Pages:
Author

Topic: How to hidden or Delete all coin in myether wallet? - page 2. (Read 3295 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

I used to do Air drop and bounty. Get all coins in time when the market is down. The value of all these coins lost 90% even now looking at it I do not believe it is no longer valid.
I cannot sell them because no one buys them, and its value can only be enough to transfer to exchange.
So do you have a way to hide it or delete all the coins from your wallet?
I don't think there is a way to hide or eliminate these coins from the wallet. It is true that we often get tokens from bounty projects and then we see prices continue to fall and slowly become worthless which then makes us feel that these tokens are useless and better to throw them away, but I don't think there is a way to eliminate them if the tokens do not have value and not listed in the exchange so that the token ends up just becoming junk in our wallet.
copper member
Activity: 547
Merit: 0
I have been using myether wallet for years and there is no way to hide or delete coin. Except you import your private key to crypto wallet like imtoken, trust wallet it will be very easy to hide a coin all you need to search for the ticker to plus sign to minus.  Very simple.
Activity: 924
Merit: 256
What is the point in deleting the tokens? You can either hide these tokens, or create a new MEW wallet and move your ETH and useful tokens there. Also, make sure that you don't delete tokens just for the sake of it. Although it is rare in cryptocurrency market, there were incidents in the past when dead/dormant tokens suddenly got alive and gave good returns for the investors.
maybe the OP wants to delete the token that has become junk in the myetherwallet wallet so he doesn't want to see it anymore, indeed there is nothing that can delete it from the wallet that can be done is just toss out the token then it's certain the token will be erased from the wallet because in his wallet there is no trash token again.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
What is the point in deleting the tokens? You can either hide these tokens, or create a new MEW wallet and move your ETH and useful tokens there. Also, make sure that you don't delete tokens just for the sake of it. Although it is rare in cryptocurrency market, there were incidents in the past when dead/dormant tokens suddenly got alive and gave good returns for the investors.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1

I used to do Air drop and bounty. Get all coins in time when the market is down. The value of all these coins lost 90% even now looking at it I do not believe it is no longer valid.
I cannot sell them because no one buys them, and its value can only be enough to transfer to exchange.

Wow, it's so unfortunate. Most airdroppers and bounty hunters are in same predicament. The issue is that you can't actually delete your tokens from the wallet. At best you can hide it on Imtoken wallet by removing the tokens highlighted on the wallet. You may need the ticker or contract address to be able to successfully carry out this on the tokens.
Activity: 487
Merit: 105
I'm just creating another wallet on my Ledger. and temporarily forget about the old. Other ways to get rid of garbage I do not see. Unless you burn useless tokens, but then you will need to pay a commission.
Activity: 921
Merit: 10
I agree with many speakers that you should just create a new wallet. Or try to send the coins to a null address, or some other non-existent address. Both of these methods will be a bit expensive, you will still have to pay for sending coins.
Activity: 645
Merit: 266
To delete your all token from wallet is just send it out to another wallet, but it takes money for the gas. You can never delete those tokens until you have zero.

there is a process called burning and it works like that where you send the coin to a random address  .these address can be from existing wallets or only made up numbers and letter which dont exist on a wallet all so the coins will be lost forever if sended to it  but why spend extra fees when your only goal is to dispose them  ? why can you just forget your wallet or throw away your private keys  ? that is less hassel and less costy thing to do   . i dont get the idea  of throwing away coins while other love thier coins including the shittiest one  '

Ya, i do prefer to ignore those shit tokens than I must pay more fees to send them. I think the reason why the thread starter not throw away his wallet because he already join many campaign and it make him can't change wallet address, so he keep using this wallet and want to those shite tokens vanish from that wallet address.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
To delete your all token from wallet is just send it out to another wallet, but it takes money for the gas. You can never delete those tokens until you have zero.

there is a process called burning and it works like that where you send the coin to a random address  .these address can be from existing wallets or only made up numbers and letter which dont exist on a wallet all so the coins will be lost forever if sended to it  but why spend extra fees when your only goal is to dispose them  ? why can you just forget your wallet or throw away your private keys  ? that is less hassel and less costy thing to do   . i dont get the idea  of throwing away coins while other love thier coins including the shittiest one  '
Activity: 645
Merit: 266
Activity: 262
Merit: 12

the risk received by airdrop participants is the amount of shitcoin in the wallet that makes the eyes become saturated because the coins are not valuable at all .. so my advice to you is to immediately make a new wallet ... and you can send coins that are priced into the new wallet ..
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
There is no way to delete or hide your token, because the ethereum platform is transparent meaning your token can be seen by everyone. So the only way is to use a new wallet.
I do not get why anyone would like to delete their wallet, generating new addresses is free and can be done very quickly, if you do not like the idea of watching all the coins you have that have lost all their value then you can just never open that wallet again and forget about those coins, but even if the probabilities are small if one of the coins you obtained through airdrops or bounty campaigns goes up if you forgot about your wallet you will not obtain those benefits.
Activity: 527
Merit: 113
This process can't be done. Well but if youre using a 3rd party app like Imtoken on importing youre mew wallet you can delete youre display tokens that you dont want to see. If you want youre wallet to be free, burn it. send to unknown address such as 0x0000 and it will be gone forever in youre wallet.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
There's no way to delete or hide it on your wallet but I think you are irritated looking at those coins through your wallet. I've read someone suggested this before that create another MEW and then send those useless coins to that wallet and leave that new wallet forever.
Problem solved.

I experienced this, too many useless tokens in MEW wallet and if I do this, then I just throw away my ethereum just to transfer my useless token. I prefer to let my useless token in my wallet and not get my hopes up on coins like this.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 255
If you feel frustrated seeing those worthless tokens in your wallet, the solution is to forget about your wallet temporarily, and don't open it again. Make another new wallet for other tokens. On the other hand when you're lucky and there is one of your tokens to the moon, you can sell it and you can be rich. Who knows, the developer will make changes to progress the coins.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
There is no way to delete of hide them, the only option is to create another wallet or transfer your shitcoins to another wallet in which will cost you additional transaction fees.

If you didn't like to use new your wallet address then that is the only option that you can choose. But if I were to choose, it is best to create another wallet than free your current wallet with shitcoins by spending few bucks for transaction fees.
The most annoying thing is using my ethereum as the transaction cost ie.gas in moving out those shits token I think its better to create a new wallet as you rightly said personally its been a long time I login to myethwallet because those tokens are like eyesore to me, however I thought one of those shit coins might become useful in the nearest future probably if the project is resuscitated.
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
That's the beauty of blockchain technology, everything is decentralised and open and opening a new wallet doesn't cost you anything and doesn't take time at all, but if you want to remove the tokens so you wouldn't keep seeing it, you could simply just send them out to a spam wallet that you know or keep, or if it's just that you do not wanna see them anymore, you could turn them off, they would still be in the blockchain ofcourse but you wouldnt be able to view them in your wallet, imtoken supports this feature.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252

Just create a new wallet, or you can send all those tokens to a new address. There is no way you can delete or burn them, it will last forever
Many above have already given the answers but I think that the best way in this situation is really creating a new wallet.Or just sending the necessary and valuable coins to a new wallet.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

You cannot delete or hide coin that you have in Myetherwallet, because there is no myetherwallet system to delete or hide coin that you have, but if you really want to eliminate them, so I advise you to create a new wallet and transfer it to a new wallet.
Yes, they cant do that the only option available if you dont want to see it is to transfer to another ETH wallet .which requires eth balance for transaction fees if you are willing to waste some eth to send it to another wallet that will be the best option and you will never find that token again.
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
There are different kinds of wallets in existence and most of them allows you to hide your useless tokens, those tokens would still exist ofcourse and if you scan your wallet through etherscan, you would still see those tokens there but atleast whenever you log into your wallet, you would not see those tokens staring back at you, wallets that allows you to do this is imtoken and trust wallet, those are the two I have tried and they worked for me just fine, I still use them till this day.
Pages:
Jump to: