Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Protect my faucet site from bots? - page 3. (Read 5526 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 27, 2016, 09:00:27 PM
I found a great topic to prevent bots, just go to this link on micro earnings section. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stop-bots-proxies-from-using-your-faucet-1211353. and also using SolveMedia captcha is good though.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
January 27, 2016, 08:08:39 PM
I will suggest fun captcha
You mean like those things to spin and put the wheel on a bicycle? yeah, those are fun the first time, later just annoying...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
January 25, 2016, 10:10:03 PM
Please some one tell me how can I protect my btc faucet site from bots.. I am loosing my satoshi without traffic.

These are some methods available to solve your problem: Add a captcha, use server-side cookies, use cookies, require e-mail address, require bitcointalk account, require mobile phone or block all proxies.

As always in technology, there is more than one solution.

Asking for email, bitcointalk account, or mobile how do your verify?  Seems like someone could use dummy info and still botting.

I think making capatcha have a time limit is possibly best way.  If it has to be solved say in 30 seconds, it will be hard for a service to get it solve it and send back in that time.  But I would focus more on amount of time and fine tune it. 
Activity: 420
January 25, 2016, 09:02:32 PM
Please some one tell me how can I protect my btc faucet site from bots.. I am loosing my satoshi without traffic.

I don't know about this thing, but i think you ask this topic on micro earnings section. because i'm people there will help you about this. many faucets owner are there.
Activity: 118
Merit: 100
A Programmer
January 25, 2016, 08:50:48 PM
Do not use the words Captchas as they are easily solved by the Captcha solving service
detect your traffic if they are coming from Tor network
store your "submit" button dynamically and give them a unique name on each visitor request
might save you some from the bots
Activity: 518
January 25, 2016, 05:43:24 PM

These are some methods available to solve your problem: Add a captcha, use server-side cookies, use cookies, require e-mail address, require bitcointalk account, require mobile phone or block all proxies.

As always in technology, there is more than one solution.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
January 25, 2016, 03:51:19 PM

Add doubled captcha to prevent the faucet site from the bots. Automated bots easily clear the simple captchas easily so make some hard captcha for clearing.
legendary
January 25, 2016, 02:13:05 PM
Please put captcha on your site to prevent fraud bots.

there are service that solve captcha for you, so this is not a solution

you cna do besides adding captcha making the faucet sending money every 5 min, so they need to spend more on captcha sovler, to have the same amount of satoshi of a faucet that pay you every 1 hour

this mena that it will not worth it for them

I would think it's already not worth it.  Faucet pay's
80 Percent - 200 satoshi  - $0.0008013000
20 percent - 300 satoshi - $0.0012022800

Just a quick google it looks like your losing money.  5k solves for 7 dollars.
80 percent - 3.2052
20 percent - 1.2022

So spend 7 dollalrs and get 4.40 approx seems like crappy deal.   Only way they are making money if if it's automated and does not use human services.  And if that your talking about thousands of views and sends.   Unless someone knows some site that solves 5k for on average less than 4.40 dollars.

you did not know about this captcha solver which is cheaper $2.5 for 5k captcha, so it would be profitable

2captcha.com

You would be right then.  I have not used a bot on anything in a long time so kinda out of look on pricing. 

OP what you might do is find a way to make captcha only valid for so many seconds.  So give it 15 seconds to enter the captacha. Chances are it is not going to send to service get solved and anwser be sent back in that amount of time.

Or you need to make it where you only send to address X amount of times per hour.  Your goal is to stop basically slow it down where it's not worth botting since it appears it is profitable.   
Activity: 1036
Merit: 501
January 25, 2016, 01:05:29 PM
Add something that can't be filled in by automatic captcha services. Check a extra box before proceed and some faucets got also scammed by imacros scripts.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
January 25, 2016, 12:57:20 PM
I will suggest fun captcha
legendary
Activity: 1190
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
January 25, 2016, 12:55:49 PM
I read a lot of complains about recaptcha, you should try using fun captcha as I think it is stronger than Google's captcha.
But I do not think "Anti bot" is a good choice because users hate it and will abandon your faucet

that's one of the most common problems, web owners trend to use a very high and difficult captcha that, in the end, will scare away users from their site. Is really difficult to find a "perfect" solution, btw can you give us the link to your site? i really want to check it out.

you can find the link in his profile

@OP
I see you are using faucetbox script. Do you have latest version? Can't be your private key compromised?
try FUN captcha, I have heard it's a good bot_stopper.

Another solutions depends on your skills. Can you code? Add some button, another text to copy (check input), choose two of three pictures while one is upside down etc. 
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure
January 25, 2016, 12:35:22 PM
I read a lot of complains about recaptcha, you should try using fun captcha as I think it is stronger than Google's captcha.
But I do not think "Anti bot" is a good choice because users hate it and will abandon your faucet

that's one of the most common problems, web owners trend to use a very high and difficult captcha that, in the end, will scare away users from their site. Is really difficult to find a "perfect" solution, btw can you give us the link to your site? i really want to check it out.

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 25, 2016, 10:48:59 AM

you cna do besides adding captcha making the faucet sending money every 5 min, so they need to spend more on captcha sovler, to have the same amount of satoshi of a faucet that pay you every 1 hour

80 percent - 3.2052
20 percent - 1.2022

So spend 7 dollalrs and get 4.40 approx seems like crappy deal.   Only way they are making money if if it's automated and does not use human services.  And if that your talking about thousands of views and sends.   Unless someone knows some site that solves 5k for on average less than 4.40 dollars.

you did not know about this captcha solver which is cheaper $2.5 for 5k captcha, so it would be profitable

2captcha.com
Activity: 840
January 25, 2016, 06:10:52 AM
Most replies in this topic are correct, but there's a dedicated thread from somebody who is making an open source tool to protect faucets... There was a lot of usefull information, and a big discussion in said thread.
I'm to lazy to use the searchfunction ATM, you can either search for yourself, or i'll edit this post when i'm having more time Wink

EDIT: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stop-bots-proxies-from-using-your-faucet-1211353
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold
January 25, 2016, 06:08:36 AM
Activity: 532
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!
January 25, 2016, 05:43:51 AM

Some people do resell tokens for captcha services for lesser price, and no thats quite an unrealistic calculation you offered. You can get much more captcha solving token for lesser amounts. And some services like 9k.eu offer P2P captcha solving.
Activity: 560
January 25, 2016, 05:40:09 AM
Can you give your faucet link so we can check what the problem cause balance decrease? Not detail what type of faucet script did you have
legendary
January 25, 2016, 04:33:41 AM

80 percent - 3.2052
20 percent - 1.2022

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 25, 2016, 03:35:30 AM

copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 533
January 25, 2016, 02:23:56 AM

I am using reCaptcha service. but the problem is still alive. I think the bots cracked recaptcha. and recaptcha is no more protective.
I am apllied for funcaptcha. but My account is still pending..
will you please suggest me a good captcha service witch aprrove account imediatly?
Pages:
Jump to: