Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 114. (Read 118019 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
The easiest way is to download videos that are associated with bitcoin then we share to social media teenagers or children, I'm sure with the video then bitcoin is easier to understand.

I think these videos are rather boring than interesting for teenagers unless they're animated or funny.. Teens are watching fun videos, not educational ones most of the time. For example, BuzzFeed always does great videos because they are interesting, educational, fun and animated. This raises up the curiosity for teenagers.

Kids loves playing games and there are many bitcoins related games available nowadays so in that case they will also have fun of playing and at the same time they can also earn some money so I think this can be the best way to motivate or educate kids about the bitcoins.

Great idea but spending too much time in the front of a computer (like we do) lessen the kids/teenagers physical activity.
it would be best to not teach or explain to them what bitcoin is or how does it work but let them know that there is a bitcoin
and let them grow with an environment involving bitcoin.
Instead of teaching them why not just let them be aware of bitcoin, letting them grow with the environment where the kid/children constantly see/hear/experience/use bitcoin it will be normal for the child about the existence of bitcoin it will be
easier for them to learn bitcoin as they grow up as they are already familiar with the currency and how to use it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The easiest way is to download videos that are associated with bitcoin then we share to social media teenagers or children, I'm sure with the video then bitcoin is easier to understand.

I think these videos are rather boring than interesting for teenagers unless they're animated or funny.. Teens are watching fun videos, not educational ones most of the time. For example, BuzzFeed always does great videos because they are interesting, educational, fun and animated. This raises up the curiosity for teenagers.

Kids loves playing games and there are many bitcoins related games available nowadays so in that case they will also have fun of playing and at the same time they can also earn some money so I think this can be the best way to motivate or educate kids about the bitcoins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

Yes i agree to you, it is really hard to explain about bitcoin most especially if you explained it to teenagers or children. Likewise, when a friend of mine explained to me what bitcoin is, it was very difficult to understand, especially if your not a bitcoin lover. But in my opinion,i dont want to explain about bitcoin to teenagers or children since it involves money. I dont want for them that in the early stage of life, they already know how to earn money but all i want for them is to study hard, because if the time that they are already old enough well it is the time that i will share it to them
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Like this
I would start by showing them my bank's online account.
They need to see the incoming amount and the expenses recorded online.
They need to understand that money does not grow on trees or magically appear so they can buy the latest gadgets.
Teenagers are very internet savvy these days - you would be surprised when you realize how fast they can get the concepts.

Tell them a brief history of bitcoins.  The benefits.. the ease of use and the potential since it is a deregulated currency.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
I would explain it, that it is real money like Euro or the US Dollar,
but its only on the computer in the internet.

This mean that you can not touch the money, but you can pay with it like with normal money.
Yes it cannot be touched or seen because it is virtual currency.
And if you will introduce it that way to a kid I think they would get interested on it as much as we do, but, don't just let them know all the things, just tell them its basic function that it is used as payment bills online, to remit money.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
as time goes on, there is growth in all way round, both in technology and in the world of internet, therefore, as time goes on, the teenagers or children will get used to it on dailly bases.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
I will explain to them the kind of currency bitcoin is and the advantages it has because if they understand whats the nature of btc its not hard for them to understand in the future on how to earn bitcoin. I will teach them how to join and read the forum of bitcointalk website so that it can help them to learn most of the topics talked about.
Activity: 429
If the house has a farm on the production or the parents are engaged in trade via bitcoin, then by a few children will be interested in what their father and the information received from it will be deposited in their head. This will be the foundation of their future knowledge.
Activity: 105

This mean that you can not touch the money, but you can pay with it like with normal money.
These things can be understood only child has reached a certain age. Teenagers already use the Internet at all, and very well-versed in its intricacies. Therefore, you need to carefully choose the age for learning bitcoin.
Activity: 97
I do not think that working on bitcoin mining for children under the force. It is possible to say expensive. To trade or make a subscription company is still fine, but I do not want my children to have begun to get involved in gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
I think it is not easy, we all know that bitcoin is different with fiat money, paypal, liberty reserve etc. Of course it takes patience to be able to explain the bitcoin to teenagers or children. I suggest, watching videos is an easy thing to be understood rather than reading the article.
If you are teaching a person who are aware in the online world, they would understand easily. In general, learning bitcoin is very easy as it is very informative, all the necessary information that a person should know is just one click away. One can make a deep research to fully understand how bitcoin works and the more knowledge means more trust. For me, teenagers who are interested in the crypto are easier to teach.
Kids or teenagets are not much interested with money making because they know that their parents give or support them in financially but he can teach slowly the children on making money and learning how to make money by their own or like playing games in android that has a bitcoin price so many games now that you can earn bitcoins by enjoying but it is low price but they can appreciate how bitcoin works with that.
and i think they even do not need to use or learn about bitcoin. because the teenagers and the kids mostly concern with their education therefore they do not need to learn about bitcoin and make money form it. their parents are responsible for their education and fulfilling their other needs. so they need to given preference only to their education and not to any thing else.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

By giving them education about in Bitcoin, Just show the bitcoin features implementation which you don't need to explain what it is. Example, in your place there's a merchant over your country accepted bitcoin and through them you can pay your bills or do money transfer via bitcoin, if they will see this often of how your using it they will become familiar unto it that you used bitcoin for this. Just like that simple.
Activity: 312
Merit: 252
Children can not understand until they are interested. So, I think that information technology teacher cope with this better than others (because he everyday learns something new. Parents are often have no time for this). Therefore, firstly we need to massively educate teachers in this matter. The good teacher always will find a way to interest, using various tools that fit the required age category. Only then he can begin to explain bitcoin.
Activity: 420
I think it is not easy, we all know that bitcoin is different with fiat money, paypal, liberty reserve etc. Of course it takes patience to be able to explain the bitcoin to teenagers or children. I suggest, watching videos is an easy thing to be understood rather than reading the article.
If you are teaching a person who are aware in the online world, they would understand easily. In general, learning bitcoin is very easy as it is very informative, all the necessary information that a person should know is just one click away. One can make a deep research to fully understand how bitcoin works and the more knowledge means more trust. For me, teenagers who are interested in the crypto are easier to teach.
Kids or teenagets are not much interested with money making because they know that their parents give or support them in financially but he can teach slowly the children on making money and learning how to make money by their own or like playing games in android that has a bitcoin price so many games now that you can earn bitcoins by enjoying but it is low price but they can appreciate how bitcoin works with that.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
I think our biggest challenge is not to explain bitcoin to children and teenagers I’m sure they are going to understand it without too much trouble, the problem is how do we explain bitcoin to those that can take decision with their money like adults.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
i believe that if you want to explain it then you have to start by making it seem more fun or "cool" .. that's what apeals that group age
Jump to: