Pages:
Author

Topic: How to create an exchange like crypsy or bittrex? - page 2. (Read 1789 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
If you buy the software, please note that whether is the original author leaving a backdoor?
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
I talked to these guys at the Chicago conference: http://www.modulusglobal.com/

They mention a ~$20K package would do the trick. What's everybody else's assessment?
fa
Activity: 140
It's too much work or price for normal btc users. You may want to hire a team to do the job.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Activity: 196
The cheddar breed jealousy
You have two choices:
1) Become a world-class programmer
2) Pay Alphapoint $200k and 40% of your profits

Good luck!

+1 for that.
I'm thinking option 2 is viable for you OP.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
You have two choices:
1) Become a world-class programmer
2) Pay Alphapoint $200k and 40% of your profits

Good luck!
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
If you were thinking of buying some software and installing the website, wallets, databases and transaction engines all on the same server, think again.

I can tell you that just the cost for DDOS and IDS/IDS protection for a financial web application start at upwards of $2,000 a month for one site. You need at least 2 sites that are geographically separated for disaster recovery. That doubles the cost to $4,000/month minimum just on protection. On top of that you still need to pay for the servers and software. 
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
if you dont have programming skills then having a web business involving holding currency should not be something you should choose. for thse reasons
1. you may lack the programming skills to audit the code to know if any backdoor exist
2. if there are bugs you may lack the skills to patch the holes
3. if you dont know how to program then your experience of running a internet server may also lack
4. you sound like someone with limited funding/experience. which is not good for running an exchange.

these days its best to have someone with proper financial experience, that doesnt want a cheap set-up purely to profit from as that is the neon signs of a mtgox scenario.

if you do manage to surprise everyone by being a well known person that has great experience in finance and programming and you are going to do it.. do not buy a piece of software off the shelf. you WILL need to employ someone to program AND maintain it. you will need atleast 3 servers to maintain a proper secure system and alot of bandwidth and guaranteed electric supply.

its not going to be a cheap $200 software package.. think $10k+

great answer, now exchange opening definitly fails in my head
Activity: 196
The cheddar breed jealousy
if you dont have programming skills then having a web business involving holding currency should not be something you should choose. for thse reasons
1. you may lack the programming skills to audit the code to know if any backdoor exist
3. if you dont know how to program then your experience of running a internet server may also lack
4. you sound like someone with limited funding/experience. which is not good for running an exchange.

these days its best to have someone with proper financial experience, that doesnt want a cheap set-up purely to profit from as that is the neon signs of a mtgox scenario.

if you do manage to surprise everyone by being a well known person that has great experience in finance and programming and you are going to do it.. do not buy a piece of software off the shelf. you WILL need to employ someone to program AND maintain it. you will need atleast 3 servers to maintain a proper secure system and alot of bandwidth and guaranteed electric supply.

This.
An actual exchange that functions properly is going to be pricey...we're talking $10k off rip to just get started.

If you do not know how to program, add an additional $10,000 large.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

Activity: 740
Merit: 501
Creating an exchange would set you back 10k in the least
is there any software that can be bought,whats name?

I don't know of any software I could name off the top of my head but if you have the skills or funds to pay for it I think custom software would be the best route to go. Well built proprietary software would be less vulnerable to hacks etc.
tnx that means i have to pay for that,eitherway,better then getting hacked
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I don't know of any software I could name off the top of my head but if you have the skills or funds to pay for it I think custom software would be the best route to go. Well built proprietary software would be less vulnerable to hacks etc.
Pages:
Jump to: