Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 48. (Read 5566 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 3
April 27, 2018, 01:23:38 PM
I would say using hardware wallets like Ledger Nano, TREZOR or KeepKey. The private key never really leaves the device when conducting transactions and checking balances, so you are safe there. There is also protection if you get your device stolen, because (I think that is the case with Ledger) when a thief enters a wrong PIN several times, the whole contents of the device self destruct and you can get your assets back with redeeming them with 24 words backup phrase. But you have to keep that list of words somewhere safe. For maximum security I would suggest a hardware wallet within a guarded bank safe to which you only have access. I would also suggest spreading assets across many wallets if you can afford that. Other than hardware wallets, paper wallets (cold storage) can be a sufficient alternative. But do mind that if you get those stolen, everyone can retrieve your assets, because your private key is not protected. They are useful for smaller amounts of tokens/coins.
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
April 27, 2018, 12:00:10 PM
With the recent hack in myetherwallet,it is important to take security very seriously,what I do is to secure my tokens in a wallet that doesn't even have a website to hack,like eidoo and imtoken.
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
April 27, 2018, 11:42:23 AM
And Clear all the history on your computer every week or so. This will higher your chances that you aren't getting phished or key logged. I would also invest in anti-virus as well as hardware wallets that disconnect your private keys from your computer. Having all these things should be ample for security.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
April 27, 2018, 11:40:46 AM
it is a question of all altcoin holders who keep it in their wallets, moreover there are still many cases of fraud and data theft causing the loss, I personally only limited to maintain internet connection and alert with the domain and address used
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 11:39:22 AM
The only safe way to store you alts is to store them in a hardware wallet such as Ledger or Trezor. When you generate a seed using a hardware wallet it is not shared with the computer system and hence even if your computer is having any kind of malware or virus, the seed can never be compromised.

Yes don't believe any exchanges if you can buy hardware wallet and store your all altcoins, nowadays we can't give any assurance that which site legit and which is not so don't take the risk, just invest a small amount and secure your coins.
Activity: 252
Merit: 16
April 27, 2018, 11:28:28 AM
The only safe way to store you alts is to store them in a hardware wallet such as Ledger or Trezor. When you generate a seed using a hardware wallet it is not shared with the computer system and hence even if your computer is having any kind of malware or virus, the seed can never be compromised.
Activity: 77
April 27, 2018, 11:27:36 AM
Save your money at different wallet.
Proper security to your emails and desktop. Make habits to save in your exchange wallet then it may redice 20% of the threat.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
April 27, 2018, 11:27:16 AM
Keep them in a cold wallet. The main thing is not using cloud services to store passwords, they are often hacked. Also it is necessary to not  store your coins on stock exchanges.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
April 27, 2018, 11:24:42 AM
I will use everything to protect my altcoins.
As I know, my friends told me to don't use exchange wallet. Yes it's true, many of exchange have a problem with hacking..
So I decided to use cold storage wallet and ledger wallet (This wallet have many altcoins option).

to complete the above comment
Moreover use the Coinnomi wallet-bitcoin and altcoin, Airbitz - bitcoin, Jaxx - bitcoin and altcoin, mycelium - bitcoin. this is for type mobile wallet and desktop. Fill free to use it. And remember to use a strong password/paraphrase.
 Wink Wink Cheesy
thanks for complete my comment. By the way, what kind of storage you use?(if you don't mind). And what your opinion is better storage ?
t39
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
April 25, 2018, 11:39:36 AM
All exchanges and wallets claim that they take security very seriously and implement all the necessary security technologies to prevent violations and unauthorized access. Don't believe those words. Such companies are not banks, they often do not have the same level of security. And even banks are often robbed. It is better to keep altcoins in hardware wallet.
Activity: 585
Merit: 110
April 24, 2018, 02:31:57 PM
never trust anyone with your private key
never send your crypto to anyone providing good to be true offer as they are mostly scammers
always keep multiple backups of your private keys in safe places
double check the address before sending any funds
Activity: 252
April 23, 2018, 04:38:58 PM
The best means of protection is strong passwords. As well as accuracy and caution in dealing with the crypt, do not store passwords on your computer and to disclose information about your wallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
April 23, 2018, 04:33:01 PM
You need to be very careful with what sites you visit, especially not to leave anywhere an address and the more so the password from your wallet..
Activity: 129
April 23, 2018, 04:03:05 PM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?
I suggest you to use these  wallet

myetherwallet
trezor
metamask

Because it will give us  freedom and reliable without hardworking. You can research on these wallet
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
April 23, 2018, 03:51:38 PM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?

If you own a large number of altcoins, then it is not always practical to install desktop wallets for all of them. So most probably you will be keeping them in the exchange wallets. So there is a limit to the security precautions which we can take. Just enable 2FA and email authentication, and keep away from exchanges with dubious record.

I don't know how to protect a coin but i had some ideas to make safer altcoin most important thing is split your altcoins into parts this is the best way to safe your altcoins without hiding .
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 03:47:25 PM
The best way to protect altcoin
1.Don't save private key in your PC
2.Use highly secure offline hardware wallet
3.Check first then enter the link
You have to be careful because everyday many wallet has been hacked by different way so we have to be very careful about these. 
Activity: 194
Merit: 2
April 23, 2018, 03:12:14 PM
Protect your password.
Cold storage is better .. use USB or paper wallet
Activity: 156
Merit: 11
April 23, 2018, 04:04:33 AM
There are several web browsers that offer better privacy than the standard browsers that mainstream use. The Brave browser source is a great tool for blocking ads and tracking applications. The platform also uses bitcoin incentives to create a better experience. Other browsers recommended for privacy are Mozilla Firefox provides confidentiality and security that is focused on extensions. If someone wants to be more anonymous, he can use Tor. Tor is a solid option that hides IPs, proxy obfuscates and encrypts certain aspects of the browsing experience. In addition to adding privacy, Tor allows users to browse sites that are not indexed by Google and traditional browsers.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
April 23, 2018, 04:00:21 AM
we as a person who owns altcoin and holds altcoin in the wallet should always keep the passkey unknown to others and not trapped, I think that's one way to secure our account
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Presale Starting May 1st
April 23, 2018, 02:45:43 AM
Security is the most important thing when working with crypto.  Do not store keys in accessible places, that is on a computer.  Better on a flash drive and on paper to write down, and there are still cold wallets.  I myself use Metamask and others .
If you want to encode and put hide in plain sight, hackers are smart guys, and if just stored on the computer that it's dangerous, but if it is good to encrypt your key is not one hacker in the world gets to your personal data.
Pages:
Jump to: