Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect yourself and others from scammers? - page 7. (Read 921 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

I would not say is more difficult. There are quite a few tools that will allow you to validate the team and from that it is up to your own knowledge to understand if that is a team than can make the project a reality.
Activity: 721
Merit: 100
Before I joined a campaign, the first thing I did was find out about projects in searches like ICOholder and Icobench. Read more about white paper information, site statistics, teams in the project.
see how many participants joined the campaign.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
it is not so hard to stay safe. you should ignore what people say, and make your own search. you should be careful about especially teams. you should search about each team member and their past. if you can get enough clear information about them, you can decide to invest or not to invest.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
What about me I thorougly explore social medias and search for fotos of a team of the project, especially fotos from different events. So I find out that the people ae real and they promote their project and work on a it. Besides I examine the document of the project to be sure that it's not a scam
Activity: 462
Well in now days the security is getting more tight for the scsmmers but scammers are improving and for me its so hard to determine because they are a like on those promoters and supporters that our legit. And my only solution is stay always to the people who our famous innthe market,community that prove themselves that they our legit. Dont aim that you can gain more profit.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
Scammers are very distinguishable and lets not forget that crypto currencies are almost 90% fraud than the legit one so you can spot the difference very easily. you dont really have to look for the scams but mostly the legit one so that you can get idea of it. Well, nonetheless I would really see a scammers as they are posing very very frank and legit about their projects and might be overacting about the whole scene. A legit project never approaches you first, what approaches you is the scammers. Because they are always desperate for the easy money and thus they will make mistakes of approaching first, asking nicely for the keys, files and personal info etc.
Activity: 406
Hello everybody .
 Tell us, how do you recognize the scammers? I've met a lot of fraudulent projects and I can say that I learned by bitter experience, but every day it's more difficult to distinguish a good project from scammers.We do not want to lose our money and do not waste time in the empty, participating in the companies bounty.

You have to check every team member to become sure about reliability of the project. Fake linkedin pages are easy to check. In the same time, you need to ask team member about his participation. Once upon a tme, I wrote CEO of the ICO and he did not know a thing about his participation.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
The first and foremost that comes to my mind is what they promise. There is nothing like being rich overnight. So you need to look for unrealistic claims and what the project white paper presents. Most of the times we fall for these fake promises. Anything that looks too good to be true, is suspicious in crypto.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
when I take part in a project, I focus on their teams and advisor. I will search profile of them on linkedin. This is very important. Project is made by them and we have to know Who are they  ? and are they reliable ?. But carefully , some scam could fake profile and we must clearheaded.

iBlockchain is working with DeutscheBank, BlackRock Financial, and Digital Currency Group to create a fully transparent crypto fund that will post weekly ROI. With accredited investors from 7 countries, we are looking to buy out low-cap altcoins on 1-2 small exchanges so we can trigger a massive price rise. - t.me/iblockchainglobal

The Telegram channel you link to stinks of complete scam.
Activity: 294
Hello everybody .

I think that it would be extremely easy for the whole community to define scammer if every team member of every project would have to pass KYC procedure. Today there are cases, when idenity of CEO is used without his permission and KYC will help to find it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
To protect yourself from scammers, you need at least a little to understand the topic of cryptocurrency and see the pitfalls. No one will give a 100% guarantee.
Activity: 434
The key to identifying most scams is in the information about the people behind the project. Most scammers fear being caught so they invent fake personas for all the people alleged to be part of the project. I have seen them get pretty sophisticated in their attempts to create fake profiles. I check LinkedIn profiles and look for signs that the profile has been manufactured.
yex there is truth in it and i think tjat we need to look for such people in a more active way as their number is growing
Activity: 434
Hello everybody .
this is a very hard question to answer in my opinion we can pay attention and prote t our computers and gadgets
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
when I take part in a project, I focus on their teams and advisor. I will search profile of them on linkedin. This is very important. Project is made by them and we have to know Who are they  ? and are they reliable ?. But carefully , some scam could fake profile and we must clearheaded.

iBlockchain is working with DeutscheBank, BlackRock Financial, and Digital Currency Group to create a fully transparent crypto fund that will post weekly ROI. With accredited investors from 7 countries, we are looking to buy out low-cap altcoins on 1-2 small exchanges so we can trigger a massive price rise. - t.me/iblockchainglobal
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
The key to identifying most scams is in the information about the people behind the project. Most scammers fear being caught so they invent fake personas for all the people alleged to be part of the project. I have seen them get pretty sophisticated in their attempts to create fake profiles. I check LinkedIn profiles and look for signs that the profile has been manufactured.
Activity: 448
Merit: 137
what i do before i invest in any project

1. Check team and find about them and check their partners.
2. Read whitepaper
3. Check their stats on websites like ICOdrops and ICobench
4. Then check their telegram group and talk to them.

Then i invest
Activity: 378
Hello everybody .
The best method to protect yourself against from scammers is to increase your knowledge about this technology and never invest or suggest if your not sure about the project and the team. You can research on the web and follow their project promotions and exposure as those legit projects will join and participate in a ICOs events. Don't in hurry to invest, they can wait if they are legit and don't take seriously on big bonus in the early stage.
Activity: 378
There is no universal solution, but you should pay attention to the summits and conferences that team is going to visit. There is a full list of fake blockchain events somewhere in the web, and if your potential investment team visit it, you may be sure that they are fake.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 500
Hello everybody .
If you want to invest in cryptocurrency, risk and profit coexist. Don't complain. More careful investigation of the project can reduce the risk of being cheated.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
I am sure there have been a plethora of identical or at least similar questions than this one before, so sometimes its useful to reach for a search button. But yes, you cant never be completely certain about the project and its legitimacy, just try to do as much research as you are able to do and combine the findings with findings of other potential investors. If there are major red flags, avoid the project at all costs.
Pages:
Jump to: