Pages:
Author

Topic: How to survive if you lose more than 80% of your Capital? - page 10. (Read 1743 times)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Anyways past can't changed. If you are still try to keep you alive in crypto is keep calm, Trust in your choice, and HODL it. One more thing you should be in
a very potential coin, if you are HODLING shit coins, So you need to be brave and jump into a better coins.

The only coin worth hodling is Bitcoin. If you try to hodl alts, and if you are in red because you bought close to the ATH, you are setting yourself up for a 100% loss - because chances for seeing those prices again are extremely slim. The only right course of action is to dump your alts, buy BTC and try to hodl it up until the new peak of the bull market cycle. Good traders know when to cut their losses and look for new opportunities, bad traders are fixated on their investments and wait for them to recover even if it can't happen.
You must change your technique because you can lose all of your money if you continue, maybe you should switch and go on a better plan. But losing this kind of money and still continue your journey is such an awesome decision because I can say that you are really believing that crypto is a good investment. Do not lose hope and you should buy a better token so that you can really earn. Do not sell tokens when it is on a downfall because you are just losing your money. The downfall is normal since the crypto is passive on its volatility in terms of price. So we should wait. There are better projects that you can support. Knowledge is important before taking risks and do your plans.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
There were few coins which are below 50% of their value when they were on peak and most of the traders might already have made mistake of buying coins onto those peak. Unfortunately, they have no options left to sell their coin at loss or hold the coins patiently until they see the price struggling somewhat near their buy zones.

This would actually be a lot time consuming and mid range or short range traders would almost stop having profits from the trading markets because they would never be able to buy sell once they buy at the wrong price. This might demotivating a lot of traders but never forget that you can again start a chance to make profits even if you are down by 80%. Use the remaining 20% more wisely and you would see profits for that too.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
I don't see the point in selling if you're 80-90% down on an investment. I understand if it was a big position size that people need to jump ship, but with smaller position sizing selling in order to get back 10-20% doesn't make much sense to me. 10-20% is the minimum amount you want to be gaining in trading or investment, not recovering.

A quick analogy for anyone interested, if you bought something at $5, and it goes down to $0.5, yes that's a 90% loss (in value), but if you still believe this coin can go up 100x, then you can still make 10x your investment in the long-term (instead of losing 90%). Likewise if you think it can do 10x, you might be able to get out break-even.

$5 - buy level 10x
$4 - 20% down x8
$3 - 40% down x6
$2.5 - 50% down x5
$2 - 60% down x4
$1 - 80% down x2
$0.5 - 90% down
(xX reflects increase from low to buy level)

Also as relevant is that if the coin goes up just 5x (yes, "just" because a 4-5x gain is common enough in a few weeks or months), then you will only be 50% down on your investment. If you still believe in this project, by buying the same amount again, you will drop your losses to 20-25% under the price, which is basically nothing in the broader picture. Alternatively, if you want to then get back half your money it's a lot better than 10-20%, about 2.5-5x better  Tongue

A weird example I know, kind of obvious maybe but a lot of traders don't look at things this way. Some of the best gains I ever made were after projects lost 80-90% of their value, baring in mind that all the biggest coins and projects atm all lost 80-90% at one time or another. These things are actually natural.

Activity: 267
Merit: 7
I actually lost over 70% of my capital when I invested in shitcoin by mistake, I just thought it was the first experience of entering the cryptocurrency world, and I started to join ieo and gradually recovering my capital, now I am quite experienced in investing coins, so it is important for you to keep going or not when you have lost quite a lot
Activity: 2184
Merit: 470
Telegram: @jperryC
You should first consider which type of trader you are if you're a swing trader I think there's a medium risk for you and for a long term you have a high risk but high profit and if you are a day trader you are at low risk and low profit this is the safest I think.

You should consider as well your risk and reward ration you should set an amount that you would jump if the price drops in this way you could control your loss and you will not end up losing almost of your capital actually HODL is not applicable always sometimes you needed to jump and cut your losses rather than risking all of your capital.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
...What was we need to do there was only patience. Because every coin always give you a chance to be survive your self by bouncing back near your buy rates...

This rule is not always correct. If you bought a coin at the maximum price, then you will have to wait a very long time for the coin to be traded again at this level. Keep in mind that some coins may fall to the bottom after reaching the peak and stop trading.

It's better to wait at the support price if you want to buy it, it's very safe and your risk of losing money is getting smaller,
I know 80% of your capital is lost, but it's not the time for you to give up
Activity: 433
Merit: 5
It is really difficult to cope with such a huge loss of funds, but the best option here is to sell all the shitcoins from your portfolio and to to choose new coins for investment like Bitcoin and Ethereum. They will not show 1000% growth during a single month, but it will be a safe investment.
Everything constantly comes down to Bitcoin and Ethereum. Are there really no other coins worthy of investment? Is it worth it to deal with other coins initially?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
...What was we need to do there was only patience. Because every coin always give you a chance to be survive your self by bouncing back near your buy rates...

This rule is not always correct. If you bought a coin at the maximum price, then you will have to wait a very long time for the coin to be traded again at this level. Keep in mind that some coins may fall to the bottom after reaching the peak and stop trading.
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
What I am doing so far despite losing almost 90 percent investment in coins is hope and patience. I invested in many coins some three and a half years ago. But since then I have been suffering a great deal of loss. But I do not give up on what I believe. As positive signs of mass adoption of cryptocurrency are showing, my wish of recovering my losses will come true.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 10
It is really difficult to cope with such a huge loss of funds, but the best option here is to sell all the shitcoins from your portfolio and to to choose new coins for investment like Bitcoin and Ethereum. They will not show 1000% growth during a single month, but it will be a safe investment.
Activity: 951
Merit: 259
Crypto is more volatile when compared to the other asset class if we compare the price history right from the inception of BTC. So you should have decided to invest with what you afford to lose. You are already invested then analyze the project behind it we don't know what coin is it BTC or Alts. If it is a good coin then you should consider averaging it during their major support level. A support level is a Technical analysis kindly learn some very basic it could help you out a lot
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
actually if there is a chance that you can still hold then Hold mate that is the only way that you will not lose your capital,because as long as you are Holding the currency you are not losing anything it is just the market who is changing the value but your Holding will remain.
for me?i will rather keep my funds intact when the market fall bad because all i invest in here are the amount i can afford to lose.and that is a responsible investing strategy.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
still hold and wait until the price of the coin we invest increases, but we also have to see the progress of the project, if there is no progress then my advice is better you sell it and buy another coin, because the price of the coin will definitely be difficult to increase, but if the project of the coin has progress, so I suggest you to hold it, because the price will definitely be easy to increase and give you profit even though it takes a long time.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
Anyways past can't changed. If you are still try to keep you alive in crypto is keep calm, Trust in your choice, and HODL it. One more thing you should be in
a very potential coin, if you are HODLING shit coins, So you need to be brave and jump into a better coins.

The only coin worth hodling is Bitcoin. If you try to hodl alts, and if you are in red because you bought close to the ATH, you are setting yourself up for a 100% loss - because chances for seeing those prices again are extremely slim. The only right course of action is to dump your alts, buy BTC and try to hodl it up until the new peak of the bull market cycle. Good traders know when to cut their losses and look for new opportunities, bad traders are fixated on their investments and wait for them to recover even if it can't happen.
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
Well, you always survive unless you decide to commit suicide.
Let's say that life is a gamble, so sometimes you win and sometimes - maybe more often - you lose.
If you don't like this, then don't play
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
~
The coins invested initially that led to loss, might be as a result of some mistake made. Before switching over to another, which you feel is one of the ways that will bring about the recovery of lost funds, it will be better to look back and try to see where you have made mistakes. Not realising the faults with previous investment that went bad, might make you to repeat the same mistake. Afterwards,you can now work on how to avoid repeating the same.
Activity: 657
Merit: 100
No such incidents have not experienced with me. If 80% will be loss in your initial amount, i don't think it can be recover. I never continue to trade with only 20%, i do not deal with these situation. Even if you will hold these coin, i think difficult to recover fully.
if you coin is BSV than it can possible to recover in bull run. Crypto is volatile so no need to invest which amount we can not afford.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
There's only one way of surviving an 80% loss in capital which is realising what led to such loss if a trader held onto the idea of a bounce back that should be avoided moving forward. One a trade goes against set trade parameters its best to exit such trade because there's always another good entry. Secondly if a trader had no trading experience or target, such a trader should develop one.
Activity: 1435
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
patience is the most important thing in investing in the world of cryptoqurrency because if not then you will easily experience losses, but on the one hand patience is not enough to solve them, you need to monitor the assets that you invest in and also always renew them. because not all coins can last long, now many coins lose their value so you need to reconsider so that you don't experience a big loss.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
If you lose 80% of your capital it's time to stop

I have to agree with this. It's really hard to lose 80%, you have to be really unlucky or really stupid to do it and in both cases you should get into something else. It's like when you're a cook and most of your pastry comes out burned. You either fucking learn to do it and fast or look for another job.
One more thing. Don't ever give up. 80% or 90% it doesn't matter as long as you're still kicking.
Pages:
Jump to: