Pages:
Author

Topic: How to keep safe when verifying ID? - page 2. (Read 1081 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 03, 2016, 03:14:52 AM
Hey guys, with the recent bitfinex hack and the price plummet, id like to buy. But im also concerned about my Cyber-security. If the site I use gets hacked, anyone can take and leak my financial documents or my driver's licence. How would I keep safe?

P.S. Im probably to late to reap the bonuses, but hacks always happen and I want to be ready. Smiley

your concern is valid and I think the only solution you have is contacting the site that is asking for your ID and ask them how are they storing these information and how safe it is. and trusting that they are telling the truth.

I don't think they store it live and accessible for hackers, and hackers so far have hacked the "wallets" of these exchanges not anything else (at least not that we know of)

here's a simple tip. make sure that site your going to submit your ID is a trusted site and legit. you can see that in their
credentials. And of course it its about loaning. dont ever attempt to give that. because they use your identity in other transaction
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
August 03, 2016, 03:05:44 AM
Hey guys, with the recent bitfinex hack and the price plummet, id like to buy. But im also concerned about my Cyber-security. If the site I use gets hacked, anyone can take and leak my financial documents or my driver's licence. How would I keep safe?

P.S. Im probably to late to reap the bonuses, but hacks always happen and I want to be ready. Smiley

your concern is valid and I think the only solution you have is contacting the site that is asking for your ID and ask them how are they storing these information and how safe it is. and trusting that they are telling the truth.

I don't think they store it live and accessible for hackers, and hackers so far have hacked the "wallets" of these exchanges not anything else (at least not that we know of)
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
August 03, 2016, 01:09:09 AM
You could try watermarking your ID. But make sure you use an application that will make it irremovable. You could even go to their customer support and ask them to generate their own passphrase that you will watermark with.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 03, 2016, 12:57:54 AM

Pages:
Jump to: