Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 217. (Read 173056 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
There is a simple answer to the OP:

Find another hobby instead of gambling  Grin

That is a easy answer to just find another hobby, but that would be that easy to take other hobby.
If I was addicted I will just ask for some one to help me or control me.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
There is a simple answer to the OP:

Find another hobby instead of gambling  Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
When I was addicted to smoking I just told to my friends to keep me watching what I am doing. That I don't smoke. So that helps.
Just ask for someone to help you.
Activity: 364
you can't completely stay away in gambling easily specially when you used to do it oftenly. i suggest you should only gamble moderately and slowly stay away from it. also find another hobby you can play with, either playing MOBA games or play a sport or whatever that you will find fun except gambling.

Yes I agree.

I sometimes get the feeling of not wanting to stop but I try to step back from it and try to keep myself occupied with something else for the next couple of days after that.

I'll do anything to keep myself busy with other stuff so I don't get the urge to start losing more money by gambling.

good luck to you and hopefully it will work on you cuz personally it worked on me. i am currently into playing a certain MOBA game and it somehow reduce my gambling activities.

What kind of MOBA games are you playing? Me I play League of Legends lets say I am kinda addicted to it so when I lose I play more and more and I lose my rank is just stupid atleast I am not losing my money Tongue is like gambling actually just with out money.
Activity: 448
you can't completely stay away in gambling easily specially when you used to do it oftenly. i suggest you should only gamble moderately and slowly stay away from it. also find another hobby you can play with, either playing MOBA games or play a sport or whatever that you will find fun except gambling.

Yes I agree.

I sometimes get the feeling of not wanting to stop but I try to step back from it and try to keep myself occupied with something else for the next couple of days after that.

I'll do anything to keep myself busy with other stuff so I don't get the urge to start losing more money by gambling.

good luck to you and hopefully it will work on you cuz personally it worked on me. i am currently into playing a certain MOBA game and it somehow reduce my gambling activities.
Activity: 616

Yes I agree.

Activity: 406
If you are gona be so addicted about gambling I suggest you to seek some help from somebody. Or I don't know if you have a girlfriend say to her that she need to be strict to you about gamble, so that you can't play.   
Activity: 448
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Golf Golf and more Golf has helped me.  I have an addictive personality by
nature so for me I need to stay busy doing other things. Also things that
can get my adrenaline going help feed that need for excitement. For me its
video games as I'm not a sky diver or anything crazy. Stay away from the
booze and stay busy helped me from constantly wanting to check football
spreads lol.

Ughhh golf classy sports activity, i dont think it affordable for everyone to do it.
But video games was 100% help to forget everything no exception for gambling and its affordable.
So lets play video games to forget your loses!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Golf Golf and more Golf has helped me.  I have an addictive personality by
nature so for me I need to stay busy doing other things. Also things that
can get my adrenaline going help feed that need for excitement. For me its
video games as I'm not a sky diver or anything crazy. Stay away from the
booze and stay busy helped me from constantly wanting to check football
spreads lol.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

BruceLee, too bad you are not as lucky as jackie chan who won 500btc as posted on one thread. Cheesy Anyway, if you mean you are  on bitcoin betting sites (I suppose it since it's posted here) then convert your btc to fiat money as soon as possible you get them so you won't have something to use on gambling.
Activity: 434
Find another hobby or work more often to keep you occupied.

Yeah i'm agree with this, find hobby like gaming on pc it's good for killing time. so you don't remember your gambling. and also find some friends go hang out together and find some work that earn you real money. not waste your money on gambling.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Find another hobby or work more often to keep you occupied.
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
it's very easy, consider gambling as a very difficult game, and planting in mind that gambling is just a waste of money, and still much better than on gambling  Smiley
It is easy for you to say that, but it is difficult for him to follow what you say if he do not have self-control.
I'm pretty sure he will stop gambling soon, I hope.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Well, there are games that are like gambling, such as poker, which require more skill than chance.  If it's too hard to get away from your addiction, try finding something else to substitute with your game of choice that will satisfy your urges.  Do some research, increase your skill, and find something that you're good at to get involved with instead. You don't have to quit gambling....just quit losing!

Yes, but it's a slippery slope, as you don't know how good you'll get, and how much money you'll lose in the process. Getting better at the game definitely helps, but you may want to quit gambling entirely. 
Activity: 546
Probably you are thinking to stop gambling because you have lost a big amount , so the best idea to stop gambling is to remember the biggest loss you ever had in gambling and then the urge to gamble will automatically vanish.

Few more suggestions to quit gambling:

1. Take a Short Break
2. Find a Replacement Activity
3. Remember How Bad it Feels to Lose
4. Educate Yourself About Gambling Addiction
5. Find Self-Help Materials
6. Find a Support Group
7. Hand Over Control of Your Money
8. List the Cons of Gambling and the Pros of Quitting
9. Make a Financial Plan
10. Get a Good Counselor

Good Luck !! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Well, there are games that are like gambling, such as poker, which require more skill than chance.  If it's too hard to get away from your addiction, try finding something else to substitute with your game of choice that will satisfy your urges.  Do some research, increase your skill, and find something that you're good at to get involved with instead. You don't have to quit gambling....just quit losing!
legendary
Activity: 980
empty your btc wallet and stay away from it, if you can't stop gambling
if you became addicting for gamble and do not have good self control this way is not working because you will always seek ways how to recharge your wallet although you have to borrow money for that
Activity: 420
Stay away from gambling, is it for permanent or temporary ? I mean if you wanna not for gambling anymore, i think you need delete all your gambling account and try to do something positive, dont make your day boring or you will back to gambling.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
it's very easy, consider gambling as a very difficult game, and planting in mind that gambling is just a waste of money, and still much better than on gambling  Smiley
Jump to: