Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 44. (Read 5566 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
May 19, 2018, 07:46:04 PM

in fact the available wallet such as mew, have done a good protection and ensure that altcoin that we save must be safe, live now is whether we can keep it safe by not doing careless themselves so it can be taken. because it is usually a mistake on our own carelessness.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 19, 2018, 07:21:47 PM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?

You hold the information on USB sticks, especially if you are connected to free networks as now there are a lot of hunters. Never open the suspicious web site and the more so you do not transfer to them. Use two-factor authentication (2FA) and the most important you do not store passwords and keys on the PC.
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
May 19, 2018, 07:10:05 PM
you should use download button and you can protect them offline mode!
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
May 19, 2018, 07:01:55 PM
Using different emails and (stronger) passwords/seeds for Crypto. VMWare Workstation is free for non-commercial use. Easy to install and grab an OEM Windows ISO in case your machine is already compromised and you don't want to reinstall. Use the virtual keyboard. Good to keep private keys printed up in cold storage if not holding a Ledger/Trezor. A Linux distro is always a great option as well if you are familiar.

That a very safest way I guess mate, but for most certain cases I made my altcoin still stored at myetherwallet with private keys only. I haven't experience using windows or any wallet yet but am planning to start using it. Hopefully I will be able to have an opportunity to use ledger wallet, because that's what my friend advised me to use for my funds.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
May 19, 2018, 06:55:28 PM
if you keep altcoin in myetherwallet, you have to keep your private key. do not visit or open a site that is not clear. such as myetherwallet.wp. it is a phishing site I received from my email.

if you store altcoin in the market, use google authenticator to strengthen your security and again, do not open an obscure site.
Activity: 140
May 19, 2018, 06:51:30 PM
The only safe way to store you alts is to store them in a hardware wallet such as Ledger or Trezor. When you generate a seed using a hardware wallet it is not shared with the computer system.
Activity: 120
May 19, 2018, 05:07:03 PM
Always browse in private mode to prevent that you forget to logout from your wallet, then when you close the browser, automatically your wallet is stay safe. Sometime people forget that they have opened their wallet in browser. Then they forgot to logout from their wallet. Then, they opened some untrusted sites that might be harmful for their data on that browser.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 19, 2018, 05:01:51 PM
the most I avoid to protect the assets (altcoin) I have are:
1. do not click the link careless (feared the number of phishing links).
2. before entering a website (exchange or wallet address) which requires login with password or private key, always check the URL carefully.
3. Never give a password or private key to anyone.
Activity: 224
May 19, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
Keep your private keys secure if you are keeping in an online wallet and if you want a safe solution then better to keep in a hard wallet and be tension free from hackers because hacking from the hard wallet is much harder then normal wallet.
May 19, 2018, 04:50:14 PM
In my opinion, holding and sharing is the best way to protect your altcoin - maintain and support your coin growth. In addition, introducing the strengths and uses of the altcoin to other users will be the best and most effective way to protect altcoin from price fluctuations and fluctuations from the panic of the market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
May 19, 2018, 12:25:49 PM
Backing up your wallet and Safely keeping the private keys to your wallet is the best way to protect your token. You should avoid saving your private keys on your phone or on the internet because of the hackers which may want to steal your funds.
Activity: 852
Merit: 500
May 19, 2018, 12:06:06 PM
Using different emails and (stronger) passwords/seeds for Crypto. VMWare Workstation is free for non-commercial use. Easy to install and grab an OEM Windows ISO in case your machine is already compromised and you don't want to reinstall. Use the virtual keyboard. Good to keep private keys printed up in cold storage if not holding a Ledger/Trezor. A Linux distro is always a great option as well if you are familiar.
May 19, 2018, 12:01:04 PM
In my opinion, holding is the best way to protect your altcoin to over taking the FUDs stage and maintaining overall stability with the crypto market. In addition, you can host a community of investors to exchange, learn and share experiences to develop a community of users.
Activity: 451
May 19, 2018, 11:59:36 AM
the only mistakes we users commit is losing our private keys or accidentally gave it away or even losing the back up. You need to back it up like 10x just to make sure that your account is already safe and also don't get phished try to download the MetaCert browser extension.
Don't save private key in online cloud server, don't screenshot private key as photo and must install antivirus software, hardware wallet is best way to store our cryptocurrency, don't install unknown user cryptocurrency wallet, just always be careful
Activity: 50
May 19, 2018, 11:51:14 AM
the only mistakes we users commit is losing our private keys or accidentally gave it away or even losing the back up. You need to back it up like 10x just to make sure that your account is already safe and also don't get phished try to download the MetaCert browser extension.
Activity: 294
May 19, 2018, 11:20:57 AM
I think you should be careful if you have a crypto coin and Use a hardware wallet if you have it and if it supports cryptocurrency you have. I guarantee it will be safe and protected from theft.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
May 19, 2018, 11:18:49 AM
Probably the main thing that I can really advise is that today you need to be more careful, because many hackers today rely on your inattention, because thanks to it you can not notice simple things.
Activity: 476
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
May 19, 2018, 11:13:35 AM
Ensure tgat your private key is well guided and protected. Don't expose your wallet private key to hackers by using it to sign in to your wallet. Myetherwallet is very good and secure if you can keep your private key secret.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
May 19, 2018, 11:02:02 AM
If you're wallet never sync before , there are "Out of Sync" with red color in your wallet. We already know if you want to sync Bitcoin Wallet you need more than a day to sync entire blockchain network (more than 50 MB i think) , but for Altcoin Wallet you only need a few MB for sync your wallet and it takes 3 - 10 min depends on your internet speed because the blockchain hasn't complex yet.
Activity: 196
May 19, 2018, 10:58:09 AM
If I understand your question very well it's about how to keep tokens secure....  First and mostly important you must keep your private keys safe where nobody have access to it and back up your keystore. Saving your private keys on your computer or phone isn't the best option, make a hard copy of it and keep it safe.
Secondly don't enter your private Key on insecure sites or malicious link because if you do you'll lose all your tokens and nobody would be responsible for that .
Finally guide against recklessness in handling your wallet,  don't share your phone or computer, they might export your private keys to their devices
Pages:
Jump to: