Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 146. (Read 173056 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I don't bite.
gambling is very difficult to leave. if we want to really leave the gambling then the most powerful way is "leaving the internet". because now stems from internet gambling.
Leaving the Internet is not a solution, that is just a temporary solution. An addicted gambler will find that it is extremely 'painful' to quit gambling. It is because you do not want to stop. If you have a strong will, it's pretty easy to stop within a few weeks or less. I have a very strong will, and that is why I seldom gamble anymore.
Activity: 575
A person with some intelligence can easily be redirected to a some profiting means of life and business while the fool person gets addicted to that gambling sites and games
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
To stay away from gambling you need to re-evaluate your life and think of all the things that can make you busy so you can forget about gambling go to church, date your family or even breed a dog.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
gambling is very difficult to leave. if we want to really leave the gambling then the most powerful way is "leaving the internet". because now stems from internet gambling.
Activity: 700
Nothing can help us if we are not mentally prepare to give up our gambling habit because it is really addictive and much attractive stories around us than if someone is connected to that places where gambling related materiel easily than never this can be done.
Activity: 633
Merit: 10
It will always depend on yourself, if you can control yourself so you will not be addicted. Although you bet only small amount, but if you are addicted so you may lose big amount in total. Just do it for fun with the money that you can afford to lose and once you lose dont try to recover it.

These games are very addictive and once start playing very difficult to control so if possible just find some other good activities for fun and entertainment. If not, you should have a good self control to avoid big loses in gambling. Just gambling once in a while with fixed little amount should be fine and whether lose or win shouldn't gamble every day.

thanks for the suggestion , well i think even its only small amount but if i keep lost that will be big amount too, maybe i will not try to gamble and look for fun with gamble that doesn't use real money 
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
To stay away from gambling you have to be smart and realistic, there are a lot of people that is addicted to gambling and that can be good but also bad.
Gambling is not that bad that you have to stop with it, you just must only play not that much.

Wow it is very crafty when you say it, but that is gambling you may lose some and sometimes you can win some, but a lot of players in gambling always lose that much and they can never predicted it.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
To stay away from gambling you have to be smart and realistic, there are a lot of people that is addicted to gambling and that can be good but also bad.
Gambling is not that bad that you have to stop with it, you just must only play not that much.
I agree. although gambling is not bad but we must try to stop him. many ways to stop it, but you also have to have the intention to stay away from gambling
Only doctor can give a solution for addiction to stop our addiction in gambling . go to psychiatrist bring your self there and checkup.. they can give some advice if how to prevent your self to gamble or to stay away in gambling..
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I agree. although gambling is not bad but we must try to stop him. many ways to stop it, but you also have to have the intention to stay away from gambling
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 980
People will stop gambling if they are losing to much money with it, and you have to realize it by themselves that gambling is really bad to do and that you will become poor.
If they know that than there will a higher chance that they will also stop with gambling because it is a big mistake that they made.

Or they are so stupid that they will not stop and just go further, you never know.

Yup! your right but maybe they are already addicted to it that they can't stop playing gambling and I think it is too much for them to stop they will need a psychiatrist to remind them of their addiction.
Activity: 322
People will stop gambling if they are losing to much money with it, and you have to realize it by themselves that gambling is really bad to do and that you will become poor.
If they know that than there will a higher chance that they will also stop with gambling because it is a big mistake that they made.

Or they are so stupid that they will not stop and just go further, you never know.
Activity: 294
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards
addicted to gambling is suck for some people,because they more often loss than make good profit,i just stay away from gambling,i'm not addicted,because i'm playing not everyday. maybe the only way to stay away from gambling is make your wallet empty Wink
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1354
following other statement in here make me afraid if get addicted to gambling , maybe from now i'll just bet a little only to get some fun than can be addicted and hard to stay away from it

It will always depend on yourself, if you can control yourself so you will not be addicted. Although you bet only small amount, but if you are addicted so you may lose big amount in total. Just do it for fun with the money that you can afford to lose and once you lose dont try to recover it.
Activity: 980
Honestly, as a first hand opinion, the only way is to force your willpower into stopping gambling. Because if you put a restriction like a lockout or something, you will feel victimized even though you know it's the right thing to do. When you're lockout expires or you find a loophole or something, you won't have the willpower to stay again or reinstate the lockout.

Is that lockout possible? I think that is not necessarily needed but honestly will power is much more like a self control to yourself if ever you are really addicted with gambling and I think you need self awareness too that you will need help if the addiction really tries to burden you.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
following other statement in here make me afraid if get addicted to gambling , maybe from now i'll just bet a little only to get some fun than can be addicted and hard to stay away from it

These games are very addictive and once start playing very difficult to control so if possible just find some other good activities for fun and entertainment. If not, you should have a good self control to avoid big loses in gambling. Just gambling once in a while with fixed little amount should be fine and whether lose or win shouldn't gamble every day.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Honestly, as a first hand opinion, the only way is to force your willpower into stopping gambling. Because if you put a restriction like a lockout or something, you will feel victimized even though you know it's the right thing to do. When you're lockout expires or you find a loophole or something, you won't have the willpower to stay again or reinstate the lockout.
Activity: 633
Activity: 364
The best thing that you can do is do things that you like to do, and that you have also get some a lot of fun because that is very important to have that and that is also good for your morale.
But it will be nice if you can stop with gambling and that you can do other things that you like do to, do a sport or hobby.
Activity: 70
Every gambler is unique and so needs a recovery program tailored specifically to him or her. What works for one gambler won’t necessarily work for you. The biggest step in treatment is realizing you have a problem with gambling. It takes tremendous strength and courage to own up to this, especially if you have lost a lot of money and strained or broken relationships along the way. Don’t despair, and don’t try to go it alone. Many others have been in your shoes and have been able to break the habit.
Jump to: