model that assumes all calories are equal. That it is the same to eat 2,000 Kcal of donuts, big macs and coke as it is to eat 2,000 Kcal of salmon and vegetables. Your theory is garbage because it assumes that the question of weight is a question of calories that is solved arithmetically. Nothing could be further from the truth. The weight issue is a hormonal issue. Your body reacts much better hormonally when you eat eggs, salmon and vegetables than when you eat Big Macs. That's why people lose weight by going on ketogenic diets without starving themselves. You can eat healthy food to your heart's content and lose weight without doing any sport at all. And you can eat less and move more according to the garbage advice you give, and still get fatter, because your body adapts and reduces the basal metabolic rate.

legendary
June 14, 2021, 03:20:33 AM
So all things considered, does the government have a responsibility to help fight obesity? Should they implement a tax on fatty foods?

I believe that simply changing the current nutritional guidelines for others that are more suitable for human beings would be enough. Do not tell people to follow guidelines that make them fat and diabetic, etc.
I will not post here further more than this. It is like you did not read what I have been posting. suchmoon and I had already posted the truth, and I furthered it to explain how olden days are different from now while many people are doing normal office job which are sedentary work, also including the processed and junks foods they are eating, while eating fruits is declining unlike before. While also people before were active and do even strenuous works and jobs that can help them to convert the carbo to energy and also muscles. Also, limiting it to only food consumption which really makes you very wrong. Instead to use lifestyle to focus on this topic, you are using only food consumption, very wrong.
legendary
June 14, 2021, 01:45:10 AM

Why should they tax fats? If you talk about fats that come from vegetable oils I might agree, but not fats from eggs, avocados and butter.
legendary
June 13, 2021, 03:36:17 AM
Also to consider, male testosterone levels have been decreasing over the last few decades. Researchers say it's obesity, lack of exercise, and a sedentary lifestyle which might cause this. This could lead to fertility issues too.

https://www.healio.com/news/endocrinology/20120325/generational-decline-in-testosterone-levels-observed

legendary
June 13, 2021, 02:38:18 AM
Normally, is it the government only that will tell you everything? But I will never advice people for high fat diet. I just watch the video today, while the second link in the second paragraph was http and also unable to work. Did you know that according to scientific research, that eating cholesterol does not contribute to plasma cholesterol level in the body, it is fat intake that is resulting to high cholesterol level.

<...>
Obesity can not just be focused only on dietary intake, there are many other factors responsible for obesity

• gene
  • process foods
  • junk foods
  • certain type of medication
  • sedentary work and no exercise
  • overeating
  • eating too much of simple sugar, but I still recommend what I posted above but which focus more on complex sugar (starch)
  • not exercising the body

You can not limit it to just eating of carbohydrates, it is also clear how fasting can help, some people will have to fast during certain period of the week which is helping.

There are different types of carbohydrates (primary, secondary and complex sugar), complex sugar like starch not does have much significant effects like you are thinking. Most foods Americans are eating today are processed foods which have highest calories and simple sugars. The recommended simple sugars are the ones contained in fruits (not processed foods) which have a unique way it combines and that will be helpful for the body.

You are talking about diabetes, you did not talk about how the world are not eating natural foods unlike before, now they are eating factory processed foods while many are made up of simple sugar.

You did not also talk about how our forefathers were active unlike the sedentary jobs of today.
legendary
June 12, 2021, 11:17:41 PM
Let me put it this way: I don't ever recall paying attention to what the government tells me to eat (if it ever did) and blaming it won't make me lose weight. Diet and exercise works fine for me.

Even your "Dr. Jason Fung" seems to advocate "intermittent fasting", but overall he sounds too much like one of those "my diet is the best" windbags. I doubt his method works perfectly for everyone.

What Dr. Fung says is that he started out telling people to eat less and move more, which is advice that does not work in more than 90% of cases. I would explain why but with that attitude you have of thinking you are right and that's it instead of being open to new ideas, I'm not going to waste my time.

Then he discovered fasting, which at first he thought was nonsense and low carbohydrate diets, which not only work much better than the garbage advice you and the government give, but has given spectacular results curing type 2 diabetes.

It's funny that you call him a windbag, which is an ad hominem that shows that you have no weighty arguments to refute what he says.

Pages:
Jump to: