Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Add / Edit Bitcointalk Signature? - page 2. (Read 27358 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I like cool projects.
UPDATE: Newbie members can no longer add a signature because of the new decision taken within the Forum. The required explanation has been added to the bottom of the header.

Hello friends,

I'm with another helpful topic. In this article I will briefly and plainly explain how you can change your signature or edit your signature. I feel like I hear people who do not know it yet try to do it for nothing, but I still want to give information for new friends. At least I think it would be useful for those who use the search button in the forum without hesitation and want to get information. Anyway, let's make a statement without going too far. Smiley

Step 1: Click on the '' Profile '' tab.

Step 2: On the left side we enter the '' Forum Profile Information '' section via the menu that appears.

Step 3: We move the page down a bit and find the '' Signature '' box. Inside this box we add the signature code you want to attach your signature to.

Step 4: We are at the bottom of the page and click on the '' Change Profile '' button.

When these steps are completed, your signature will change immediately. Signature exchange is that simple and easy!  Roll Eyes

NOTE: The whole process is quite easy and I did not add picture description because it is done with one click.

Have a nice day!

@xxx, @ xxx:

Both of you have a Newbie rank, and since the 17/09/2018, are not allowed to have a signature nor personal text until you rank-up to Jr. Member rank (requires >= 30 Activity and >= 1 Merit). Read the following post to see the complete implications and reasons behind this measure taken by the forum to lower the degree of spam: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements.

As the above referenced posts states, you can bypass most of these requirements by acquiring a copper membership. Nevertheless, if you set your minds to it, earning 1 merit is not really that tough, although it will require some time and effort into the posts one makes.

So I can't change or delete my signature now since I created it in 2017??
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<...>
That is probably the original intent, but there are campaigns that allow signatures from Newbie Copper Members and therefore the Copper Membership is also used for this purpose. It took me 2 minutes to spot 5 cases (going over the Bounty threads): daniel002, Oppo57,charlop24,Acrossline,ttcsalam. I'm sure they are not a lucky strike of my random search on the Bounty section.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 832
<…>
Either you reach an Activity count of at least 30 and earn at least 1 Merit as @TryNinja indicated, or you acquire a Copper Membership (see also Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images – it explains the signature feature).

Nevertheless, getting to add a signature through a Copper Membership does not guarantee that you will be able to get into a given campaign (I assume that is your intention). Campaign Managers may or may not accept Newbie Copper Members as per their own discretion.

I think that Copper Memberships are not normally purchased by the Person who want to enter in a signature campaigns. It does not give you any edge.

Basically, it is for those accounts/Person who want to advertise their service on this forum and since they have a newbie status, They buy copper membership to post the images.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
Before I just do not know how to add and edit signature to my profile but now, I constantly change it over time when projects or ICO ends.

But, I am.now comfortable with my new signature. It is better to earn BTC than accepting reward tokens. This is why I more like to join BTC signature campaign.

Other than that, learning is still the priority. Earning is just only a bonus here. I have been visiting other sections already and I find some sections good and others were not in my interest especially in mining section.
legendary
January 23, 2019, 03:39:37 AM
<…>
Either you reach an Activity count of at least 30 and earn at least 1 Merit as @TryNinja indicated, or you acquire a Copper Membership (see also Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images – it explains the signature feature).

Nevertheless, getting to add a signature through a Copper Membership does not guarantee that you will be able to get into a given campaign (I assume that is your intention). Campaign Managers may or may not accept Newbie Copper Members as per their own discretion.
Activity: 360
Merit: 10
August 20, 2018, 08:56:06 AM
Very helpful topic, Nice info for Newbie. And i newbie want to learn about this forum. Thanks for your topic. Great
Activity: 518
Merit: 21
January 10, 2019, 05:12:02 AM
Users who are new to the Bitcointalk address can learn basic information via this topic! You can learn every detail and have the necessary experience with this topic, which gives you fine details about ''How to Add / Edit Bitcointalk Signature?''.
This is useful to the newbie OP but since the newbie  update is already implemented then it will not be applicable to newbie except for the copper member. So, this post now will be helpful to the jr. member rank upwards. As we all know that because of cryptocurrency hype there were many accounts created lately and for sure OP this will come to handy one day.

copper member
Activity: 1106
Merit: 3
November 28, 2018, 03:15:25 AM
As per the latest update from this thread, newbies can not add signature and personal texts.
I think this is good for forum.
I will wait till i will become jr member at least  Smiley
Activity: 1610
Merit: 604
November 25, 2018, 06:32:39 AM
@OP
Can you please update the post stating that newbies can't add signature anymore? Most of the demoted people will look for your threads. If you mention it, I think they will be able to understand the new rules.

Of course, I immediately share the necessary update. If we have to look at the messages in the subject, we can see that many friends are not aware of this situation.
legendary
November 18, 2018, 01:43:25 PM
@MenuaArciv, @ bitcreatenow:

Both of you have a Newbie rank, and since the 17/09/2018, are not allowed to have a signature nor personal text until you rank-up to Jr. Member rank (requires >= 30 Activity and >= 1 Merit). Read the following post to see the complete implications and reasons behind this measure taken by the forum to lower the degree of spam: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements.

As the above referenced posts states, you can bypass most of these requirements by acquiring a copper membership. Nevertheless, if you set your minds to it, earning 1 merit is not really that tough, although it will require some time and effort into the posts one makes.
Activity: 72
August 19, 2018, 11:56:05 PM
This was really helpful, as a newbie, it was very easy for me, just by following the steps and yeah, I wore one... Thanks again poster.
Activity: 14
November 18, 2018, 12:05:32 PM
Hello,

Quite new in posting here and got my head foggy. My question is I could not paste anything on the signature box.
Could someone help me on this please. Smiley Smiley

Thank you Grin.
Activity: 3
November 13, 2018, 12:34:19 AM
I don't see this signature input box when I go to "Forum Profile Information." What am I missing?
Activity: 70
August 04, 2018, 04:29:51 AM
Thank you for more information.and maybe you can instruct how to add the "Personal Messages/Text" and avatar.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1908
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
September 21, 2018, 04:33:39 PM
@OP
Can you please update the post stating that newbies can't add signature anymore? Most of the demoted people will look for your threads. If you mention it, I think they will be able to understand the new rules.

But i heard right now Newbie can't wear Signature anymore  Cry
So, you heard  Grin Couldn't find it anywhere to read?
Activity: 342
Merit: 5
September 21, 2018, 12:32:42 PM
All of which should be in this post.  Explain why the box is missing,  what is a merit point,  what the ranks mean and how they are attained,  how do you get merit points, etc etc.  Post should be updated.  Being able to change a signature IS NOT easy even though this post makes it sound like it is,  when in fact, it is NOT.  Of course it also should be stated that if things like this have to be covered in a post,  then it's a sign that the forum owner isnt doing their job as a developer.  None of this should be hidden and should actually be shown to the user in the UI so that their UX is enjoyable.  For example, what retard removes a Text box with no explanation as to WHY its missing.  The developer needs to place a msg there that says "To unlock the XYZ,  you have to do ABC,  and here is how to do ABC".  Whoever is developing the thing,  clearly has no idea what UI/UX is.  This isnt something that should have to be "suggested" in order for them to change it.  This is just a common sense thing that shouldnt even need to be stated/suggested in the first place as are most UI/UX issues.

IMO the merit system is flawed.  All it does is promote people to agree with those that have merit.  No one with merit is going to give another person that disagrees with them any merit points,  humans just do not work that way and anyone who thinks it does is living in a fucking fantasy world.  Thus,  those ideas are never rewarded which means only those that agree with the forum owner or those that started with unlimited merit will ever actually get any merit.  Just because a post is a disagreement is not reason enough to not earn merit points.  This post for example,  would never get merit because it disagrees with every core value of the owner of the site and it shames them for doing things that make no sense at all (such as a terrible UI/UX).  Which are all very valid things that people need to see in order to improve themselves.  These types of posts do not get merit points.  Ever.  This is why the merit system is just a fanboy club imo and completely useless.
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 03:03:48 PM
At one time I had a signature box.  But since July it seems to have just disappeared and the signature I had is now gone.  What has changed to make it do this.  It would be rather useful to post why the signature box is NOT on the page described here in this thread since it will not exist for ALL users.

I cant find it either  Huh Need to edit my signature and thats not looking possible atm.
Now you can't find this signature box because new rules have published few days ago

Rules is very simple if you have one merit point your rank is Jr member but you have 200+ activity and 0 merit point you rank is newbie

So at first you get 1 merit point then you see signature box
Activity: 122
September 20, 2018, 08:34:46 AM
At one time I had a signature box.  But since July it seems to have just disappeared and the signature I had is now gone.  What has changed to make it do this.  It would be rather useful to post why the signature box is NOT on the page described here in this thread since it will not exist for ALL users.

I cant find it either  Huh Need to edit my signature and thats not looking possible atm.
Activity: 342
Merit: 5
September 17, 2018, 06:48:41 PM
Pages:
Jump to: