Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get rich - page 4. (Read 627 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
May 11, 2024, 07:06:25 PM
Hi guys, I am 19 years old and know a lot about finance .... after my IT education.

Man, to be 19 again in this day and age.   Wink

Trading is exponential growth, and if you are bad you often get reset to zero.  :/  Look into invention - better than websites or phone applications - I mean ideas.  Find a service no one else offers.   Then license the data from the service to people who want to build the website or phone application.

Residual income is key, and can be used to trade when you have extra $.  Smiley   No one wants to retire, then be forced to go back to work; how quickly are you looking to sleep soundly without sacrificing something?
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 11, 2024, 06:22:31 PM
Hi guys, I am 19 years old and know a lot about finance (ETFs, funds, crypto, stocks, commodities)
I have been Bitcoin swing trading for a year and I am still not profitable. I would like to be self-employed as an investor or trader after my IT education. Does trading really work in the long term to be profitable?
If you are for the long term, both trading and investing can work to anybody. But know that it's not for all so, if trading doesn't work for you. It's either you keep on testing strategies and gain more experience.

Or, you change your path and become an investor which in my experience have been more profitable than doing swing trades for years.

Being a holder of BTC is easy and means a lot to me and that's why this strategy is also being told by the others. So, since you're already here might as well try to be a holder of Bitcoin.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 11, 2024, 02:38:22 PM
Hi guys, I am 19 years old and know a lot about finance (ETFs, funds, crypto, stocks, commodities)
I have been Bitcoin swing trading for a year and I am still not profitable. I would like to be self-employed as an investor or trader after my IT education. Does trading really work in the long term to be profitable?

You said you know a lot about finance then you might already have an answer for your question...

Irrespective of trading or investing you need capital which again you should knew it already when you said you know about finance.

Anyway to answer the final question, yes it's profitable but highly impossible to be a successful and consistent trader for such long term.
Activity: 9
Merit: 2
May 11, 2024, 02:17:57 PM
"Does trading really work in the long term to be profitable?"

Yes, for a small % of people, they can win big long-term as traders. The estimates are ~ only 10 to 20% of people make money trading/investing and everyone else loses eventually. Does this scare you away, or tell you there is a ton of money to be made for the winners?

Activity: 1666
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 11, 2024, 01:49:28 PM

Regarding expertise in any field, if you do it well, the results you get will also be good.

So if you have a plan to direct what you want to develop, determination and perseverance are the factors that will help you achieve success. But what you are talking about is that the information is still in theoretical form and needs more experiential action. I know of traders who can make a lot of money but only very little and they are really in a comfortable state before making money. Spending time on something where you can sense a lot of opportunities like the crypto space somehow shows that you are still not skilled enough, so just keep learning and taking action on everything, trading has many things going on. around it and not for the crowd so answering the question you are looking for is probably you who is the one answering for yourself with the shortcomings that need to be filled in.
Activity: 28
Merit: 25
May 11, 2024, 01:32:15 PM
I'll try out trading until the end of 2024 and then we'll see. I find long-term investing really more interesting, but the problem is that I don't have the capital. 3k won't do me any good if I turn it into 10k as an example and the next BTC halving won't be until 2028

i started defi with 10k and got to 14m at some point.
i did that during the previous halving.
this is the time when devs build(no my bad, it's the time when they launch, not the same thing) . if you're gonna invest, it should be now.
you got so many narratives: depin, rwa, gaming, ai, l2s, l1s, restaking...
and ffs you're 19, there are worse things than waiting 4 years to become a milionaire.

you wanna trade? i'll give you a hint. the one thing that moves the market right now is the etfs. inflows=green. outflows=red.
knowing that grayscale still has 300k btc to sell and that last week, for the first time they actually bought (twice), good luck figuring out which direction the market's going
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
May 11, 2024, 11:30:44 AM
I'll try out trading until the end of 2024 and then we'll see. I find long-term investing really more interesting, but the problem is that I don't have the capital. 3k won't do me any good if I turn it into 10k as an example and the next BTC halving won't be until 2028
Activity: 28
Merit: 25
May 11, 2024, 11:26:08 AM

you know a lot and yet you're not profitable after a year?

maybe you don't know as much as you think.
wanna be rich? be a good investor, not a good trader.
find projects you believe in, projects you feel close to, research them (like a lot), buy early and hold.
you're 19... you'll be rich at some point if you have the balls to hold and the work ethic to really search for the good stuff
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
May 11, 2024, 11:22:30 AM
Pages:
Jump to: