Pages:
Author

Topic: How to invest $2k - $3k - page 3. (Read 891 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
October 27, 2017, 09:28:14 PM
@Savik

Thank you for the information! That sounds a safe approach. I probably can't buy Bitcoin as of now. 

May be I should stick with the relatively safe ones instead of timing ICO's  Smiley

You can buy fractions of any coin, even BTC. So don't let the price of the coin stop you.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
October 27, 2017, 09:23:25 PM
@Savik

Thank you for the information! That sounds a safe approach.

May be I should stick with the relatively safe ones instead of timing ICO's  Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
October 27, 2017, 09:18:51 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum and to the world of cryptocurrency. The volume of threads here is overwhelming and I think it will definitely take time for me to absorb key information here.

I have a quick question. I am a newbie to all this so please pardon me if this sounds silly question.

I have $2k-$3k to invest into cryptocurrency. I am not looking to become a millionaire out of my investment. My goal is to earn enough money to achieve my goal of about $50k (for my mortgage payment). There are so many ICO's out there and it is quite a challenge to find the right one. I have an account in coinbase and I bought 1 Litecoin for the sake of it (just to get started).

I am thinking I could invest some in Litecoin/Ethereum and probably some money once a blockchain goes live. I don't feel comfortable investing in ICO because I don't know what will happen when it goes live in exchange. If you need to chose between Litecoin and Ethereum, what would you recommend?

Thanks!

I'd split it 3 ways, 60% BTC, 20% ETH, 10% LTC. Then spend the next month reading this message board without making any trades.
October 27, 2017, 09:17:19 PM
@btct22

Thank you for the information. I will check out the website.

@askmecrypto

Thank you for the advice and for sharing your suggestions. This is very helpful. You are right - I should be looking into protecting myself from all angles.

I am trying to read articles/youtube to understand this stuff. I might sound stupid but I am just trying to understand the basic stuff right now (coin wallet, keys, how to transfer money etc.). Probably I should get my basics sharp before starting to think about investments.

This community seems awesome. It is just that I am finding it hard to separate out the "general advertising - follow my coin" from "genuine posts" but I am sure there are a lot of people with good intentions here.

Cheers!
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
October 27, 2017, 09:07:50 PM
Since you are saying you are a new Newbie, I would suggest few points to safeguard yourself.
Investment is the second part, First is how NOT TO LOOSE MONEY in CRYPTO.

I learned from my mistakes and I would like to share these with you so that you don't fall for the same.

THINGS NOT TO DO:

1. STAY AWAY FROM PnD groups/channels. They are not meant for people to enjoy the pump, instead they are created for wannabes millionares to dump upon.
2. Dont be a FOMO buyer (you must know when the train left, dont ever try to chase something thats out of reach).
3. Dont be a panic seller (Always invest after you do research, understand the project and dev visions, its your money).
4. Dont be a loose bag holder.
5. Always #DYOR.

Now, since you are asking what to invest in, everyone out here and there will feed you with info about the coins they are actually holding, many of them are genuine, many of them are not. Again, Do your Own research.

I prepared a list of good buys though (THIS IS FOR THE DIP MARKET not the FOMO):
A list of trusted #ALTS for future dips:
$ETH
$STRAT
$OMG
$QTUM
$STEEM
$WAVES
$NEO
$ADX
$SNT
$DNT
$LTC
$XRP
$LSK
$CVC
$PAY
Activity: 615
Merit: 502
October 27, 2017, 09:05:06 PM
Check out something called Masternode coins..  For that kind of money you can buy enough coins for a node of your choice, and run it for as long as you like.  While you're running it, you'll get more coins.  Those coins may become more valuable while you're holding and making more.  This has been my strategy for the past few months and so far it's paid off.  

The risk is you're holding an alt coin, and if BTC goes crazy then people may choose to sell it and be worth less in BTC terms as before.  But I've not sold them and they have recovered, while I've been making more coins in the mean time..  There's no gear to buy and no extra power costs.  It's a pretty sweet deal and not many people seem to have cottoned on yet, so I think it's worth the risk.  

The list of coins:  https://masternodes.online
A background article that explains it better: https://www.investitin.com/masternode/

October 27, 2017, 08:58:42 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum and to the world of cryptocurrency. The volume of threads here is overwhelming and I think it will definitely take time for me to absorb key information here.

I have a quick question. I am a newbie to all this so please pardon me if this sounds silly question.

I have $2k-$3k to invest into cryptocurrency. I am not looking to become a millionaire out of my investment. My goal is to earn enough money to achieve my goal of about $50k (for my mortgage payment). There are so many ICO's out there and it is quite a challenge to find the right one. I have an account in coinbase and I bought 1 Litecoin for the sake of it (just to get started).

I am thinking I could invest some in Litecoin/Ethereum and probably some money once a blockchain goes live. I don't feel comfortable investing in ICO because I don't know what will happen when it goes live in exchange. If you need to chose between Litecoin and Ethereum, what would you recommend?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: