Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get merit in this forum? - page 2. (Read 274 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
September 01, 2023, 09:05:34 AM
or is it something that can be gotten by chance or luck?
Try skill.
Also try reading, as this has got to be like the 1000th time a thread has been created asking this exact question since the merit system began in 2018.  And then after you've gotten your answer, do the community a favor and lock your thread by clicking "lock thread" at the bottom left hand corner of the page, lest it become infested with shitposters trying to give answers when they've never earned a single merit in their time on the forum.

But yeah, skill at writing and/or writing things that are important; that's the basic formula for earning merits, and even then they don't come easily to most members.
copper member
Activity: 602
Merit: 921
September 01, 2023, 08:57:21 AM
l have been in this forum for sometime now and l have heard about the members getting merit for level upgrade, and something like how many merit someone got within 120 days. Considering my observation and what l have heard, it is a very vital requirement that is difficult to get. l want to ask about how someone can get merit, is it something that can be gotten through posting useful content, or is it something that can be gotten by chance or luck?

The more you ask about merits, the more people on this forum will shy away from you. There are a huge number of opportunities to get that merit on this forum. Find an area that you are good at and write posts about it. And people will evaluate you if they want and if they like your posts.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
September 01, 2023, 08:55:22 AM
To know about merit, read merit and new rank requirements https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28856522

l want to ask about how someone can get merit, is it something that can be gotten through posting useful content, or is it something that can be gotten by chance or luck?
If you have good post, someone with earned merit or a merit source can send you meirt. Every 2 merits you earned you will have 1 smerits which you can send to other people's posts.

To earn merit, you have to study this forum and people on this carefully and become like them.
Activity: 239
Merit: 59
a young loner on a crusade
September 01, 2023, 07:33:10 AM
or is it something that can be gotten by chance or luck?
Try skill.

--Knight Hider
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
September 01, 2023, 07:30:18 AM
Be contributing to the forum, share things that are worth meriting, and stop asking questions like this on how to get merit.
Make quality posts, and you will see that merit will chase you, not you chasing merit.

Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
September 01, 2023, 07:28:36 AM
I think you are getting it wrong op, you earn merits not out of chance neither luck. Merits are earned when you make useful contributions to the forum. Don't worry about how much time it takes you to earn merits. Just do good things here on Bitcointalk like making posts in the boards where merits are possibly given, sharing your knowledge (without plagarising), and you'll definitely earn some merits. Many beginners have asked the same question in the past, but my answer remains the same.
earning merits isn't super easy, but it's not terribly hard either. If you focus on your contributions and don't obsess over merits, they will come unexpectedly.

I decided to give you one, to help motivate and encourage you into creating more quality post. With this you see that it isn't very hard just try. (I would have given earlier, but didn't have any s merits)
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
September 01, 2023, 07:26:14 AM
l have been in this forum for sometime now and l have heard about the members getting merit for level upgrade, and something like how many merit someone got within 120 days. Considering my observation and what l have heard, it is a very vital requirement that is difficult to get. l want to ask about how someone can get merit, is it something that can be gotten through posting useful content, or is it something that can be gotten by chance or luck?
Pages:
Jump to: