Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 135. (Read 118019 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I started learning about bitcoin when I was 18 and that was 3 years ago , I must admit I hated what I was hearing cause I didn't understand a lot of terms and in general my English isn't that good
but then I realized that using bitcoin is way easier than understanding it , so maybe you should teach the kids or the teenagers how to use bitcoin and if they like it they will start researching more and learning from the web
Yeah I think so too, when I was young it was really hard for me to listening to my friend explaining about those boring bitcoin theories and terms which was difficult to understand and it got trickier when I search about bitcoin on wikipedia. But after a time when I randomly clicked a website which is bitcointalk, I started to pay more attention to bitcoin and when I actually earn something from it with my poor knowledge of bitcoin back then, I was like a kid given a candy Grin. So I suggest that if anybody wants to explain bitcoin to kids or teenagers, just show them how they can get some money from bitcoin and it's up to them now.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
i would tell them that bitcoin is like money used on the internet but it is more safer and have more value than regular money
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
I think it's easier to teach them about bitcoin because these days young generations are good with technology. They could learn bitcoin within short time. Though it depends on person whether they interested or not. The important things we explain to them is what is bitcoin and what it could use for, if they are interested explain further.
We need to teach a child to earn. Work for children aged 10 to 17 years is very important to prepare them for adult life, to identify and develop their abilities, as well as a prerequisite for the acquisition of financial literacy and the ability to handle money.
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Children are our wealth and flowers of our lives, and if we blow up their brains, using bitcoin, even before they are ready to perceive all this, then future development will be put to an end. No need to alienate the child from the knowledge. It can be bad too early.
Activity: 490
I think it's easier to teach them about bitcoin because these days young generations are good with technology. They could learn bitcoin within short time. Though it depends on person whether they interested or not. The important things we explain to them is what is bitcoin and what it could use for, if they are interested explain further.
Activity: 185
they are intrested in games and money at this age so them them that bitcoin is a kind of money but better than other mode of payments and also it is very importamt to show them live demonstation
Children in my years have become more independent thanks to the Internet and that they can make money online. So if they can be interested in bitcoin, the progress in this direction is guaranteed.
Activity: 322
they are intrested in games and money at this age so them them that bitcoin is a kind of money but better than other mode of payments and also it is very importamt to show them live demonstation
Activity: 532
I started learning about bitcoin when I was 18 and that was 3 years ago , I must admit I hated what I was hearing cause I didn't understand a lot of terms and in general my English isn't that good
but then I realized that using bitcoin is way easier than understanding it , so maybe you should teach the kids or the teenagers how to use bitcoin and if they like it they will start researching more and learning from the web
if the teenagers want to learn about bitcoin to use it as currency then it is ok they should learn it but if they are going to learn about it for investment pur poses then it is not good i think they should pay attention to their study and should not divert their attention from study to any  other activity. 
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
Activity: 157
Just the other day I was having a discussion with my 12 year old about the amortization schedule for his new bike. He wrongly believed that it wasn't compounded and worked on simple annuity. He claimed it was customary to use the straight line method. I had to remind him that he signed a declining balance contract with a balloon payment.

Why in the fuck are you people trying to discuss Bitcoin with kids. The only thing my kids wanted to do from the age of 14 to about 20 is get high and fuck. If I tried to talk about something like Bitcoin with them this is what I would see.

I can imagine what the eyes of the children will look to their parents when they tell them God knows what. Why drive a child to mind something that he did not need to.

Yep, they're not going to get it or care anyway. I had two sons get girls pregnant in high school. One was arrested for possession of weed. The other one arrested for DUI while running away with his pregnant girlfriend. My daughter was never pregnant because her mother put her on birth control when she was 14. All three of them worked but were always broke because they had the money management skills of a chimpanzee (when you talk about money with them they would stare off in space and pick their ass).

Teaching a kid about Bitcoin that doesn't care is like trying to teach a dog not to lick his balls. They never will get it because they don't want to. And a kid that wants to know about Bitcoin will be able to teach you and probably hack your computer and steal your bitcoins.
I would try to teach children as their perception of what I want to convey to them. Everything of course depends on the age of the child. Of course, the older, the more difficulty it will be possible to learn.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Just the other day I was having a discussion with my 12 year old about the amortization schedule for his new bike. He wrongly believed that it wasn't compounded and worked on simple annuity. He claimed it was customary to use the straight line method. I had to remind him that he signed a declining balance contract with a balloon payment.

Why in the fuck are you people trying to discuss Bitcoin with kids. The only thing my kids wanted to do from the age of 14 to about 20 is get high and fuck. If I tried to talk about something like Bitcoin with them this is what I would see.

I can imagine what the eyes of the children will look to their parents when they tell them God knows what. Why drive a child to mind something that he did not need to.

Yep, they're not going to get it or care anyway. I had two sons get girls pregnant in high school. One was arrested for possession of weed. The other one arrested for DUI while running away with his pregnant girlfriend. My daughter was never pregnant because her mother put her on birth control when she was 14. All three of them worked but were always broke because they had the money management skills of a chimpanzee (when you talk about money with them they would stare off in space and pick their ass).

Teaching a kid about Bitcoin that doesn't care is like trying to teach a dog not to lick his balls. They never will get it because they don't want to. And a kid that wants to know about Bitcoin will be able to teach you and probably hack your computer and steal your bitcoins.
Activity: 169

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

Well I think teens or children doesn't really need to know that much about bitcoin, you can just tell them that bitcoin is a Cryptocurrency and that's it! if they would question you if what is cryptocurrency then I think explain to them how real money works and I think that would be your base for cryptocurrency, and when they turn older enough they I think that would be the time they can fully understand about it!

I would say we should even not tell them if something like bitcoin exists, because it is not really easy to understand the technology of bitcoin and it will just make them confused, better let them grow older and then they would themselves come to know about it or you should tell them about it later on.

Yup! that is what I'm trying to say, I think the debate about this topic is already finish and I think that teenagers or a child should not be teach any cryptocurrency involvement until they reach the exact age they can understand about it, but well teenagers now a days have been very easily learn this thing maybe I think It will always comes to the ability of a child if he can understand pretty well or not !
Maybe if the state program of teaching children to be in computer science include knowledge of cryptocurrency it would greatly simplify the task of understanding what children bitcoin. Perhaps this is the best way out than at home try to impose their ideas to the child.

We'll never see the governments support Bitcoin. At least not the ones in which there is censorship, dictatorship or control being wanted. For example the Switzerland and the Netherlands do allow Bitcoin to be used because they're countries in which you actually feel free for real. North Korea probably won't let their citizens use Bitcoin, for example.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
For me the first thing that I would tell them is they have to make a bitcoin wallet first so that their bitcoin would store their. Then  I would tell them next what is bitcoin, where to use it, what is it's purpose, how to use it, and so on. Then I would guide them in earning bitcoin, like on how to join in signature campaign in this forum and other earnings, even microearning in bitcoin faucets.
Activity: 233
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

It is an online money, that can transfer in anywhwerd by having wallet. You can shop with it buying coins and invest like or store money like a bank.
If the digital currency is the future of the modern financial world, so our children and all the young people still learn to use bitcoin, and all that is needed for this.
Activity: 195

Well I think teens or children doesn't really need to know that much about bitcoin, you can just tell them that bitcoin is a Cryptocurrency and that's it! if they would question you if what is cryptocurrency then I think explain to them how real money works and I think that would be your base for cryptocurrency, and when they turn older enough they I think that would be the time they can fully understand about it!

I would say we should even not tell them if something like bitcoin exists, because it is not really easy to understand the technology of bitcoin and it will just make them confused, better let them grow older and then they would themselves come to know about it or you should tell them about it later on.

Yup! that is what I'm trying to say, I think the debate about this topic is already finish and I think that teenagers or a child should not be teach any cryptocurrency involvement until they reach the exact age they can understand about it, but well teenagers now a days have been very easily learn this thing maybe I think It will always comes to the ability of a child if he can understand pretty well or not !
Maybe if the state program of teaching children to be in computer science include knowledge of cryptocurrency it would greatly simplify the task of understanding what children bitcoin. Perhaps this is the best way out than at home try to impose their ideas to the child.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

Activity: 946
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

It is an online money, that can transfer in anywhwerd by having wallet. You can shop with it buying coins and invest like or store money like a bank.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
In general yung guy get even smarter than adults. The fact that young people today grow up very quickly and have enough interesting things on the fly and old people just watch them doing crazy tasks. And so with cryptocurrency too they will do better then us, Perhaps we can not worry about that young people will be without knowledge but they will be definitely smarter

Yeah i couldn't agree more with you, the teenagers have more interest with something new, even if it can give them money maybe the teenagers will more interest with bitcoin as well.
The teenagers learn easier, maybe they can handled some way to earn bitcoin such as trading nor signature campaign.
yes i am also not agree with this statement, to me children and teenagers do not need to learn about bitcoin, to me first they should finish their education and after that they should think about trading and investment.
If we stand by that children and teenagers should not be using bitcoin, then how do we ever plan to use bitcoin as a national currency?  you can not have it both ways here.  They need to learn how it is used and all, so that it will further the improvement of bitcoin.
Its better to teach them after certain age and not when they are teenagers as they might find it complicated subject and will prefer to stay away from it as at that age their first priority should be to focus on studies as there is entire life left to learn and earn bitcoins.

Children could not take it seriously because all they want is to play. If i about to chose whom will i teach, i go for teenagers. They are matured enough to understand the importance of saving, investment and profit. Teaching bitcoins is not easy so both parties should have patience in understanding and teaching bitcoins. Children must enjoy thier youthful. Maybe they will learn bitcoins when the right times come.
Jump to: