Pages:
Author

Topic: How to avoid Dump after listing - page 25. (Read 53626 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 10
January 19, 2019, 05:58:28 AM
I don't think it can be avoided. Locking investors tokens for certain period and unlock gradually may be a good option to reduced the dump, but it also feel unfair, because investors have their right to do upon their assets, even if they suffer loss. This could be happened when they see the project they invest earlier become unconvincing anymore and decided to sell as soon as the token hit exchange.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
January 19, 2019, 05:50:48 AM
At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.
How do you think about it?
You were thinking too simple. You should know what our money has been turned into. Some scam projects have promised a lot and they have achieved hardcap of 40 million dollars. then they were listed at Coinbene but the estimated value was only $ 400k. They have used our money to spend on individuals and only use 10% to develop the project and then they will give it up. For more details, you can search for Bitnautic ICO.
copper member
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
January 19, 2019, 05:46:28 AM
At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.

It depends on the team doing the project and how they managed. Most of the time dumping is always happen but other project is being practical they burned existing tokens so the smaller the token the higher the price. In other way, it relay on what bitcoin prices in short the alts depend on bitcoin.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
January 19, 2019, 05:16:22 AM
It cannot be avoided especially in a bear market like this. The demand is always less in these type of markets. Anyway it can slightly be reduced of the investors tokens are locked for certain period of time with gradual unlocking. For example: 25% every month. I know this isn't a perfect solution but somehow it will avoid instant dump on exchanges.
Activity: 1078
January 19, 2019, 02:56:04 AM
The main reason why the tokens price dump on exchanges is the bad cryptocurrency conditions, there is no real consumer demand. In my opinion, there are two ways to avoid dump: tokens lockup or ICO postponent.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
January 19, 2019, 02:53:50 AM
Good day. We can't avoid coin dumping once they reach exchanges. I think the only way to prevent that is continuous developments and updates from the developers themselves. A coin with real usage will continue to grow and will have higher value in the future. By then holders will think twice before dumping their tokens.
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
January 19, 2019, 02:53:34 AM

I think this is a shared problem for investors, bounty hunters and ico developers. everything is interconnected.

this is difficult when the market situation is very volatile and the impact on the dump is unavoidable
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
January 19, 2019, 02:45:01 AM
I believe that project teams do not have to rush to listing their tokens on the stock exchange, because without a working project and without a finished product, hardly anyone would want to buy tokens of a young project, especially seeing their cost quickly drop after entering the stock exchange. In order for tokens to have a price, the project and its team must show their work, so that the investor will be convinced of the value of the token as a long-term investment.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
January 19, 2019, 01:55:57 AM
You can't control dumpers ,they will always dump and if the project has something tangible to offer it will rise up on its feet again ,only bad projects meets there ends after dumps
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
January 19, 2019, 12:10:00 AM
Because a lot of early investors and bounty hunters sell their token/coin at the early stage because they know price will drop. That's why the dump happens. Sometimes, there may have some buyers if the project is too good but sometimes there will not and the price will go down.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
January 18, 2019, 11:47:07 PM
If a lost of people who bought coins on ICO start selling after listing on exchanges and there are not so much buyers then the price will dump, even if there are buyers they wait and keeps the buy orders low and if their are orders are filled they will sell the coin for higher after some time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
January 18, 2019, 11:36:23 PM
Avoiding dump after listing is really need to be held especially for the developer. The developer must taking care of the project to maintain it.
Activity: 434
GIGZI
January 18, 2019, 11:32:28 PM
Yeah I think you are right, also another way they could prevent dump is to lock up some of the tokens if its more for instance that for bounty reward or better still introduce the buy back strategy to help save the coin from been affected by the dump.
and what is often wrong in the understanding of people is the bounty hunter as the cause of the dump, even though this is a big mistake. because the allocation used for bounty is not much at least 2-5%, so it is very unlikely if the percentage is the cause of the dump after listing on market
Activity: 420
January 18, 2019, 11:25:33 PM
I think there is a trick to at least reduce the potential of dumping coins after listing.
That is limiting the amount of coins that can be sold  each time the token holder wish to sell them.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
SIGMA
January 18, 2019, 10:38:55 PM
most projects will lock the  their tokens and also many of them to choose not listings in the exchange when this condition is bearish, but in my opinion a good way is to enter one of the exchanges that has real volume like liquid and binance is one the way to avoid  dump.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 335
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 18, 2019, 10:19:28 PM
It will be very difficult if seen from the condition of the market right now. The guidance of the price on ICO tokens or coins will be Ethereum and Bitcoin. How can we avoid the decrease of the price if the main payment method also have the small rate of the price. The market is also very down and the listing may also influence for the new coins from ICO.
but if token holder commitment to hold and will not sell their token in cheap price i think it will not depend anymore to bitcoin or ethereum price.most important factor was from holder their self.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
January 18, 2019, 10:09:05 PM

I think every people wants to make a profit by selling the token at the high price in the first day so they can take their money back plus some profit. And we can follow them too to sell the token first, and then we wait for a while until the price reaches the bottom price so we can get more amount of the token with not too big of money.

It's a challenge for the team to maintain the price so it's not got dump too deep and they can trying to survive after the token get listed. It's not easy because they need to compete with the other project which has similarity with their project and I don't think with the releasing a product like Dapps will guarantee the price of the token will not get a dump, but it's worth to try.
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
January 18, 2019, 07:19:46 PM
It will be very difficult if seen from the condition of the market right now. The guidance of the price on ICO tokens or coins will be Ethereum and Bitcoin. How can we avoid the decrease of the price if the main payment method also have the small rate of the price. The market is also very down and the listing may also influence for the new coins from ICO.
Activity: 434
https://eloncity.io/
January 18, 2019, 07:06:39 PM
maybe because everyone wants to sell their tokens so there are so many orders in the market and there are still a few who want to buy them.

Sure. Why do you think supply is much more than demand? I think it happens because most of these projects are useless and the only reason why people took part in these ICOs is greed. There are some project that really useful and they are still profitable even in bear market. For example, QuarkChain! It was never traded under ICO prices! I'm sure this project will show best results in bull market, just HODL it!
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
January 18, 2019, 06:55:23 PM
I think there is no way to avoid dump after listing, I already join in bounty program since 2017, and i see only one reason why token dump after lisitng is because market. If market low will dump. Even the project so great, team so professional, it has no effect. So that's why many project now dump because now is hard moment for cryptocurrensy, Market so low.
Pages:
Jump to: