Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 142. (Read 173056 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 255
The first thing is to find something else to do. Go play sports or something, if you find a other hobby it will help you stop thinking about gambling. If that does not work let a family member or your partner manage your money so you cannot go gambling.
yes, I think it's a pretty good tips.
perhaps by exercising and seek another hobby can help you forget about gambling. or you can try to play trading, it was like a gamble but it's not gambling.

exercising and other hobbies do not take much time, so it will still make you reconsider gambling when you are at home.
I agree to trade, because it can take up quite a long time to continuously monitor and analyze the price. so you can be a slightly forgotten for gambling
busy your self to your job, or playing sports you want.. #1 family i think is the best way bond with them focus with them, nothings impossible if you believe in your self Smiley

Yup nothing is impossible with a person who really isn't addicted but if a person really is addicted to gambling then that is a big issue,

But perhaps it may consider doing other things that is not risky but earn money like a job perhaps is better.
Yeah i think better to go in psychiatrist before doing some solution for your addiction.. and i think psychiatrist can give more solution about our addiction but some other suggestion here it can help but its the best if you go first in psychiatrist to checkup and ask for the solution..
Also one need a strong will to stay away from gambling. I have also an experience of betting all my money in gambling and when I thought to stop gambling, I just stopped. You don't need any psychiatrist or whatever, just find an inspiration that will make a reason for you to stop gambling.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
The first thing is to find something else to do. Go play sports or something, if you find a other hobby it will help you stop thinking about gambling. If that does not work let a family member or your partner manage your money so you cannot go gambling.
perhaps by exercising and seek another hobby can help you forget about gambling. or you can try to play trading, it was like a gamble but it's not gambling.

exercising and other hobbies do not take much time, so it will still make you reconsider gambling when you are at home.
I agree to trade, because it can take up quite a long time to continuously monitor and analyze the price. so you can be a slightly forgotten for gambling
busy your self to your job, or playing sports you want.. #1 family i think is the best way bond with them focus with them, nothings impossible if you believe in your self Smiley

Yup nothing is impossible with a person who really isn't addicted but if a person really is addicted to gambling then that is a big issue,

But perhaps it may consider doing other things that is not risky but earn money like a job perhaps is better.
Yeah i think better to go in psychiatrist before doing some solution for your addiction.. and i think psychiatrist can give more solution about our addiction but some other suggestion here it can help but its the best if you go first in psychiatrist to checkup and ask for the solution..
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
Activity: 266
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Power The world for FREE!
giving up an addiction depends on the level of the addiction. for some people they can just stop it if it is in its early stages and not so serious , for others doing some activity like going out and doing a hobby will help and for the serious problems they should seek professional help or some sort of counseling

I will agree on this one. At first, your gambling addiction is like a small plant that you can easily pull out or stop anytime. Then you continue gambling and the plant grows. You continue to water that gambling addiction of yours and you'd notice that the small plant is now a tree. It will be so hard to pull. There's no way pulling out all of its roots at once.
there is always a solution to any problem and now our problem is addiction to gambling maybe is now really hard to stop but it isn't impossible if the gambler want to stop he will stop but he need to be strong and control him self the first periode will be hard but then he will forget about gambling and for that he need time with out playing anythink he need to find somethink that can keep him away from gambling.
It is indeed true, to quit the addiction of gambling, we should be able to control myself so as not to menyetuh gambling again. But the thing that I think has been very Mainstream, because the same way there is the element of force. And I think the best way is to keep gamble but always use the smallest bet is permanent (trust in a small bet) and never raise the bet amount, so we are going to get bored and ended up unwittingly we will leave the gambling is slowly
Activity: 980

Agree with this dude ! Talk to someone that can help you how to step away from gambling.

Definitely agree with this. People around you influence you a lot and can become good help in stopping your gambling addiction.
Additional:
Try informing your closefriends, your family, and your girlfriend that you really want to stop gambling and that you really need their cooperation. I know that they will have time to listen to you because you are important to them.

Yup! Like I have said your relatives, friends, and love ones are the only people you can rely too in every problem you are pacing right now But!
it depends on the person if he really wants to change if he's really addicted to gambling he doesn't have his will to stop in gambling his relatives, friends, or love ones is the one who will make a move to change him they will keep him at bay to gambling sites, take him to a rehab center and ask a psychiatrist for help because addiction is sickness in the head!  
Activity: 462
giving up an addiction depends on the level of the addiction. for some people they can just stop it if it is in its early stages and not so serious , for others doing some activity like going out and doing a hobby will help and for the serious problems they should seek professional help or some sort of counseling

I will agree on this one. At first, your gambling addiction is like a small plant that you can easily pull out or stop anytime. Then you continue gambling and the plant grows. You continue to water that gambling addiction of yours and you'd notice that the small plant is now a tree. It will be so hard to pull. There's no way pulling out all of its roots at once.
there is always a solution to any problem and now our problem is addiction to gambling maybe is now really hard to stop but it isn't impossible if the gambler want to stop he will stop but he need to be strong and control him self the first periode will be hard but then he will forget about gambling and for that he need time with out playing anythink he need to find somethink that can keep him away from gambling.
Activity: 588

Activity: 112
Power The world for FREE!
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
Indeed people around or surrounding environment are really affect to our attitude and hobby.

If people around you are a doctor, indirectly you will get used to keep healthy. And if people around you are a gambler like us then yes you will keep gambling, so leaving everything about gamble is the only way to stay away.

I personally used to have lot of money (bitcoin). It's a lot in my country, atleast. (third world country). Then my mom asked me what am I doing every night and day, because she kind of notice that I have the same display in my computer all day. Then I told here, I'm gambling. And they all went outrageous, giving me religious advice and they all won't stop bugging me off. So I just ditched bustabit since I don't have any money left in my account and I never came back.
LOL. You should have mentioned, "I'm playing online games." instead of "I'm gambling.". Well, it looks like they care about you and you should have left gambling since you are still living with your parents.
Indeed people around or surrounding environment are really affect to our attitude and hobby.

If people around you are a doctor, indirectly you will get used to keep healthy. And if people around you are a gambler like us then yes you will keep gambling, so leaving everything about gamble is the only way to stay away.

I personally used to have lot of money (bitcoin). It's a lot in my country, atleast. (third world country). Then my mom asked me what am I doing every night and day, because she kind of notice that I have the same display in my computer all day. Then I told here, I'm gambling. And they all went outrageous, giving me religious advice and they all won't stop bugging me off. So I just ditched bustabit since I don't have any money left in my account and I never came back.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
Yup the people around you are a key components for you to really stay out of gambling but I think if a person is really addicted to gambling he will be a hard headed one to stop in his addiction because he is already in the presence of gambling in his mind that is why people around him should settle for a good psychiatrist and afford a rehab facility that can help with the rehabilitation and yes the people around him is the one who is needed to make him better.

Definitely agree with this. People around you influence you a lot and can become good help in stopping your gambling addiction.
Additional:
Try informing your closefriends, your family, and your girlfriend that you really want to stop gambling and that you really need their cooperation. I know that they will have time to listen to you because you are important to them.

Yup the people around you are a key components for you to really stay out of gambling but I think if a person is really addicted to gambling he will be a hard headed one to stop in his addiction because he is already in the presence of gambling in his mind that is why people around him should settle for a good psychiatrist and afford a rehab facility that can help with the rehabilitation and yes the people around him is the one who is needed to make him better.

Additional:
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
try some meditation if at least nothing u are left with
Activity: 70
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

yeah right, perhaps it is a good advice to those who are not yet drown in the world of gambling...just like "prevention is better than cure" thing...IMO, it would be easier to quit if you are addicted to gambling when there is someone beside you to watch over you,,, Just don't be hard headed if they are telling you, for sure you can stay away from gambling with that...Mostly the people around you are the key for you to stay away from your habit..

Agree with this dude ! Talk to someone that can help you how to step away from gambling.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Feeling the urge to gamble is normal, but that doesn’t make it any easier when you are struggling to make better choices. Remember, as you build healthier choices and a good support network, resisting cravings will be easier and easier. The following strategies can help

Reach out for support. Call a trusted family member, meet a friend for coffee, or go to a Gamblers Anonymous meeting.
    Do something else. Distract yourself with another activity, such as cleaning your house, going to the gym, or watching a movie.
    Postpone gambling. Tell yourself that you’ll wait five minutes, fifteen minutes, or an hour—however long you think you can hold out. As you wait, the urge to gamble may pass or become weak enough to resist.
    Give yourself a reality check. Visualize what will happen if you give in to the urge to gamble. Think about how you’ll feel after all your money is gone and you’ve disappointed yourself and your family again.
    Avoid isolation. If you gamble to socialize or be around other people, try healthier ways to build a social network. Volunteer, connect with old friends, make new friends.

If you aren’t able to resist the gambling craving, don’t be too hard on yourself or use it as an excuse to give up. Overcoming a gambling addiction is a tough process. You may slip from time to time; the important thing is to learn from your mistakes and continue working towards recovery.
Activity: 980

yeah right, perhaps it is a good advice to those who are not yet drown in the world of gambling...just like "prevention is better than cure" thing...IMO, it would be easier to quit if you are addicted to gambling when there is someone beside you to watch over you,,, Just don't be hard headed if they are telling you, for sure you can stay away from gambling with that...Mostly the people around you are the key for you to stay away from your habit..

Jump to: