Pages:
Author

Topic: how to identify scam coin - page 4. (Read 1006 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 10
equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange
November 28, 2017, 05:51:31 AM
A coin scam for is when the coin has no good existing product,developers has no successful projects,investors are not interested with it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
November 28, 2017, 05:49:43 AM
dear friends im a newbie did lots of air drops and received lots of coins.some are telling those coins are scam.
eg-piggy,ohni
how can i identify whether they are scam or not?

If it's too good to true then it probably is. Remember that.

If it is asking for your investment then always always check and do your own research and determine whether or not it's a good investment to make, whether or not their promises are actually fulfillable or just marketing strategies.

Airdropped coins should also be treated with caution. They will probably turn out to be nothing at all.
Activity: 138
Powering Real Economy in the gaming world
November 28, 2017, 04:33:11 AM
dear friends im a newbie did lots of air drops and received lots of coins.some are telling those coins are scam.
eg-piggy,ohni
The majority of the scam coin will be running by the unknown developers or those are try to hiding their real information. But you can try to a lot of research about the developer's history. Ask the community feedback about. the more people mean the more information for you. That's why community is really important.

That is right. The identity of the developers are not real or just a copy-cat on other token's website. So it is very important to have a deep research about a certain coin and their developers. You should also check their website and their whitepaper. Because in there you can analyze if there is something suspicious about the details they put on it. And lastly, the opinion of other people. Do not forget to take that also.
Activity: 168
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
November 28, 2017, 04:23:40 AM
The first thing I'm going to do is to check if the announcement and bounty campaign managers are higher rank members, otherwise they're scams and dodgy.
Newbie and Junior Members shouldn't be able to manage ICOs even if they're legitimate and experienced managers. But moat of the time I choose veteran managers like Sylon, Yahoo, Needmoney etc.
Activity: 602
Merit: 277
November 28, 2017, 04:21:48 AM
Distribution of the most coins by airdrop. Sooner or later it will be pile of garbage.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 28, 2017, 04:19:57 AM
http://prntscr.com/hg7seu

Just look at this picture
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 28, 2017, 04:07:26 AM
As i know its too difficult to know the coin scam or not. But i will say if the coin have no real developers and not following the roadmap so i can say its scam project.
And also if the dont list on the market for long period after ico also showing that the coin is scam.
But of course its not hundreed persen work.
Activity: 280
November 28, 2017, 04:07:03 AM
This is very easy, you can see it from various aspect. First, you can see their team whether they have a good track record or not. Second, you can judge it in terms of rank project, I suggest you can use website www.alexa.com/siteinfo. From that aspect we can see if the project is scam or not.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 28, 2017, 04:05:17 AM
To be honest, I feel that it might be a little difficult to identify now. I mean just look at confido.
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
November 28, 2017, 03:58:24 AM
eg-piggy,ohni

Can it include anything of the real The majority renowned worldwide crypto, Bitcoin? there will be a staggering amount from claiming scamcoins that didn’t generally include anything on Bitcoin’s protocol, they were uncovered forks with one or two parameters changed, Also in the best about cases a few (buggy) code included.

I have to say that most of the project nowadays is a scam, many projects has no relation with block chain, but they force to add the block chain to their project and call for money from the public.
Activity: 210
November 28, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
eg-piggy,ohni

Can it include anything of the real The majority renowned worldwide crypto, Bitcoin? there will be a staggering amount from claiming scamcoins that didn’t generally include anything on Bitcoin’s protocol, they were uncovered forks with one or two parameters changed, Also in the best about cases a few (buggy) code included.
Activity: 238
November 28, 2017, 03:48:35 AM
This is a very serious problem, and nobody knows how to tell whether this is true or not, so I'm not going to take any air drops in the near future.
Activity: 383
November 28, 2017, 03:46:47 AM
eg-piggy,ohni
in my opinion, the whole of the project can be seen if a scam. I usually see the project's website ranking, see the project's development team, in terms of website design and roadmap of the project.
Activity: 168
November 28, 2017, 03:44:14 AM
You cant identify scam coins only joining the aidrops,scam coin would be a scam if theres a lot of investors who got rekt,or the coin developmen is cancelled or they got hacked scheme.
Activity: 60
November 28, 2017, 03:41:45 AM
i found this video to be very insightful in regards to this matter

https://youtu.be/v9AkwVHNnX0
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
November 28, 2017, 03:22:12 AM
Track their social networks, responses to people, activity. Write to community managers and ask questions about future of the project, profit from your invests and so on. If the answers are vague and too complicated or unprofessional it should put you on alert. However sometimes even scam could so perfectly planned and organized that it is unable to identify it.
Activity: 248
https://exclusiveplatform.com/
November 28, 2017, 03:09:35 AM
eg-piggy,ohni

It is quite hard to identify which coin is a scam or not. Most of airdrop coins now ended up being worthless, but it doesn't matter for me, since I haven't done a lot of job getting that free coin. If we got involved on an airdrop, we can also check their announcement thread if they have and see if their team are strong enough to become successful or their project has something different to offer that might stand up at the end. Sometimes reading about them may answer our doubt, but sometimes not at all because we still cannot say if the project will goes well. But don't throw your coins away, it would be a regret if something good happens. But it will not if you just  keep it.  Wink
Activity: 645
Merit: 266
November 28, 2017, 03:08:19 AM
you can identify a coin as a scam if the dev not have clear roadmap, he hide his personal information, new social media account and he ask money for airdrop( some of them claim for prevent abuse). but if you got it from airdrop is fine i guess, you get it for free though
Activity: 234
It's turtles all the way down!
November 28, 2017, 02:31:09 AM
You stay away from projects that don't answer every question from the community, disappear for periods of time, or don't have good reasons as to why they believe in their project or have an explanation as to what is going on with the funds that were given out at the beginning. Any shady answers? Run. Follow that rule and you'll never lose money.

It's true that you will never be 100% foolproof. You weigh the risk versus reward of whatever project you think might be a winner and you stay with it very closely until something spooks you.
Activity: 350
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
November 28, 2017, 02:30:00 AM
There is no fullproof method to identify scam coin. But some points indicates that coin may be scan. Coin have any project or not, white paper details, following roadmap or not etc.
its true even a scam ico could have a nice whitepaper detais a good organized roadmap. but there is always something fishy about it if it is a scam.
maybe throw some question to the dev through thread and other group
Pages:
Jump to: