Pages:
Author

Topic: How to clone Bitcoin to create your own crypto currency / crypto shares system - page 2. (Read 48027 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 101
Do you have a link to a windows 7 64-bit version?
just use the normal 32bit version from here: https://dot-bit.org/Main_Page

Phelix,
How can I receive the shares?
you need to start a namecoind instance to create a wallet. then you can issue yourself or I can send them to you. If you never used bitcoind I am not sure this is the right thing for you, though...  let's just say I warned you Smiley

I tried starting namecoind but I got a couple of error messages.

Now it just starts the command window, some text blinks by and then closes again.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
just use the normal 32bit version from here: https://dot-bit.org/Main_Page

Phelix,
you need to start a namecoind instance to create a wallet. then you can issue yourself or I can send them to you. If you never used bitcoind I am not sure this is the right thing for you, though...  let's just say I warned you Smiley
Phelix,

Nice. I guess I need the namecoin client now. I will try to come up with a suitable name for the shares : )
legendary
needs testing but basic functions are there: Namecoin Stock Control v0.1beta

https://github.com/phelixbtc/ncsc

I issued a hundred test stocks. Let me know if you would like a couple.
legendary
Couldn't find your PGP key, -MarkM-, could you post it here?

Anyways, I will try to keep the conversation as public as possible, makes it easier for everyone who wants to get involved to stay updated.

If you and Phelix could perhaps take care of issuing shares, I could try to focus on starting up new projects and getting people involved (investors and developers).

Issuing shares is ready. So just let me know what name you like and I will register a thousand shares. Handling of shares is still in my head only, though.  Roll Eyes
Couldn't find your PGP key, -MarkM-, could you post it here?

Anyways, I will try to keep the conversation as public as possible, makes it easier for everyone who wants to get involved to stay updated.

If you and Phelix could perhaps take care of issuing shares, I could try to focus on starting up new projects and getting people involved (investors and developers).
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I do, I am gribble/freenode nick "knotwork" on gribble's WOT.

I also have Torchat, PM me your Torchat ID if you want to hook up in that.

I also am on RetroShare, which (unlike Torchat I think) uses GPG/PGP keys like gribble does.

-MarkM-
I think namecoins could be a temporary solution but it's not the ultimate solution.

Maybe we should give it a try.

-MarkM-, phelix, do you guys have public PGP keys?
legendary
If we ignore the suggestion of only issuing a thousand shares, I think we maybe already have a quality solution in the form of the namecoin blockchain and protocol.

It can already do what is needed, from the command line, manually.

Those who prefer a fancier user-interface are of course encouraged to make such interfaces, as fancy as they wish.

The important part, that is, the actual ability to register things and to send coins to addresses that own those things, is already done and has been for what, well over a year? Nearly two years? Maybe even more than two years?

-MarkM-
Still need a solution to this.

The world is waiting for a high quality bitshares solution.

The one who cracks this nut will win eternal glory.
legendary
If you like I can issue a thousand namecoin shares for you.

Sounds nice. Could you please explain some things to me?

-Is it possible to tell one namecoin from another, i. e. can I give the namecoins a specific name which separates them from other namecoins?
-Are namecoins dividable?

Actually it is not namecoins I am talking about but "names". Namecoin is not only about coins but also about a key (=name)  /  value  storing system.

You can register names that look like namecoinstock/sron_021   or namecoinstock/sron_354
The owner can set the values attached to these names to whatever he likes.
Names can be transferred to a namecoin address.

They are not dividable and I would not recommend to register more than a thousand to prevent polluting the system.

Nice.

Is it one name per namecoin or can you have many names for the same namecoin?
Can you have many values for the same name?
Names are not linked to coins in obvious ways. To register a name costs something like 0.05nmc. it needs to be updated every 3/4 of a year or so - otherwise it will expire.

with each name you can store 512byte (maybe more in the future).

Please note namecoin does not have a lot of active developers.

When I find the time (hopefully tomorrow or next weekend) will release a script to make issuing and handling stocks with namecoin easier.

-Is it possible to tell one namecoin from another, i. e. can I give the namecoins a specific name which separates them from other namecoins?

Actually it is not namecoins I am talking about but "names". Namecoin is not only about coins but also about a key (=name)  /  value  storing system.

You can register names that look like namecoinstock/sron_021   or namecoinstock/sron_354

They are not dividable and I would not recommend to register more than a thousand to prevent polluting the system.

Nice.

Is it one name per namecoin or can you have many names for the same namecoin?
Can you have many values for the same name?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
I like the colored coins idea (and the name) but pretty much the only advantage vs namecoin that I see is divisibility.

Namecoin has other advantages:
* it is available and running right now
* it can be used for many other things like: wot, newscast, aliases, ...

With a wot established it could be used for a truly decentralized but automatic exchange. You could just offer your shares by setting the value field to something like: "ask:42.0nmc". A buyer can then send the money to the name and will receive the name in return. of course you have to trust the person holding the name.

I have proposed an auxiliary transaction feature (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ppcoin-aux-transactions-proposal-113615) with ppcoin to natively facilitate distributed storage of key-value. Auxiliary transactions/blocks are deleted after expiration thus addressing the block chain bloat issue with a namecoin/bitcoin solution.

I plan to start implementing this feature in a couple of months but I would love to hear comments as to what app writers would need (such as your proposed exchange). If I got time I might consider doing a simple web-of-trust app prototype to test out the auxiliary transaction feature as well.
i would exploit this to save my backups in it lol
legendary
legendary
You should get an Open Transactions client installed and working, you will understand it much better once you actually run it.

-MarkM-
Okay so decide then, how many units?

They can all be issued to you in the first block.

How much are you going to pay miners to mine it?

It is because mining it (SECURING IT) is so expensive that UKB, CDN, GMC, GRF, UNS, NKL etc moved away from using blockchains, it is insanely expensive to secure a blockchain.

They moved to Open Transactions, maybe you should consider issuing under Open Transactions too?

Or, wait for coloured coins systems to mature and issue coloured coins.

-MarkM-

1 million units. They would be dividable like BTC, right?

Haven't heard much about UKB, CDN, GMC, GRF, UNS, NKL. Do you have links to one or some of those projects? Are they crypto currencies too?

If I would want to issue under OT, how exactly would I do that?

I have a bad hunch about coloured coins, which is why I don't want to go in that direction. Feels wrong to colour the coins and sometimes I feel like the whole BTC software system is too clunky too and might be replaced by lighter solutions eventually.
Pages:
Jump to: