Pages:
Author

Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin? - page 60. (Read 111801 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
July 24, 2017, 11:08:24 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

For me I do not required kids to know about bitcoins, they are just kids we shouldn't tell them what to do. They will probably know about it when they grow up because as what we know bitcoins is the future currency with that they can explore it by themselves in the future just like what heppened to us.

Indeed. Kids must spend their time playing some physical activities like we used to do when we're young.
Explaining the whole crypto currency will just complicate things for them. Maybe wait them to be mature enough and let them ask first, if they're really interested to learn, they will.
Thats it, kids at the young age was never ask how to earn money. The only things on their mind is to play and do what they want times come they will at the right age to be aware in crypto currency and other matters than its time to discuss to them what bitcoin is. Do not let kids work at the early age.
I don’t agree with you. These are the kids of 21st century. If they can operate tabs, smart phones, apps etc, they can also learn about bitcoins. Rather it’s good to teach them about saving money at the early age. In this way, they will not waste money. Bitcoins are not like traditional paper money, so for sure they are going to attract kids. In my opinion, at least we should talk to kids about bitcoins.

Most of us realized that kids are not able to understand how to use bitcoin and what bitcoin is but they're strong enough to understand the whole ecosystem believe me. They're much more open-minded compared with last century's kids.
Activity: 308
Merit: 267
July 24, 2017, 10:44:26 PM
it would be hard for us to teach children what bitcoin is all about unless they're interested in money. we all know that childrens are more interested in playing games, watching cartoons and playing outside. the best way to tell them what bitcoin is, is that it's a money on the internet that can be converted into real money but like i said most of the children don't have interest on this kind of things. maybe if they're in their teen stage or maybe if they're really interested in money you can introduced them into basics like what is bitcoin? how it was produced? different types of coins, how to earn it etc. it would be great if the children is interested in bitcoins because while they're growing they know how are they going to earn it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
July 24, 2017, 09:47:49 PM
Basically the task of the children is school, study, play, eat-drink, rest, and so on. I do not quite understand for what purpose children are taught about bitcon. If indeed to give it the knowledge capital of the future, of course you have to start from the thing most liked by the children. For example, playing with a smartphone, explain that with the smartphone they can earn money from the game or other. Step by step to the stage they can understand.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
July 24, 2017, 06:29:18 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

For me I do not required kids to know about bitcoins, they are just kids we shouldn't tell them what to do. They will probably know about it when they grow up because as what we know bitcoins is the future currency with that they can explore it by themselves in the future just like what heppened to us.

Indeed. Kids must spend their time playing some physical activities like we used to do when we're young.
Explaining the whole crypto currency will just complicate things for them. Maybe wait them to be mature enough and let them ask first, if they're really interested to learn, they will.
Thats it, kids at the young age was never ask how to earn money. The only things on their mind is to play and do what they want times come they will at the right age to be aware in crypto currency and other matters than its time to discuss to them what bitcoin is. Do not let kids work at the early age.
I don’t agree with you. These are the kids of 21st century. If they can operate tabs, smart phones, apps etc, they can also learn about bitcoins. Rather it’s good to teach them about saving money at the early age. In this way, they will not waste money. Bitcoins are not like traditional paper money, so for sure they are going to attract kids. In my opinion, at least we should talk to kids about bitcoins.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
https://saturn.black
July 23, 2017, 04:45:20 PM
There are games in which you can earn a few satoshi. You can download them to your child's smartphone and show that you can earn bitcoin by playing. And then tell you that bitcoin is a special kind of money
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
July 23, 2017, 04:36:26 PM
Many people have kids they teach them about bitcoin with the playing games because kids are playful but you can teach them personally or one by one to know how bitcoin really works. But you neef more patience brcause they did not understand easily.
Activity: 210
Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol
July 23, 2017, 04:19:16 PM
I think it's better to let them learn what's they are being taught at school first. By the time they grow a little older or they start going to university it's no doubt that bitcoin will also become a part of their curriculum and studies so no need to teach them about bitcoin. Our kids I believe will be more bitcoin literate than we are.

Actually, that would be great to teach kids about bitcoin in primary school. So that they are provided a fiscal education during their childhood.
Yes, but we should allow from government first that we should teach bitcoin to kids in a primary school. If they didn't allow us then we have an alternative way. Teach in "Introduction to computer" in chapter of web. Like that way we can teach our country kids easily about bitcoin and other crypto currencies so yes it's is better way to teach them with legal actions.
This problem must be solved at the governmental level, because I am doing it in one problem, this problem concerns exactly the teachers who will teach the cryptography of our children. After all, practically the Pedagogical staff is not ready for this.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
July 23, 2017, 03:44:02 PM
I think it's better to let them learn what's they are being taught at school first. By the time they grow a little older or they start going to university it's no doubt that bitcoin will also become a part of their curriculum and studies so no need to teach them about bitcoin. Our kids I believe will be more bitcoin literate than we are.

Actually, that would be great to teach kids about bitcoin in primary school. So that they are provided a fiscal education during their childhood.
Yes, but we should allow from government first that we should teach bitcoin to kids in a primary school. If they didn't allow us then we have an alternative way. Teach in "Introduction to computer" in chapter of web. Like that way we can teach our country kids easily about bitcoin and other crypto currencies so yes it's is better way to teach them with legal actions.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
July 23, 2017, 10:42:06 AM
Children need to be taught in the form of a game so that they are interested, and not bored. I do not think it's appropriate to do it 10 years ago. Perhaps soon the school will introduce such a science and children will not have to learn Smiley
Yeah you're correct. Game is one of the best technique for you to teach the children. Social interaction like group activity with the other people is also a way for the children to learn something. They can be also be interested to the bitcoin if you will have some game for them.
But sometimes it is not necessary applicable ,It is much easier to teach them by pointing or knowing what they like and slowly add some topics there and apply bitcoins or cryptocurrencies in between that is easy for them to understand and make this as their hobby.
Yes right but there will be government problem if we provide bitcoin knowledge to kids in nursery grade. In my opinon let them know just a single topics that what is crypto currencies which one currency is better introduce them a crypto currencies because crypto currencies knowledge would be allowed in schools there would be no issue with this by government.
Activity: 280
July 23, 2017, 12:08:57 AM
Influence your kids to play computer games , then when they are old enough like maybe 10 years old or 15, teach them the steps on how to earn bitcoins, it was like you let them play computer games so they will learn how to search , register etc..  i mean all the computer stuff's that u can do in the internet,   then sugar coat the words that your going to tell them, like you'l be earning alot of money in this bit-coin thing.. i think they will probably get interested in this quickly.

If we really take this so serious, we can get help from professional educators and teachers. They can create a program for us to present bitcoin and its technology to the kids. This is something hard, and informing kids wrongly could reverse the situation in favor of bitcoin opposition.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
July 22, 2017, 10:02:34 PM
I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
they understand they might make bitcoin as their passion.
And we all know that it is impossible to be understood by small children, they will not understand the basic foundation of bitcoin, they will not understand fluctuations, segwit, hard fork, etc, even it is difficult to understand by parents though. I thought maybe you could start saying that bitcoin is the same as other currencies, that's not a problem

It's been said many times that kids are not good for bitcoin or bitcoin not good for kids, whatsoever.
The point here is we cannot educate this kids because they are still minors and even though they know the basic but
where would they spend bitcoin, that is something we will be afraid of because it might be done on illegal activities.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
July 22, 2017, 09:29:47 PM
I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
they understand they might make bitcoin as their passion.
And we all know that it is impossible to be understood by small children, they will not understand the basic foundation of bitcoin, they will not understand fluctuations, segwit, hard fork, etc, even it is difficult to understand by parents though. I thought maybe you could start saying that bitcoin is the same as other currencies, that's not a problem
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 22, 2017, 09:10:06 AM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
July 22, 2017, 09:05:58 AM

Activity: 448
Lets Go Adab
July 22, 2017, 08:45:05 AM
Influence your kids to play computer games , then when they are old enough like maybe 10 years old or 15, teach them the steps on how to earn bitcoins, it was like you let them play computer games so they will learn how to search , register etc..  i mean all the computer stuff's that u can do in the internet,   then sugar coat the words that your going to tell them, like you'l be earning alot of money in this bit-coin thing.. i think they will probably get interested in this quickly.
Activity: 350
July 22, 2017, 05:21:38 AM

copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee
July 22, 2017, 02:41:35 AM
My opinion children need to learn on their own pace it kind of sucks to teach kid how to use BTC or another propaganda of life they have to learn on the very core of their own knowledge it always depends on different kind of child also.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 311
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
July 22, 2017, 02:20:43 AM
Teaches children about bitcoin can not directly formal explanation. We must teach according to their understanding. Perhaps an education that matches the parable of a game
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
July 22, 2017, 01:45:42 AM
What i do to teach my son about bitcoin is i downloaded a game on playstore that gives some amount of satoshi,and whenever he beat me on that game i will buy  his most requested toys. And it works,while hes growing i will explain what real bitcoin is. For now we enjoyed playing games.
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
July 22, 2017, 01:03:53 AM
I think this is the digital era, any easy information we get for example looking for information about bitcoin, I think the easiest way to teach the kids about bitcoin is to look for video or game related to bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: