Pages:
Author

Topic: How the rich get richer and why it works - page 4. (Read 663 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 416
The rich becomes more richer simply because they have the chance to invest whenever they want and earn more profit than those people who doesn't have any money to invest on some good projects and good investments. The rich has the resources they want in order to make them richer the most and  the poor doesn't have the resources to make them rich. That's the wheel of life and the reason why rich get more richer than anyone else.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
You might be right about them not making a circulation of their wealth unless it is their circle but the other reason is that they have privileges like they can do tax write offs if they donate some of their money to a charity which we all know are just a fancy hub for making the money not get out of their grasp. And they can also evade their taxes if they want to and they can lobby politicians to create laws that will favor their businesses.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
March 31, 2021, 03:10:21 AM

Now, you need the votes. If you are in the 10% of the richest you have a problem: You have something that everyone else would like to take from you. They cannot do this directly because the right to private property / ownership is normally granted and enforced. However, in a democracy, you run the very serious risk of people asking for laws that would force you to distribute wealth. This is the outline strategy on how the rich prevent that from happening:

I don't think that distribution of wealth is a likely scenario in western countries. The problem ist that most rich people have their wealth invested in companies all around the world, so taking away ownership of a company or acquiring the company by the government wouldn't work well for a country. All the big companies would instantly switch their headquarters out of the country if there such a high political risk involved. The same goes for the rich families. You could just give back your citizenship and immigrate to Switzerland, or another Tax / Rich friendly country. Or even better, you just buy a super yacht and start living in international waters. Nationalising industries and wealth of rich people is a very dangerous idea that could ruin the whole economy.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
March 31, 2021, 03:05:45 AM
Now, you need the votes.

No. Here you went to wrong direction, hence I stopped reading.
Many wealthy people don't care about politics.
Many wealthy people don't do politics directly. Instead they have politicians on their payroll - in many cases from multiple parties - politicians that will protect the interests of these wealthy people.

And for the title, it's simple: wealthy people can afford to lose huge amounts of money, hence they can do much more than us.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
March 31, 2021, 02:17:42 AM
Your post should be titled "How the oligarchs get richer and why it works." Grin
Do you think that the only way to become rich is to get political power?Money>Power>More money
You seem kinda inspired by Machiavelli.Is this some kind of guide about how to divide and manipulate the people,in order for you to achieve wealth,power and influence?
The rich get richer because they are investing and all their money works for them 24/7.
Also it's way easier to increase your wealth significantly,when you are already rich.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
March 30, 2021, 11:05:41 PM
I agree with some of it. However, I don't think the rich are this threatened by the poor. As a matter of fact, I don't think the rich are aggressively or even directly creating or spreading hate, hopelessness, fear, and so on simply for the sake of protecting their wealth against the poor.

If I look around, there is a certain level of freedom amidst hindrances and obstacles. Meaning, a poor person can actually get past all this and become somebody. The rich does not directly hinder this. One could actually rise from being a poor boy and become a CEO of a large company, and become rich himself/herself.

The more heated competition is happening among the rich. The 90% below are all under their payroll.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
March 30, 2021, 07:23:32 PM
This is very simple - TO KEEP WEALTH YOU JUST HAVE TO AVOID GIVING IT AWAY TO OTHERS

Imagine being an american paid $20 an hour wage in 2020 with $1 trillion US currency in circulation.

For sake of discussion, let's say the money supply doubles to $2 trillion in circulation. Is your $20 an hour worth the same, or does it devalue as the money supply expands? Imagine decades of inflation and money expansion, with the wages of average workers a flatline over time. I don't think anyone would argue the money supply is always inflating. The question is whether its being distributed evenly or fairly.

This is a topic europe and others have tried to address with inflation adjusted wages. A topic which appears to fly beneath the radar considering the lack of attention it receives. There is always a healthy minimum wage debate in the united states. It doesn't normally amount to more than "give me more money". Which could make progress a difficult thing to achieve.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
March 30, 2021, 01:26:53 PM

This is not a conspiracy theory and I not paranoid, this is how the world works. You probably live in your candy mountain full of fluffy sugar clouds. I don´t.

You can simply google "lobby groups" in the USA (or Europe for that matter) to see that this is not only real, it is not even hidden. Ask yourself why it took 50 years to put restrictions on tobacco?

I consider your post and analysis to relating to Africa kind of democracy

Quite the opposite. You can see here the stats for the USA:

https://econofact.org/voting-and-income

As you can see, there is a direct relation between turnout and income. This is not a coincidence. In fact the money involved in developed countries is such that there is much more interest in manipulation.

To analysis this again using the African and Nigerian model, this is the reason many people turn politicians because they want to get in there to be able to have influence on policies that will better their businesses. Is a system of distrust basically or some times you can also see such traces in developed economy too.

Surely the rich get richer by making themselves relevant in power. Even after them, their families want to keep going that way but things are no longer that easy for them.

No traces, is the whole system at work. News, society, workplace, ethics,... all in place to preserve the few.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
March 30, 2021, 10:12:35 AM
I consider your post and analysis to relating to Africa kind of democracy

How do you get another 25% of convinced voters to ensure that the laws maintain your privileges:

- Hate: You will get another 5% that are simply to angry to vote to "that party who is this and that"... you know, they vote with their guts not with their brains.
- Hopelessness: Discourage poor people from voting. Ensure they think their vote is meaningless or make it meaningless by Gerrymandering or similar, put a difficult process for registering,...
- Mislead: Ensure that they are not educated in alternative ways of thinking:  bitcoin is risky, the communists are taking over, this is the best country in the world, you have to trust the government,...
- Fear: Create an external and internal enemy (e.g. China) and place yourself as only alternative.
- Mislead: Ensure you have a public image of ingenuity and hard work, even if you basically spend your days smoking weed and tweeting.
- Hopelessness: The system cannot be changed. If you do something different it won´t work.
- Fear and disinformation: If you cannot oppose and argument, attack the messenger (AKA ad-hominem).
- Mislead: Be cute, nice, speak well, ... people tend to think positively of shit if shit is presented as food.
- Mislead: Poor are poor out of their choice, or because life is just like that, or because they have made bad choices or... you choose.
- Make sure to include a good number of public media in your "tournee". You will need them for all of the above.

I consider your post and analysis to relating to Africa kind of democracy because in more developed countries I don't think this happens...

Now, you need the votes. If you are in the 10% of the richest you have a problem: You have something that everyone else would like to take from you. They cannot do this directly because the right to private property / ownership is normally granted and enforced. However, in a democracy, you run the very serious risk of people asking for laws that would force you to distribute wealth. This is the outline strategy on how the rich prevent that from happening:

To analysis this again using the African and Nigerian model, this is the reason many people turn politicians because they want to get in there to be able to have influence on policies that will better their businesses. Is a system of distrust basically or some times you can also see such traces in developed economy too.

Politics gives you political power, so having an economic power( that is wealth) , some still strive for political power to protect their businesses because that level is where the control of the economy is. Majorly, politics affects the economy because that is where policies are generated. For example in Nigeria, many business men and women run into politics to gain a kind of protection, at a time in Nigeria , a wealthy Nigerian (name with held) was vying for such aspiration but at the whole of it, he didn't succeed but died at the process which almost saw Nigeria into civil unrest.

Surely the rich get richer by making themselves relevant in power. Even after them, their families want to keep going that way but things are no longer that easy for them.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
March 30, 2021, 08:40:58 AM

(image from the internet)
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
March 30, 2021, 07:36:08 AM
Ok, this applies mostly to democracies but just follow me for a moment... I am going to think as I write Wink

This is very simple - TO KEEP WEALTH YOU JUST HAVE TO AVOID GIVING IT AWAY TO OTHERS

- To have rule a country you need: (a) A way of enforcing power (military, police, judiciary,...) (b) Some form of structure of government (c) Sufficient amount of votes
- In most democracies the military are aligned with democracy in general terms. You throw them some money, keep an eye on what the generals are doing and have someone of trust heading all that.
- In most democracies, and even in most countries I dare to say, you do have some structure of government with public workers, ministers, judges of short,... Sometimes this structure is better, sometimes is not really good, but it is there.

- You can count on the votes of the 10% that is rich just as you to vote for politicians that will keep it that way.
- You can easily create a "choir" or "court of sycophants" that will play your game. They will be cunning, smart, educated and you will make sure that you will pay them well. You can add another 10% of votes, if not more, on that. Their names are "KMPG", "Bearing Point", "Morgan Stanley", "Goldman Sach" and so many others that work day after day for you and do not want to end. Let´s make this a 15% of the quite well-to-do classes.

How do you get another 25% of convinced voters to ensure that the laws maintain your privileges:

- Hate: You will get another 5% that are simply to angry to vote to "that party who is this and that"... you know, they vote with their guts not with their brains.
- Hopelessness: Discourage poor people from voting. Ensure they think their vote is meaningless or make it meaningless by Gerrymandering or similar, put a difficult process for registering,...
- Mislead: Ensure that they are not educated in alternative ways of thinking:  bitcoin is risky, the communists are taking over, this is the best country in the world, you have to trust the government,...
- Fear: Create an external and internal enemy (e.g. China) and place yourself as only alternative.
- Mislead: Ensure you have a public image of ingenuity and hard work, even if you basically spend your days smoking weed and tweeting.
- Hopelessness: The system cannot be changed. If you do something different it won´t work.
- Fear and disinformation: If you cannot oppose and argument, attack the messenger (AKA ad-hominem).
- Mislead: Be cute, nice, speak well, ... people tend to think positively of shit if shit is presented as food.
- Mislead: Poor are poor out of their choice, or because life is just like that, or because they have made bad choices or... you choose.
- Make sure to include a good number of public media in your "tournee". You will need them for all of the above.

All this costs money, but it is money well spent is it not?

Pages:
Jump to: