Pages:
Author

Topic: ? How To Respond To Someone Who Is Anti Bitcoin ? - page 2. (Read 3561 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
The best way to 'defend' bitcoin in times when you have to talk to people about it is to be quite knowledgeable about BTC yourself.
If people will throw at you some stupid arguments like, for example: bitcoin is a Ponzi - you have to know how Ponzi scheme works, explain difference, between Ponzi and Bitcoin's network etc.

Usually people who are anti bitcoin, have no idea what they are talking about. They repeat headlines of stupid media coverage heard somewhere.
Any logical arguments presented with confidence and logic is usually end of discussion.
You have mentioned it all. The best way is to explain them by giving them a brief of the claims they make.

Even gold is smuggled but still people never blame the metal and same goes with bitcoins. When we buy gold, there is no ID proof required and hence it's as good as gold if we compare the two. Media just wants to destroy the name of bitcoins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
If you tell someone about Bitcoin and they are against it then it is best not to argue and let them believe what they want to believe as they will probably see later that they were wrong.  I do not get into Bitcoin discussion these days except with people in the tech industry that can understand.  You will wear yourself out trying to convince naysayers so it is a waste of time.  If someone is on the fence about Bitcoin I encourage them to start reading and researching.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
I don't do anything than showing some charts!
For instance although the price has crashed in 2014 and had been stagnant in the low 200s for a long time in 2015 the number of transactions went up constantly!!
And now I just show the price movement since end of last year.
That's all you need to do! Wink
Activity: 770
Bazinga!
Best thing to respond for me is explaining them how and what bitcoin helps us gaving them a best idea to earn money on bitcoins will get them interested to it.
yeah though i doubt that they would get interested if they are against bitcoin, i would just ignore them and thats it

that is true although it depends on why they are against bitcoin.
becasue sometimes someone is against bitcoin because he might be scammed or have a bad experience or even have read some FUD about it. so if you have the knowledge you should help him understand his wrong ways.
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
What is the best way to respond to someone who is anti bitcoin?

Laughter, then pity. Or pity, then laughter.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
The best way to 'defend' bitcoin in times when you have to talk to people about it is to be quite knowledgeable about BTC yourself.
If people will throw at you some stupid arguments like, for example: bitcoin is a Ponzi - you have to know how Ponzi scheme works, explain difference, between Ponzi and Bitcoin's network etc.

Usually people who are anti bitcoin, have no idea what they are talking about. They repeat headlines of stupid media coverage heard somewhere.
Any logical arguments presented with confidence and logic is usually end of discussion.

Untrue. Far more *totally clueless* people on this forum than, say, r/buttcoin on reddit. And not just about bitcoin, but clueless about actual money.
I am not talking about competence of people nor I am trying to say/prove that everyone from Bitcointalk is totally skilled and knows everything about Bitcoin - that is simply not true.
What I am trying to say is: when you need to convey your logic about bitcoin to convince someone you NEED to be at least more knowledgeable that him.
In every topic: economy, bitcoin legal status, bitcoin history and principles of bitcoin network.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Best thing to respond for me is explaining them how and what bitcoin helps us gaving them a best idea to earn money on bitcoins will get them interested to it.
yeah though i doubt that they would get interested if they are against bitcoin, i would just ignore them and thats it
Activity: 658
Activity: 574
just ignore them,people with such thinking has been brainwashed by themselves cause they're such a denial person,explain bitcoin to them is such a waste time cause they just consider its as a bullshit even you're honest,bitcoin still alive without them tho

Yeah, I doubt you'll change their minds however you try to explain bitcoin to them. Some people just want to watch the world burn. They can't be bullied, bought or reasoned with.

Bitcoin will still be functional with these haters, and without these haters. They don't matter to us.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
What is the best way to respond to someone who is anti bitcoin?

Never met anyone that was anti bitcoin, but probably best to avoid this person. It's okay to introduce people to bitcoin, but haters gonna hate.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
We cannot please everyone to like bitcoin as they have their own belief. i will just ignore them, its useless to spoke with someone if they only contradicts what i want to explain.

I will not entertain them, like you that you have to ignore them. Its a waste of time and effort explaining to them but they didn't want to listen or not even an open minded person where he is open to your or my ideas.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
We cannot please everyone to like bitcoin as they have their own belief. i will just ignore them, its useless to spoke with someone if they only contradicts what i want to explain.
Activity: 575
someone is against bitcoin as they do not know about bitcoin or they have their own cryptocurrency to promote, so those people who have their own crypto currency it is impossible to redirect them to there or they will have their coins for the profit in future but hidden from public, and those who do not know about it, we should have to work hard to teach them about it.
Activity: 770
we should not have to harsh to them, as it is not good manner, but we should have to show them that how much we are benefiting with bitcoin, and have to show them that how easy is it to earn and to use, and I think with that they will start to use bitcoin.
well not all the people are benefiting out of bitcoins as there are some traders who lose money because of trading bitcoins at incorrect time so that would be kinda lie i think

i wouldnt tell them anything in my opinion, they would see what they missed when bitcoin became a world known currency that people will use all over the world daily
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold
You do not have to respond. leave him saying whatever he wants. all what he says can be applied on fiat nowadays. ie you can say it is also not a real money and it is used by terrorists and criminals as well. so there is no point from these accusations
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
just ignore them,people with such thinking has been brainwashed by themselves cause they're such a denial person,explain bitcoin to them is such a waste time cause they just consider its as a bullshit even you're honest,bitcoin still alive without them tho
It's not true as bitcoins are used for criminal activities and time and again, it has been proved.
There are so many users on this forum who are scammers and frauds and it's mainly the people who deal with bitcoins who turn out to be criminals.

It's not the currencies fault but it's the truth because bitcoins can be owned by just anyone. These people don't even have a bank account or any payment processor that requires an ID proof and hence people who are anti-bitcoin have their own valid reasons.
Activity: 644
we should not have to harsh to them, as it is not good manner, but we should have to show them that how much we are benefiting with bitcoin, and have to show them that how easy is it to earn and to use, and I think with that they will start to use bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Who cares about them, they are probably just trendy mindless people who cant have a rational conversation about bitcoin with them.

They dont understand economics, finance, the monetary system? Why bother to convert them when they are that stupid?

They just go with the herd and have no sense of individuality.
Wow, couldn't have thought to put it any better way, but so True.

Just don't bother with them if they just don't understand money at all.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
i think you should just say them that the fiat is actually worthless and they will be broke soon
Worthless, huh? Well goodluck with that buddy. I don't see that you're going to win an argument with that statement because that's just very, very foolish.

The proper way to respond to someone who is anti-bitcoin is to leave them alone. Don't fall prey to their provocations and let them be jelous of you earning profits from bitcoins.
mkc
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
I choose not to argue with people who are arrogant and not willing to listen or debate on a topic. If they are just being negative about bitcoins, there could be ways to deal with them and unless bitcoins aren't banned in your country, you can still tell the ones who are anti-bitcoins that the currency is yet not ILLEGAL. It may be misused just like other currencies and people exist who exploit everything that has no trace eg: bitcoins and because of them, the currency is blamed.

True, there are some folks the argue for the sake of argument, they will never change their view of the topic even they lose the debate.
Pages:
Jump to: