Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Protect my faucet site from bots? - page 2. (Read 5526 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 528
February 10, 2016, 05:33:39 AM
And maybe make IP limit to prevent bot to constantly accessing your website Smiley

The problem of limiting IP is that you will be limiting access for a legit user as well instead of just bots. People that use bots to claim faucet isnt stupid to use the same IP over and over again, most people use vpn and some other tools which could enable them to change IP as many times as needed
Hmm..
Maybe limit the access for the website only for the bots
When the IP is blacklisted the bot can't access it constantly and thus rendering the bot pretty much useless Tongue
Though i think anti bot script is enough as it can be effective when used right Wink
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 10, 2016, 04:59:45 AM
You really shouldn't be hosting a faucet. They are simply being botted 24/7, and there is very much no real traffic.

But you could implement the "anti not" buttons, but that's just a pain in the arse.

Yeah you right. Bot always have a way to rape our faucets. btw why not build a faucets like a game ? i mean like farmsatoshi.com, it's so good though. so people come to your faucets also play your game.

You're right, it is better way. But unfortunately people don't want to play intresting games, they want to get fast freebie.

But gamification of faucet sites provides benefit to the bored faucet claimers. It's lame when you are typing captchas all day long.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 533
February 10, 2016, 03:16:36 AM
You really shouldn't be hosting a faucet. They are simply being botted 24/7, and there is very much no real traffic.

But you could implement the "anti not" buttons, but that's just a pain in the arse.

Yeah you right. Bot always have a way to rape our faucets. btw why not build a faucets like a game ? i mean like farmsatoshi.com, it's so good though. so people come to your faucets also play your game.

You're right, it is better way. But unfortunately people don't want to play intresting games, they want to get fast freebie.
this logic is 24 carrot worth..  Grin Grin poeple want easy money. that's the reason why bot's attacking our faucets. hahaha.. some people don't want to do any thing. neither solving a captcha.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
February 10, 2016, 02:48:24 AM

copper member
February 10, 2016, 02:31:01 AM

This is a good Idea.. but for making a this type of site. we need our own skills. like coding, designing and programming.. and with faucetbox we can get a ready made faucet script. thats the reason why every one can't make his own faucet.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 10, 2016, 02:13:18 AM

copper member
February 10, 2016, 01:47:33 AM

will you tell me. where can i get "anti not" bottons? and how to implement these on my faucet? faucetbox only support 4 captcha services..
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
February 09, 2016, 03:15:01 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 09, 2016, 07:04:51 AM
I read a lot of complains about recaptcha, you should try using fun captcha as I think it is stronger than Google's captcha.
But I do not think "Anti bot" is a good choice because users hate it and will abandon your faucet

I agree with you, i myself had abandoned many faucets just because of those anti bot links, sometimes they are hidden behind ads and its very hard to click them so users skip those faucets which are hard for claiming a few satoshi, and yes, fun captcha is far better then google recaptcha i guess and i see very few faucets out there use recaptcha now a days, most of them are using fun captcha.

Fun Captcha Now No More Accepting new members.. It is Request based service. when your request approved than you can use fun captcha. but nowadays. they don't approving any requests..

Oh, then you should be using solvemedia as people said in their posts, but fun captcha was a better option, you are unfortunate that they aren't accepting new requests.
copper member
February 09, 2016, 06:54:58 AM
I read a lot of complains about recaptcha, you should try using fun captcha as I think it is stronger than Google's captcha.
But I do not think "Anti bot" is a good choice because users hate it and will abandon your faucet

I agree with you, i myself had abandoned many faucets just because of those anti bot links, sometimes they are hidden behind ads and its very hard to click them so users skip those faucets which are hard for claiming a few satoshi, and yes, fun captcha is far better then google recaptcha i guess and i see very few faucets out there use recaptcha now a days, most of them are using fun captcha.

Fun Captcha Now No More Accepting new members.. It is Request based service. when your request approved than you can use fun captcha. but nowadays. they don't approving any requests..
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
February 09, 2016, 06:40:37 AM
And maybe make IP limit to prevent bot to constantly accessing your website Smiley

The problem of limiting IP is that you will be limiting access for a legit user as well instead of just bots. People that use bots to claim faucet isnt stupid to use the same IP over and over again, most people use vpn and some other tools which could enable them to change IP as many times as needed
Activity: 756
February 09, 2016, 06:40:09 AM

copper member
February 09, 2016, 05:53:33 AM
I will suggest fun captcha
You mean like those things to spin and put the wheel on a bicycle? yeah, those are fun the first time, later just annoying...
Better to use it rather than losing your money to bots Wink
Also, OP can try to use anti ad-block and anti bot script
The only downside in this i think is that the fact your server will get heavy as there are many scripts to load Sad
Now I started Using Solvemedia. some one told me that with solvemedia I can earn also.. lets see. what will happen, may be solvemedia good than recaptcha..
Thank you for your suggestions.
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
February 09, 2016, 03:03:09 AM
I will suggest fun captcha
You mean like those things to spin and put the wheel on a bicycle? yeah, those are fun the first time, later just annoying...
Better to use it rather than losing your money to bots Wink
Also, OP can try to use anti ad-block and anti bot script
The only downside in this i think is that the fact your server will get heavy as there are many scripts to load Sad
copper member
February 09, 2016, 02:54:50 AM
Hi! I think you should use:

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

This is an initial protection of your faucet as well as proxy blocking and setting 30 minutes faucet limit.

Are they compatible with faucetbox script? I am using faucetbox, faucet box only support 4 captcha services, recaptcha, solvemedia, fun captcha and areyouhuman,

Are you looking at IP address?  I'm guessing they are not using proxy thousands of times to get a profit.  Chances are blocking IP's could stop it.

That is what I would focus on is IP's.  Even if they use proxy's check and see IP to bitcoin address.  If IP enters so many address's over a certain period ban it.   So many options.

How much are you actually losing to bot activity?

I lost 12 Million Satoshi to bot activity.. That is very big loose for me as newbie in this industry.. May be I will can't able to run my faucet anymore.. I am trying hard to recover it. Lets See..
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2016, 02:44:17 AM

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

This is an initial protection of your faucet as well as proxy blocking and setting 30 minutes faucet limit.

Are they compatible with faucetbox script? I am using faucetbox, faucet box only support 4 captcha services, recaptcha, solvemedia, fun captcha and areyouhuman,

Are you looking at IP address?  I'm guessing they are not using proxy thousands of times to get a profit.  Chances are blocking IP's could stop it.

That is what I would focus on is IP's.  Even if they use proxy's check and see IP to bitcoin address.  If IP enters so many address's over a certain period ban it.   So many options.

How much are you actually losing to bot activity?
copper member
February 09, 2016, 02:32:32 AM

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
February 09, 2016, 02:27:29 AM

• Antibotlinks script
  • Bad behavior script

copper member
February 09, 2016, 01:21:55 AM
Can you give your faucet link so we can check what the problem cause balance decrease? Not detail what type of faucet script did you have

yes. It is http://bitcoinsbest.com/albitcoin
please check if you can.
Activity: 504
January 27, 2016, 10:59:23 PM
I found a great topic to prevent bots, just go to this link on micro earnings section. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stop-bots-proxies-from-using-your-faucet-1211353. and also using SolveMedia captcha is good though.
Already posted here before, please check it on last page

I think that was not bot, but the user use many IP to claim your faucet in one time, i already try to use anonymox or hola(chrome) and it's works, actually not 100% web we can use this method

Pages:
Jump to: