Pages:
Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 62. (Read 173056 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 500
I have given some suggestions few days ago but I think it is good to add one more suggestion. Actually there should be a set of suggestions as for every addicted person needs some different strategy. You should stay away from gambling sites and to make yourself realize that you are still betting you can put bets with your partner or some family member to help you to stay away from real gambling sites. This strategy really worked for one of my friend who successfully got rid of gambling doing these practices of false gambling.

Good thing because your friend was able to get rid of this addicting game called gambling. You are also right that different strategies should be applied. It would be a trial and error, if this strategy works then you are good to go but if not then try another strategy.
You have to do all the way to stay away in gambling and it is not easy to do that because addiction is hard to cure, you need to be fully submissive with yourself and make sure you will do what it takes just to change for the better.

Gambling addiction is really hard to cure especially if you are not sincere  on making a change on yourself. If you want to stay away from gambling then dont play ever again and hold yourself  to play again so that you wont be  get addicted again. Just do somethings that can make you busy  so that you would forget  gambling.

Well i guess it would not just limit to addiction on gambling. It would apply to all  kind of addiction. There is no such easy way to be able to get through with addiction. You are right sincerity and dedication will for me are the key to overcome addiction
Yeah, agree with you, because if we don't have determination to quit in one thing that we wanted to quit, we will never be successful in our plan, first thing first.
We must know first if we really wanted to quit for now cause if you don't you just wasting your time and also the time of other people that wants to help you to quit in gambling.

then if you can leave your love ones for awhile. Try to decide on going to rehab if you really want to do something for your self because for me rehab would be the best place for you to do it,

Rehab is just a cure being addicted to something. He/she will get back to it if that what he/she really wants. It still depends on the person if he/she really want to quit from it. It is his free will what path to choose. No one can decide but only himself. If you can't stop gambling instantly then do it little by little until you are not addicted from it.

Yes that was i am trying to say. It was intended for those who are addicted to gambling. You are also right it is his free will to what path he will be choosing, but he should better decide for the good of his own.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
One of my past time to forgot about gambling is playing Online Games, I can play Online Games until i get sleepy and not even thinking of gambling even once when i am playing it. There are lot of ways to not to think gambling . First remember the things you always do when you are not a gambler yet. Think about your past past-time before and try to do it again .

That's what I sometimes do before, after I quit gambling, I play games on my computer before sleeping at night, as I can't do outdoor activities anymore during night and playing instruments could disturb my sleeping family.. But during the days and weekends, I keep my self busy, on working days I work hard and had a few hours over time and on weekends, I do my DIY projects...  Smiley
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
One of my past time to forgot about gambling is playing Online Games, I can play Online Games until i get sleepy and not even thinking of gambling even once when i am playing it. There are lot of ways to not to think gambling . First remember the things you always do when you are not a gambler yet. Think about your past past-time before and try to do it again .
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
when you have free time, try something new like doing some sport like climbing, rafting , enjoy flying fox ,etc.
Just stay away from thinking about gambling everyday.

Gambling really should be entertainment for fun.
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Certainly, the best way is to not even start. But if you have already started, you should look for something that can better occupy your mind.
thats why im playing only really rarely or i play only with really small amounts of money in order to avoid too big risks, to stay away from gambling you should find another hobbies
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
Certainly, the best way is to not even start. But if you have already started, you should look for something that can better occupy your mind.

he should have to adopt some other games with which he will not need to invest for playing, and should have to adopt some other source of income, with that he will be remained away from gambling and will live a better life free of addiction.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Hello
The best way to get rid of any addicting thing is to get involved in some other thing which is beneficial - like reading books,listening to music, playing games, meeting people, party etc. - you have to find it out.
You need the support of your family members too. So better confess to them if you have not done that already and tell them to support your new project - as your mind gets involved in the new things it will lose its addiction and life will become better for you.
Good Luck!!
When will you see that gambling absorb your finances, you need to stop in time otherwise there will be trouble. With this addiction is difficult to treat.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
Sounds crazy, but try gaming.  Just avoid CS:GO and similar games with item currencies and it will provide a nice distraction.

Hitting those achievements is usually rewarding in itself, like gambling but you aren't losing anything but your time.  Also try applying that to your life and setting yourself goals and try hitting them.  You need a thrill so you might as well contribute your energy to more productive things.  Gambling really should be entertainment and just that. 

Hope this helps  Smiley

What's wrong with in game items ? Ita not gambling. I agree with you having achievements that can earn you things like badges are a great distraction and you can even proudly show them off on your gamer profile.

On CS:GO, it is gambling. I bet over 90% of the players have bet their skins. You simply can't resist it. CS:GO is a great game.. but the market gets you very addicted to gambling. Except gambling, there are a lot of ways you can spend your time. Do something you think it's going to distract you from the gambling! Just anything to occupy your time.
Activity: 770
Sounds crazy, but try gaming.  Just avoid CS:GO and similar games with item currencies and it will provide a nice distraction.

Hitting those achievements is usually rewarding in itself, like gambling but you aren't losing anything but your time.  Also try applying that to your life and setting yourself goals and try hitting them.  You need a thrill so you might as well contribute your energy to more productive things.  Gambling really should be entertainment and just that. 

Hope this helps  Smiley

What's wrong with in game items ? Ita not gambling. I agree with you having achievements that can earn you things like badges are a great distraction and you can even proudly show them off on your gamer profile.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Hope this helps  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
Hello
The best way to get rid of any addicting thing is to get involved in some other thing which is beneficial - like reading books,listening to music, playing games, meeting people, party etc. - you have to find it out.
You need the support of your family members too. So better confess to them if you have not done that already and tell them to support your new project - as your mind gets involved in the new things it will lose its addiction and life will become better for you.
Good Luck!!
Activity: 700
I have given some suggestions few days ago but I think it is good to add one more suggestion. Actually there should be a set of suggestions as for every addicted person needs some different strategy. You should stay away from gambling sites and to make yourself realize that you are still betting you can put bets with your partner or some family member to help you to stay away from real gambling sites. This strategy really worked for one of my friend who successfully got rid of gambling doing these practices of false gambling.

Good thing because your friend was able to get rid of this addicting game called gambling. You are also right that different strategies should be applied. It would be a trial and error, if this strategy works then you are good to go but if not then try another strategy.
You have to do all the way to stay away in gambling and it is not easy to do that because addiction is hard to cure, you need to be fully submissive with yourself and make sure you will do what it takes just to change for the better.

Gambling addiction is really hard to cure especially if you are not sincere  on making a change on yourself. If you want to stay away from gambling then dont play ever again and hold yourself  to play again so that you wont be  get addicted again. Just do somethings that can make you busy  so that you would forget  gambling.

Well i guess it would not just limit to addiction on gambling. It would apply to all  kind of addiction. There is no such easy way to be able to get through with addiction. You are right sincerity and dedication will for me are the key to overcome addiction
Yeah, agree with you, because if we don't have determination to quit in one thing that we wanted to quit, we will never be successful in our plan, first thing first.
We must know first if we really wanted to quit for now cause if you don't you just wasting your time and also the time of other people that wants to help you to quit in gambling.

then if you can leave your love ones for awhile. Try to decide on going to rehab if you really want to do something for your self because for me rehab would be the best place for you to do it,

Rehab is just a cure being addicted to something. He/she will get back to it if that what he/she really wants. It still depends on the person if he/she really want to quit from it. It is his free will what path to choose. No one can decide but only himself. If you can't stop gambling instantly then do it little by little until you are not addicted from it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
For a lot of people gambling's allure comes from the possibility of winning money, so if you learn a skill or a trade and get a job, or otherwise start earning a decent, solid, consistent income, you'll probably lose the will to gamble at all. If you've already got enough money to pay for anything you need, then you won't be attracted to a way of earning more. Of course this is only in theory, a lot of people probably still will be; greed is human nature after all.
Activity: 910

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

Activity: 980
Get rid of it is not so easy to gambling addiction. Yet this would require strength of character to do to start any restrictions, and follow them unquestioningly. Or opt out of games and find another worthy hobby that can even benefit you and your family.

Probably that's the hardest thing to do, to "start" if you really want to change... If you overcome your "what if's" while quitting, for sure you can do it, easier and faster...Changing your habits, working or finding a job is a good counter measure to prevent you from getting into gambling.. Any of it could make you busy the whole day...  Smiley
Yeah just make yourself busy the whole day for doing something like watching movies or bond with your kids. for me its better to get a job so you wont be think about gambling because you have busy schedule. gambling wont make us any good so its better to stay away.
Yeah being busy is one way to get over of what you wanted to quit, like when you have to move on in your past.  Grin
Well just kiddin'  Grin Cheesy but that's true right? When you are really too busy in your work you will not even think about what you wanted before cause all you want to do is to work.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
If you do not stop gambling with your willpower, you will stop when you lose it all.

That is a common thinking for most gamblers if they certainly lost a lot in their first try on playing they will never bet again or come back in playing it anymore, but if a person wins more in gambling I think they will still play gambling and if a person becomes addicted with gambling some person can surely has the will power to stop themselves from gambling I suppose this will not apply to all gamblers cause there are gamblers that needs a certain help from psychiatrist to overcome their addiction!
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1030
If you do not stop gambling with your willpower, you will stop when you lose it all.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I think its more different than that. There are 2 types of gamblers out there. Those that are addicted and can't stop and those that aren't addicted and can stop anytime.

Its difficult from one type of games to shift into the other. If it was easy then there wouldn't be so many gamblers anonymous places.
Pages:
Jump to: