Pages:
Author

Topic: How to regulate crypto? - page 3. (Read 676 times)

Activity: 566
Merit: 102
August 04, 2018, 01:34:01 AM
I don't think that it is proper to regulate bitcoin/crypto. I would like to refer to my opinion including but not limited to things you want to voice out. Well, I think if cryptocurrency will be regulated and its implementation would suffice this very day, then all of us in all of a sudden will be outmembered since the government would use this in their own proliferation of money. And I think it will be the best way to get doomed by this poverty. I would like to give everybody a chance by just joining campaign they're helping poor people like us, by just staking/mining/investing. One more thing, regulation means implementation of strict rules that any one cannot be given a guaranteed to join.
Look we need to understand something very important here. I know you and many others do have reservations for legalization of bitcoin. But don’t you think when bitcoin would be accepted and get into legislation for legalization, there would be a proper interference of citizens too. Our politicians can never only think about themselves. They must consider our point of view as well, so things would become fine then.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
August 02, 2018, 08:27:14 AM
I don't think that it is proper to regulate bitcoin/crypto. I would like to refer to my opinion including but not limited to things you want to voice out. Well, I think if cryptocurrency will be regulated and its implementation would suffice this very day, then all of us in all of a sudden will be outmembered since the government would use this in their own proliferation of money. And I think it will be the best way to get doomed by this poverty. I would like to give everybody a chance by just joining campaign they're helping poor people like us, by just staking/mining/investing. One more thing, regulation means implementation of strict rules that any one cannot be given a guaranteed to join.
xTz
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
July 09, 2018, 11:47:02 AM
Regulation can add stability to price, also will bring new money into the market.
So to me is good to regulate exchanges.
What i do not want, to pay taxes/fees for bitcoin.
For me is absurd to pay taxes just because i bought bitcoins. I see bitcoin as a currency more then i see it as a store of value.
Is like i exchange dollars into my fiat national currency and i have to pay taxes. Since bitcoin is not a commodity nor a business organisation, i do not want to pay taxes just because i own it.
A really good regulation i would like to impose limits in trading, so whales and market manipulators cannot manipulate prices. If individuals have a daily limit for how much they can buy or sell, is good from my view.
Activity: 351
Merit: 10
July 09, 2018, 11:42:06 AM
Crypto is a commodity, it needs more settings, users will be better protected and feel safe with the investment made. In addition, this could be an opportunity for the cryptocurrency market to develop in a better direction
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
July 09, 2018, 11:26:46 AM
This decentralized crypto is meant to have a market of its own. If the critic becomes centered then it will affect the market and the price of Bitcoin itself. I think with the existence of the regulation of the government it will not affect the interest of adoption of the people on a large scale, the government only want to closely monitor the usage of this crypto, as well as the transactions that are going on in this crypto world.
Activity: 116
July 09, 2018, 11:11:00 AM
Yes because it would increase the flow of institutional capital into cryptocurrency markets. And that would further strengthen corporate governance in cryptocurrency companies.The trick for regulators is to balance investor protection and systemic stability with the need to protect innovation and encourage capital formation in different legal systems.
Activity: 179
Merit: 1
June 23, 2018, 01:49:40 PM
I'm sure the crypto's people are trying to control it. They are trying to bring it into law and the crypto rules are more controletive.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
June 23, 2018, 12:02:45 PM
Do we need to regulate crypto so that more countries will  allow it?
Regulation means losing control as government will put centralization measures over it's use and cryptos will losse their unique feature of decentralization and volatility will reduce so as the growth of coins and price hypes.Countries need to promote blockchain technology with them and can have a taxation scheme on its income.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 23, 2018, 10:05:14 AM
I don't think crypto should be regulated at all. Finally, we have a tool that can make these regulations, tariffs and taxes obsolete and expose how useless and harmful they are.
Activity: 210
June 23, 2018, 07:51:06 AM
We really need to regulate crypto because it will not be far that crypto will invade countries, and so that other countries will not be left behind digital currencies through advance technology.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
June 23, 2018, 07:37:01 AM
It is very difficult to regulate cryptocurrencies. Many people think that because cryptocurrencies are decentralised they cannot be regulated. That's obviously false. Although governments can't block certain transactions, they can still control exchanges which allow to sell Bitcoin for fiat. Regulations are needed if we want to attract more investors. Cryptocurrencies are really powerful and have a lot of potential but there is a lot of uncertainity about their future. Governments should regulate them as soon as possible.

I agree with you. Many businessmen avoid dealing with crypto currencies exactly because the legal status of those currencies is ambiguous. They don't even consider dealing with something which can be called illegal, and if you have a flourishing business that's understandable. Therefore, it is impossible to over-estimate the importance of such regulations for wider crypto adoption. There are millions of law-abiding businessmen who are ready to jump in at any moment.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
June 23, 2018, 07:09:28 AM
I am absolutely sure that the crypto industry need to be regulated. It need to organize  special organization(s) which has to control market and all participants and, of course, we must have logical and convenient rules to evolve the crypto industry. I mean something like CFTC.
very difficult if we have to set crypto without having anything and we also have to clear what kind of order for many countries that legalize bitcoin because we know the author alone is pretty much deficient in this case...
Activity: 112
Merit: 5
June 23, 2018, 07:00:09 AM
Crypto does need regulation. Price manipulation, ICO scams, etc. give crypto a bad name and I believe many people are afraid to enter. With regulation, I think mass adoption is only a matter of time.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
June 23, 2018, 06:05:19 AM
Do we need to regulate crypto so that more countries will  allow it?
Who is doing the regulation? Is it not each country that will deem it fit to come with some regulatory policies? The way you are asking it like there is going to be one single body regulation for cryptocurrency. Regulation by most countries will actually bring some good growth for the space and there is no doubt about that. The most important thing is to understand that a lot of things will change which to me will still be for the positive.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
June 23, 2018, 12:08:11 AM
I am absolutely sure that the crypto industry need to be regulated. It need to organize  special organization(s) which has to control market and all participants and, of course, we must have logical and convenient rules to evolve the crypto industry. I mean something like CFTC.

Regulations cannot stand if we use decentralized cryptocurrency so it needs to have centralize coin first before making a rules and regulation about cryptocurrency,perhaps it is very difficult to monitor decentralized coin, and if we notice of some centralize coin are almost have no value, so it means these will not hit the market, then why we need to go to centralize crypto if this is not demand by the market.
That is being formulated by the government how to make crypto users can be controlled while decentralization on crypto can not be removed from the inside, maybe we will find a verification system of data in the wallet or exchange so that the government knows our identity
copper member
Activity: 28
Blockchain and Art
June 22, 2018, 06:51:10 PM
Now that ethereum and bitcoin are not securities, how do you regulate this market?
Activity: 476
June 22, 2018, 05:41:44 PM
I think there needs to be a crypto bond and state, where the state gets the result of crypto. it aims to maintain the crypto and convince investors.
Exactly we should increase the mountain of investors too high by supporting bitcoin and asking more people to buy and hold bitcoin for long term, bitcoin regulation needs government involvements so if our government will start supporting bitcoin it will  be no longer illegal or irregular as almost every country is now supporting bitcoin for being best investment ever.
Activity: 602
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
June 22, 2018, 12:22:53 AM
If as a user it may be very difficult to make a belief in the government to immediately formalize it because the impact will be generated from the currency crypto is also very large, especially against the condition of a future country.When the government can not make a wise rule against the crypto.
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
June 21, 2018, 05:21:38 PM
There should be no regulation of cryptocurrency or it should be very superficial. In another case, it will completely change all the principles of the cryptocurrency economy.
Activity: 132
Merit: 12
June 21, 2018, 04:46:29 PM
It is very difficult to regulate cryptocurrencies. Many people think that because cryptocurrencies are decentralised they cannot be regulated. That's obviously false. Although governments can't block certain transactions, they can still control exchanges which allow to sell Bitcoin for fiat. Regulations are needed if we want to attract more investors. Cryptocurrencies are really powerful and have a lot of potential but there is a lot of uncertainity about their future. Governments should regulate them as soon as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: