Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect yourself and others from scammers? - page 6. (Read 921 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
In my opinion, if you are not enough knowledge and experience, you can choose the projects which have gotten a good amount of fund in softcap.
Activity: 770
avoid scammers certainly should be more clever than the fraudster. When he provides false then the project must know the indication that the project is indeed a scam. When the find project scam is certainly at least learn what makes this into a scam and will definitely be learned from several factors. by learning from experience I think would be more able to see the results.
Activity: 128
Merit: 1
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

Honestly that is not too hard in my opinion. You can chech team investors and whitepaper firstly. and if you have a experience about icos you can realise these scam ones easly. maybe the more good answer is you need to search about good icos websites. and after some time you can automatically realise the scam websites. they are smelling like a scam..
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
Identifying scam projects can be the hardest thing to do. Do more we try to identify them, the more they also device new means to remain hidden. You just have to keep trying until you are able to do it perfectly well and ensure to invest just what you can afford to loose.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
The most important thing is not to trust the new coins and ICO. You need to carefully choose the coins for investment. Because there are a lot of them but very few quality ones.
Activity: 350
The first and foremost that comes to my mind is what they promise. There is nothing like being rich overnight. So you need to look for unrealistic claims and what the project white paper presents. Most of the times we fall for these fake promises. Anything that looks too good to be true, is suspicious in crypto.
not only in the cryptocurrency world i may say taht if something looks so temptating in the real world it can be a trap as well
in fact, Each of us wants to believe in positive changes in the cryptocurrency market, since we are already accustomed to a serious result of our activity in the cryptocurrency business. But apparently the big whales, who manipulate the market, have very different plans.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Good Morning
The first and foremost that comes to my mind is what they promise. There is nothing like being rich overnight. So you need to look for unrealistic claims and what the project white paper presents. Most of the times we fall for these fake promises. Anything that looks too good to be true, is suspicious in crypto.
not only in the cryptocurrency world i may say taht if something looks so temptating in the real world it can be a trap as well
Activity: 462
Good Morning
Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.
i think it comes with the experience and you need to know the facts that can protect ypu from scammers but it comes with time
Activity: 533
I only use my computer at home and never take it anywhere. Also I do not use an email for all exchange accounts. And email always protects 2 layers similar to the exchange account
Activity: 224
You can probably protect yourself from scammers just by being very careful and attentive. You need to carefully monitor your actions in order not to fall into the trap. And let others worry for themselves, you can not control someone
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
Hello everybody .

I guess on of the best thing to do to minimize getting scammed is not to rush in investing. Do not buy into hype and always make sure you understand the basics of a certain project before making a decision.
Spending time to research further about the project also can minimize us on possible scam project. That's the reason now that many investors afraid to invest due to many cases of scam from different emerging ICO's every day. So, to make a long story short it depends on your hand and decision to have a good investment in ICO not to fall in the scam project.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
Hello everybody .

I guess on of the best thing to do to minimize getting scammed is not to rush in investing. Do not buy into hype and always make sure you understand the basics of a certain project before making a decision.
Activity: 304
What I do is that I look for team at first. I try to look into their profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to know about the authenticity of the team. There is a probable chance that you might find something fishy. Always look for all the team members.

Second look for the partners and the media mentions. I usually go with one which has a few media mentions plus some recognized partners.

Then take help from rating websites. Look for 3-4 ratings and then plan accordingly.
Activity: 159
Merit: 2
It is very difficult to see cheaters especially now, when so much of ICO, I myself have many times got them and I paid nothing, and the ICO lost their money. It is necessary as often as possible to detect fraud and tell everyone about them, then it will be harder to create new fraud project.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Most expecially in cryptocurrency you alway's need to be vigilant of scammers that goes around asking for eth for ico before you invest in any projects you need to make a lot of research first.
Activity: 308
Hello everybody .

There is no way to determine a scammers but there are ways on how you can avoid I will list some that can help you to avoid it.

1. Check the cpin allocation for the campaign and it started already check how much did they reached already it is very important that you know and check so that you will determine if they will reached the amount goal if they will not reached they only pay with small amount, but if they reached they will pay you big amount.
2. Read their whitepaper. You need to read their white paper to know what is their goal in doin the project.
3. Check their website. To know all the information about tbe project.
4. Check their rating so you will also see the review about them also what they can do.
5. Check the members. Check their member so you know if the bounty manager has done a project already and to know if they have a good members.
6. Lastly check their timeline to know if they are doing their project accordingly to their written timeline.

This is how I check some ICOs.

And if you want to invest in some altcoin check first the review on the altcoin so that you will know if the price is good when it pumps.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
Check out the scam accusation section of this forum, there are threads there which ICO teams are caught with fake team members. The profiles they created are all fake and those who accused them knew how to identify the fake ones.

Take a look at these threads:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/playchain-zerochainnetwork-suspicious-icosfake-team-5041112
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-exchange-ico-coinmonkey-used-fake-team-4996259
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-exspace-ico-fake-team-ponzi-scheme-5041209
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-realive-ico-fake-team-self-admitted-scammer-5040598

There are more of these threads, you'll see how the OP saw them by just uploading the photos of a team member on google. Once you knew how to identify, you can then protect yourself and others.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 251
if you are not smart to research it, maybe you can only participate in gifts that are managed by managers who have a good and trusted reputation. so you don't waste time researching, but all that remains at risk, whether a scam or failing to reach the target.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
As a bounty hunter, you can choose a fairly simple way. It is necessary to study those managers who will never consciously support fraudulent projects. For example, Amazix (bounties.biz) and btcltcdigger (t.me/CSBounty) explicitly state that they do not cooperate with scammers.
There are also resources that have chosen only high-quality projects for investing. Unfortunately, since spring I have not followed this, and I will not give an example.
Activity: 284
Use common sense and do your research if you are investing.  Not much different than you need to do in any other investment you make in life.
Pages:
Jump to: