Pages:
Author

Topic: how to follow whales? - page 2. (Read 4454 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 591
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
March 25, 2024, 03:50:55 PM
Following whales are like digging a part for yourself to sink into lose usually when followed whale you should know that your capital and their capital can never be the same let say you invest in a project with about $10k and a whale invest with about $500k if market reduces to -65% meaning you are losing $6.5k from your $10k leaving you with $3.5k at this point if you don't have patient enough to hold you could end up waiting your resources.

I don't get your point here. Indeed, the investment capital of a normal trader cannot be equal to the trading capital of a whale, but if a normal trader makes a trade with a whale, on the same cryptocurrency but with a different capital, both would lose the same percentage from their investment if that cryptocurrency loses value. So if you invest $10k and lose $6k in that dip, the whale would lose $600k if he had invested $1m. So the loss percentage is the same and it's based on a trader's loss appetite.

Regardless, a normal trader can't know a whale's movements and when and in which cryptocurrency they will make their trades in, they tend to manipulate the market so that they can earn profit from small traders, so they would never reveal their secrets for the general public.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
March 25, 2024, 03:14:00 PM
Following whales are like digging a part for yourself to sink into lose usually when followed whale you should know that your capital and their capital can never be the same let say you invest in a project with about $10k and a whale invest with about $500k if market reduces to -65% meaning you are losing $6.5k from your $10k leaving you with $3.5k at this point if you don't have patient enough to hold you could end up waiting your resources.

So it's better do your investment and make your findings whenever the market increases you take profits and let the market swing the way that please itself, people who are always greedy looking forward to follow some specific people to trade always ends up in regrets that is why we must follow them rather trading within your level of investment.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
March 24, 2024, 06:44:59 PM
I actually used to do this by looking at the Richlist of a few tokens. I would track the ones who bought $1M or more and would sell when they sold and add when they added. I did this for many years and honestly it didn't help me become profitable. Basically in a bull market, every whale made money. And when the markets topped, all those whales sold at a loss or they just held on to it while it became -99%.

Its proof that even if you got tons of money you can still make the same bad investment mistakes as some millionaires do. So there is no point really in analysing the blockchain and following whale buys and sells. There is no edge to this. Unless I just did it incorrectly but I am pretty sure these were whale self-custody wallets and not exchanges. And in the end... i got nowhere.
Activity: 784
Merit: 544
March 24, 2024, 04:56:06 PM
Saw that this thread was created way back in 2015, However it was bumped. This is a very difficult thing to do or spot and if there's such way to spot when whales are buying everyone would tend to do same thing in order to take the advantage. If you actually want to study the activities of whales or buy when they are buying, go study the wyckoff schematic of accumulation and distribution, this way you have high percentage chance of spotting possible bottoms and tops. The method shows you how the smart money guys operates in the market.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 24, 2024, 02:59:24 PM
a trader can follow a signal group, and make the most of it, in all the crypto space
I hope that most of the traders, mostly the new ones won't follow any signals group because that's like a bad thing that they can follow with. If they're going to take a look at those groups and they see some significant information whether they're from whales or not, but most likely not then just follow what kind of indicator they're seeing from it.

I think that trading is the most complex and it requires a lot of expertise and commitments in order to minimize loses and become profitable in it.
Not that a lot of expertise, you know the basics but being profitable is truly hard and it doesn't happen to everyone.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
March 24, 2024, 11:31:10 AM
The subject of the thread really caught my attention, and I'm eager to know how to follow whales too, but the comments so far is about the indicators to follow, so I guess that whales do not want people to follow them, every trader has to research and find their own indicators. You suggestion is also good, a trader can follow a signal group, and make the most of it, in all the crypto space, I think that trading is the most complex and it requires a lot of expertise and commitments in order to minimize loses and become profitable in it.
How do you know they are actually whales?

See how they are rich with their assets, lifestyle like Sam Bankman-Fried?

Whales can be smart with investment, trading or just are rich because of their scam, fraudulent activities like SBF.

Following whales will be like using a double-edged sword and you can get benefit or get harmed. If you are not smart, you can be manipulated by their signals and become victims of their distribution.
Activity: 364
Merit: 220
March 24, 2024, 07:21:22 AM
I realised that small group of whales basicly own bitcoin market and do whatever they want with price. On which indicators I have to watch to follow them? volume only? some shapes on charts?
There is not indicator that is going to show you that. All you have to do is to look for good signal groups you can join that has whales there where they can be going the members signals to trade. This is the only way you could get to that and understand more about this crypto space. There are so many signal groups you could join and make money by taking there signals although so of them are not free.yiu will have to do the research yourself so you could get what you are looking for. This is never difficult at all.

The subject of the thread really caught my attention, and I'm eager to know how to follow whales too, but the comments so far is about the indicators to follow, so I guess that whales do not want people to follow them, every trader has to research and find their own indicators. You suggestion is also good, a trader can follow a signal group, and make the most of it, in all the crypto space, I think that trading is the most complex and it requires a lot of expertise and commitments in order to minimize loses and become profitable in it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 109
March 22, 2024, 05:56:54 PM
I realised that small group of whales basicly own bitcoin market and do whatever they want with price. On which indicators I have to watch to follow them? volume only? some shapes on charts?
There is not indicator that is going to show you that. All you have to do is to look for good signal groups you can join that has whales there where they can be going the members signals to trade. This is the only way you could get to that and understand more about this crypto space. There are so many signal groups you could join and make money by taking there signals although so of them are not free.yiu will have to do the research yourself so you could get what you are looking for. This is never difficult at all.
I won't fall victim to any fake signals anymore. Joining random groups and channels on Telegram was how i started copying trading, and when I checked my success rate, it was low. I gained nothing more than learning more and more because those trades I executed back then from those groups were most of the wrong trades, and i lost so much in them. I don't want something like that to repeat itself. I prefer that someone who wants to be a professional trader should not rely on such groups. Instead, the intention should be to learn a new pattern and how they can adjust their way of trading by introducing the new pattern in such a way that it will benefit them.
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
March 22, 2024, 04:44:10 PM
Activity: 1358
Merit: 134
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 18, 2024, 06:56:30 PM
The thing is, whales are not tools or any kind of indicators; whales are the term for those investors in bitcoin or people who hold a huge amount of bitcoin. They have been called whales because, as they hold a lot of bitcoin, every engagement they do in the market could affect the movement of the market or they could influence the market. Let's put it this way: if there is a group of whales that hold the majority of the bitcoin supply and they suddenly sell all their holdings, what do you think will happen? Of course, the price of bitcoin might drop a lot, as more supply equals less demand. The same goes if they buy a huge amount of bitcoin again, and then the demand will increase as the bitcoin price increases. The truth is, we can't know how they will engage in the market so that we can follow them. This is because not all whales reveal their identities, so maybe there are indicators for them, but the thing is, they are hard to predict, and we can never know what their purpose is in every engagement they do in the market.
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
March 18, 2024, 04:43:48 PM
use https://www.whalealertz.com/.. here you can find all bitcoin whales for free.
Activity: 44
February 20, 2016, 12:54:50 PM
Think all I learned from this thread is when the market is stagnant expect a pump. Will have to keep a eye on this being a noob that I am. How much bitcoin is a good amount for daily trading anyways?

It depends on the coin. If the coin has future and the price is hovering around a level, it means the whales are accumulating.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
February 10, 2016, 04:34:30 PM
like others I wait for the prices to get stable then either buy
or sell depending on what it has done recently.

Like after we shot up to 440-450 I waited but then saw we were
evening out. So I started to sell some. Then it dropped back below
400 and I waited then it sat around 370-380 so I bought some.

We will see what happens next.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 09, 2016, 04:57:51 PM
Think all I learned from this thread is when the market is stagnant expect a pump. Will have to keep a eye on this being a noob that I am. How much bitcoin is a good amount for daily trading anyways?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2016, 01:34:54 PM
usually i follow the simple rule, that if the price stay for a very long time in the same range, a pump will eventually happen, because i consider the price rock solid at that point

now we are on a bull market
Best experience i have so far is to follow those guys with more experience than i have..This is very convenient if they are honest and trustworthy like this legendary member!
Thanks.
But where to find those whales who like to help new traders in trading. I have never seen some legendary experienced member anywhere creating helpful thread to give daily analysis + what to do next like tips.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 09, 2016, 11:01:39 AM
usually i follow the simple rule, that if the price stay for a very long time in the same range, a pump will eventually happen, because i consider the price rock solid at that point

now we are on a bull market
Best experience i have so far is to follow those guys with more experience than i have..This is very convenient if they are honest and trustworthy like this legendary member!
Thanks.
Activity: 44
February 07, 2016, 06:48:50 AM
When the whales find you are following them, they will change the direction of the price and shake you out.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 06, 2016, 05:42:22 PM
I don't think that there is a flawless way of following the whales behavior. The bitcoin Market is still too volatile and unpredictable for one manage to do that!
Activity: 714
IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please
February 06, 2016, 09:50:27 AM
No whales give you the truth on which coins is going up or down . i guess you just monitor the markets carefully 24 \7 as best as you can analyze carefully the buy\sell wall .to get in the right time.
Activity: 658
February 06, 2016, 09:43:32 AM
May be in some investor's forums ? I do not see another option. Whales can own also investment companies, but in their webpages you can not find anything real, except may be as exception.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: