Pages:
Author

Topic: How to choose a good project to invest. - page 5. (Read 755 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
November 07, 2019, 07:32:10 PM
All the points you have mentioned can be faked easily. We have seen projects that were public ending up scamming. We have seen projects that were showing "fake" progress.

Fake and manipulation will be always there. Everything can be manipulated or faked easily, for example: "softcap" or "hardcap". That's why it is very important to know the track record, reputation, or background of every team member of the project. If they seem can be trust-able, then it is okay to consider joining. But you are better to not join if you get some of these problems: they have bad reputations, their identities are not clearly described, or there is a fake photo of the team members.
Activity: 632
Merit: 60
November 07, 2019, 07:21:14 PM
Although I would not recommend you to invest in new projects, but you have indicated the right points. But if you still want to invest, it is better to study everything very carefully and if you don't like something in the project, you do not need to take risks.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 256
November 07, 2019, 06:49:05 PM
You make a lot of good points. But I think there are some people who ignore it all. The success of a project is seen from the price that rises when entering the exchange so that it gives benefits for those who buy it at ICO. This happens because there have been many disappointments of investors in projects that have already been done. And I think that's a natural thing because everyone doesn't want their money to just disappear.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 07, 2019, 06:27:02 PM
All the points you have mentioned can be faked easily. We have seen projects that were public ending up scamming. We have seen projects that were showing "fake" progress. There were even projects out there that built users trust and end up scamming them. Just knowing the idea of the project won't help. People can come out with bullshit projects which are impossible to achieve, but then there are people who gets impressed listening to those ideas and invests on the project. But in the long run, it seems that they fail to deliver what they promised, thus investors losing money.
Even projects that are a year old can scam without any prior alert.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
November 07, 2019, 05:46:13 PM
How to choose a good investment project
I understand that many of us do not suggest investing in ICO but I have to say not every ICO scam, invest in IEO no matter  the  exchange is, it is better than investing in ICO.
However, these steps help to judge the project.
1.   The team behind the project, it is extremely important to see who guides the project, experiments, are they able to implement the road map.
2.   The idea of the project, what the project solve, is the project can change something or introduce something new.
3.   What has been done and are there any steps the team is taking to prove credibility.
4.   Is the project is ICO or IEO, IEO will be better.
5.   How many exchanges the project listing.
6.   The type of the exchanges(however this is not issues as some project cannot go with top exchanges, top exchanges required a lot money).
7-     check (twitter, facebook, telegram, website metrics).
8-     It will be good if the project has ann on bitcointalk forum.
9-     Pay attention to what the team promised, it should not be far from reality or promises to enrich or quick profit (such as 200% profit).
10-   Look for old project in the market at least 3 month old.

For every failed project, many investors lose hope in the industry. Maybe, the key to success in this industry is to have realistic expectations and be critical on examining projects to invest. You cannot just masquerade in the market, choosing projects by your greed, and expect everyone to comfort you because you got "scammed". Having the initiative to protect your interest by not being fooled by unrealistic promises of projects is the beginning of success.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
November 07, 2019, 05:24:44 PM
I understand that many of us do not suggest investing in ICO but I have to say not every ICO scam, invest in IEO no matter  the  exchange is, it is better than investing in ICO.
1.   The team behind the project, it is extremely important to see who guides the project, experiments, are they able to implement the road map.
2.   The idea of the project, what the project solve, is the project can change something or introduce something new.
3.   What has been done and are there any steps the team is taking to prove credibility.
6.   The type of the exchanges(however this is not issues as some project cannot go with top exchanges, top exchanges required a lot money).
9-     Pay attention to what the team promised, it should not be far from reality or promises to enrich or quick profit (such as 200% profit).

explanation that is very important for us to know about how to choose a good project so that we are not trapped in the Scam project. and I want to add 1 point that we must choose a bounty manager who is experienced in managing bounty projects. because managers who have good experience will also receive offers from the best projects. because the best manager will always maintain his reputation.
Bounty campaigns never have a strict effect on the project, unless project is based on the customer satisfaction or kind of that. Bounty managers are only responsible for managing effectively the campaign in order to maintain the marketing moves.The best projects have a token lock period from my experience, but the effect of the marketing strategy depends on the general investment conditions.
Token lock period is useless IMO. It just affects bounty hunters negatively in most cases because ivestors are being allowef to move their tokens first thus if they dump the market then those whose token were locked have nothing to do but to accept the fact that their token's value is only like that. Anyway, we all have different perspective and there is no certain right or wrong.
Activity: 155
Merit: 1
November 07, 2019, 04:59:40 PM
I understand that many of us do not suggest investing in ICO but I have to say not every ICO scam, invest in IEO no matter  the  exchange is, it is better than investing in ICO.

This is quite insightful, kudos to the author. I feel investors are just to caught up with failed project to realise or actually see that not all project fails or not all project scams. If chances can be given to new start-ups, then i believe we can see changes in the way things are currently. I know it is not actually easy to part with funds (that was meant to bring in new funds) to failed projects but we should remember that the good project out there started from somewhere.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 513
November 07, 2019, 04:50:42 PM
Yea probably a good idea to avoid projects that have a poorly managed bounty campaign, or if bounty hunters are allocated too huge a budget with no lockup period.

Dumpers gonna dump. Bounties are good for marketing and getting the coins into people's hands, but they need to be done right.
Activity: 368
Merit: 2
November 07, 2019, 03:28:15 PM
It is always very important to do a little bit of background check before putting your hard earned money in any project. There are many projects out there that promises great returns to investors but they don't usually end up fulfilling their promise. Sometimes experience is very key, try and consult your close associates who have invested  who are more experienced in this field.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
November 07, 2019, 02:47:10 PM
A successful token doesn't even need a lot of shit exchanges to say it's legit.
6.The type of the exchanges(however this is not issues as some project cannot go with top exchanges, top exchanges required a lot money).
If you are not able to list on a reliable exchanger your token / coin is definitely difficult to build trust today especially as investors now trust reputable exchanges.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
November 07, 2019, 02:29:17 PM

What makes an Investor flawed is skipping the part where they get to know who manages and who are the people behind a project, they only focuses with how much profit the project could offer to them, totally compromising the safety and the credibility a project must have before being qualified as a project worth investing.Investors and al the crypto enthusiasts should know how essential it is to do a background check, not only for the safety of their investments and assets but also for the sake of building the world here in crypto space where we are all a contibutor.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
November 07, 2019, 01:49:09 PM
I was looking at your point 10. If the project is already 3 months old in the market then you're kinda' missing the early bird opportunity don't you? A really great "blue-chip" project will get its funding very fast if they're legitimate and know what they're doing. Most often than not the majority of the funds for this kind of projects are done through private investments from venture capitals and not from retail bitcointalk investors.

Even if your rules are good for a beginner I think the era of ICO is over for the retail investors.
Activity: 412
Merit: 13
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
November 07, 2019, 01:45:36 PM

explanation that is very important for us to know about how to choose a good project so that we are not trapped in the Scam project. and I want to add 1 point that we must choose a bounty manager who is experienced in managing bounty projects. because managers who have good experience will also receive offers from the best projects. because the best manager will always maintain his reputation.
Activity: 344
Merit: 1
November 07, 2019, 01:29:35 PM
Our post is insightful and educating. You are absolutely right. I always say this that not every IEO or ICO is scam no matter the exchange. I ensure to do my proper home works well before I invest on any project.
Activity: 107
Merit: 26
November 07, 2019, 01:16:40 PM
Even this not all you can do, and you may need more research but i see it is very good to start.
Note that invest in ICOs or IEOs is risky.
Good luck
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
October 28, 2019, 12:20:33 PM
I have already read all kinds of tips about investing on ICO or IEO. But at the same time, I have also read all kinds of complaints about having scammed or victimized by ICO or IEO in so many ways.
On the money, brother. 

If you want solid advice regarding ico's or even ieo's, just stay away from them.  You're either going to be scammed or you're going to be holding a bag of worthless tokens from a worthless project, which the vast majority of them are.  The devs plagiarize whitepapers, hide their identities, and try to spark interest in their project by creating an ANN thread that sounds wonderful.  Then they advertise it using bounty hunters who would do anything for a few cents worth of tokens...and those people are lucky if they even get the tokens.

Once the project tanks, they start another one and repeat the same cycle.  I have seen it any number of times in the past 2 years.  These scammers only want to enrich themselves and no one else, and you better believe that's true.  Just stay away.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
October 28, 2019, 12:14:15 PM
Many projects releasing now but i think you can choose it by searching if this projects are okay to invest your money.
By choosing now be smart so that you can choose a good project.
Nowadays everyone think smart only so no one is participate the worst projects. But we can participate any trusted projects and never think about the money because we have low also but anyone can earn more in crypto platform. This year many promising projects are available in the market so we can invest many reliable projects on this moment but we can read the OP post and pick the desired projects.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
October 28, 2019, 10:36:15 AM
with dedication as developer works on decision to gives on expends as complying on customs as referring uses on casuals on exchange with different unit on focus with initial of terms as preparing details of limit on release as providing plan on projects with the business on field of modulation.

Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
October 28, 2019, 10:30:00 AM
Each of the investors have their own criteria on choosing the right project for them to invest. Some do consider the popularity of the project, some are into the exchanges planned by the project, some are interested on the long term plans, and the likes. These basis are all correct but one thing that an investor should be warned off is scam projects. Some projects may appear to be unrealistically profitable which may decieve the investors. Investors should be mindful of this concern more because some people are disregarding such possibility because they are only looking on the "profit" that they would get from projects
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
October 28, 2019, 10:25:58 AM
People think a good team makes a coin go up, they are wrong. People think a good technology makes a coin go up, they are wrong. People think good blockchain makes a coin go up, they are wrong. People think big funding would make a coin go up, they are wrong. You can name whatever you think makes a coin go up and it is all wrong.

Do you want to know what makes a coin go up? The buyers. If there are tons of buyers who are willing to pay market prices to buy a coin then the price will go up. Why would people become buyers and buy from the market price and attribute to that coin going up? There must be some hype about that coin, there must be some demand. How would you make a demand for a coin? By having a lot of people in your community, if you convince a lot of people that means the price would go up and that means you need to have a huge community.
Pages:
Jump to: