Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 139. (Read 118019 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 531
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
A children know where on that there are paper money except for real world and digital still including cryptocurrency. Of course if you ask, you can learn, but it does not apply to children. Young people may be interested only with the filing of their parents or other adults.
I think children much prefer to have centralized currency(fiat) than decentralized currency(bitcoin) because children is much love to spend daily for their own foods and wants while in bitcoin this can be used it in online which children not like to wait for their wants to received they want instantly.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
A children know where on that there are paper money except for real world and digital still including cryptocurrency. Of course if you ask, you can learn, but it does not apply to children. Young people may be interested only with the filing of their parents or other adults.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
Hello,

Just ask them to follow this link and they will know everything about Bitcoins.

https://crediblefriends.com/bitcoinbasics.html

It is explained nicely there as I can see but where you have listed wallets please also list blockchain wallet along with the ones you have listed like bitgo and all. Because, blockchain is one of the easiest to use wallet and we all trust it too. Anyways thanks for making such site brother Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
it's showtime
It trully is a waste of time. They will never understand it. Kids and teenagers don't want to hear about how a currency works or any of the details, they will find it boring, they can't be bothered, most adults can't, let alone kids and teens, let's just focus on making bitcoin work as expected by casual people.
But if you leave the teenagers and kids from focusing on improving bitcoin how do you carry the young ones along ? You can't be doing that without the involvement of young people because they are the ones to replace you tomorrow. For sure, a way to put them through must be created to solve any possible future challenges so that we could have better system for bitcoins.

In the contrary, we should invest time to teach them this amazing technology. The children are the one who will replace us and use it in the future.

Mostly, lot of them will learn it by themselves, but we need to educate them and give financial literacy, so they will make better financial decision.

Bitcoin isn't useful to kids, it's more like an international currency so where they will spend/earn coins?

But for sure they can create something new with blockchain.
Activity: 812
Merit: 252
It trully is a waste of time. They will never understand it. Kids and teenagers don't want to hear about how a currency works or any of the details, they will find it boring, they can't be bothered, most adults can't, let alone kids and teens, let's just focus on making bitcoin work as expected by casual people.
But if you leave the teenagers and kids from focusing on improving bitcoin how do you carry the young ones along ? You can't be doing that without the involvement of young people because they are the ones to replace you tomorrow. For sure, a way to put them through must be created to solve any possible future challenges so that we could have better system for bitcoins.

In the contrary, we should invest time to teach them this amazing technology. The children are the one who will replace us and use it in the future.

Mostly, lot of them will learn it by themselves, but we need to educate them and give financial literacy, so they will make better financial decision.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
I am a teenager when i first do know bitcoin. No one did explain it to me i was just to curious because i only saw it and now i am starting to build my way up.

Lessoned: There is no specific need for us to teach children or teenager what bitcoin really is, it is all about to them, it is all about exploration and the willingness to learn because no matter how hard we do explain it to them if they show no interest it would be just useless.
Correct explaining to them is very easy the hard things is to get their interest to used bitcoin but if they are not willing to used it you can not please or force them to used it. There is a lot of attitude of each person and for you mate it is good that you show your interest in bitcoin that is your advantage to them.

I was trying to explore new things on the internet and one of this are searching for some works and gain some penny but i was in debt curiosity about this technology that made me more interested to it. That is why i just love to let them experience bitcoin rather than explaining it to them and I'm pretty sure that they would find it much cooler.
Activity: 210
Well it's a digital money which is mined and stored in computer. Here mining is similar to mining gold from gold mine because we have to dig and find bitcoin. It is not printed like paper currency but it is just stored as number in computer that's it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
well bitcoin is a revolutionary technology which is a digital money which could be mined and stored in computer there is not print machine to print bitcoin currency and coins but it is peer to peer payment system which involves solving if mathematical problem to get bitcoin which is known as mining.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
That's not the only reason, even they understand about bitcoin, most of them aren't interested at all Sad
I tried to explain bitcoin to my friend and he understood, but he wasn't interested till i say bitcoin is a away to earn extra pocket money.

In short, teenagers (and most people) don't care much about something unless it could bring profit/advantage Roll Eyes

You are right dear! Same thing happening with me. But I think when kids will get to know the value of money at that time it will better to make them understand about BTC
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
I am a teenager when i first do know bitcoin. No one did explain it to me i was just to curious because i only saw it and now i am starting to build my way up.

Lessoned: There is no specific need for us to teach children or teenager what bitcoin really is, it is all about to them, it is all about exploration and the willingness to learn because no matter how hard we do explain it to them if they show no interest it would be just useless.
Correct explaining to them is very easy the hard things is to get their interest to used bitcoin but if they are not willing to used it you can not please or force them to used it. There is a lot of attitude of each person and for you mate it is good that you show your interest in bitcoin that is your advantage to them.
Activity: 910

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214

Children and teen agers loves to watch videos on Youtube,and there are a lot of videos on Youtube that can are created specifically for beginners and newbies,so why not send them these videos,it will be much easier than talking or explaining in your own words..
Activity: 644
Kids may not like but teenagers want it as they need money and they now cannot spend any time without money as nowadays the needs of them are more higher for buying their needs and especially for their educations and for other uses.
Activity: 196
it very easy to explain about bitcoin to teenager or children you just tell them about the benefits of bitcoin and then invite them to this forum of bitcointalk then i hope they understand about bitcoin easily and i think its not difficult to know about bitcoin its very simple and easy .
Activity: 882
No actually you are mistaken mate. Teenage is the best time to learn things because there is energy and eagerness to know new things.
You would never be able to explain bitcoins to old people,  since they are stubborn but teenage just need a clue and they will in fact find themselves about it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
First show then your wallet and your wallet balance so that they will feel like opening one account. one could learn something new only when he posse interest in that subject so when he will see huge balance in your wallet then will also want to know about bitcoin then you could explain your statements to him.. like it's a digital money. it is stored in computer and is made in computer and like wise.
Activity: 672
Children will require more time and more struggle to make them to understand bitcoin but teenagers will understand it sooner especially those teenagers who will be educated they will start to study more about bitcoin and will join the community sooner.

Learning teenagers will more easier rather than we teach the children to using bitcoin. The teenagers have more growth mind if we compared with children.
The teenagers wil more easily to catch what are we teach to them such as how to keep bitcoin until how to looking for bitcoin by feee ways. Bitcoin will more user by whole of society.
later then both of them will able to adopt if they realize the value of this currency, allowing them to  figure it out that its a lso a penny that they can use especially online and most of teens and even little kids already aware about online shopping.

Yeah not only online shopping but more technology should introduces to them as soon as possible. And i think bitcoin is a new technology for currency, so there is will come some benefits if the teenagers have taught about bitcoin by us.
The teenagers will try to looking for money by themselves, it is very good for their dependency.
Activity: 238
I would say, allow children and teenagers to grow up instead of rushing them to maturity.
They all have phones and are on social media, they would have heard of bitcoin at some point but are not interested in researching.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
First open a wallet for then then show them each and every detail of how transaction is done and money is received and what are public and private key. People understand better only even live demo is shown. Then explain then how bitcoin is made and how it is stored that's it they will get more than enough hints

That's enough for teens to know bitcoin, however, I doubt it if child would get it, for sure they would just open their eyes wide and stare at you.. It won't be easy to explain technical things to a kid... But anyway, I won't try explaining bitcoin to a child if they don't ask, that would be difficult... But for teens, well, they love new things, for sure if your explanation is like "amazing" to them, they would love it...  Smiley
Jump to: