Pages:
Author

Topic: How to use MYETHERWALLET - page 2. (Read 1010 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
November 06, 2017, 06:37:51 AM
Go to Send Ether & Tokens tap, and key in the exchange address and amount you wish to send.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
CryptoFan
November 06, 2017, 06:28:43 AM
Myetherwallet is like a mailbox.
If somebody wants to send you a mail, he needs your adress, which is public.
But if he wants to know what is in your mailbox, he need to have your key, which is private thing.

Myetherwallet is the same.
You create it with a password, and you'll have a private key (your mail's key).
There is an adress attached to your "account", which is your like a public adresss for the mail.

Then you send your ETH to other public adresses.
Activity: 560
November 06, 2017, 06:03:03 AM
hi< I use myetherwallet
so I still don't catch if tokens distribution is provided with some postponing
This is just my opinion, GAS LIMIT or commonly called GAS PRICE usually used for speed of transactions process. For example we want to send 0.15 ETH then we will be obliged to pay a fee for the shipment.

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
November 06, 2017, 04:58:00 AM
hi< I use myetherwallet
so I still don't catch if tokens distribution is provided with some postponing
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
November 06, 2017, 04:55:36 AM
Hello master  Smiley
on this time, I want to ask..how to use myetherwallet especially to send my token from MyEtherwallet to an exchange as BITTREX., POLONIEX, HITBTC, etc..?
I'm still confused,to enter the address Smiley Smiley Smiley

thanks
All you need is creat your wallet!
See more step hear,
https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/guides/how-to-use-myetherwallet/
Your can used some token and 0.05 ETH sent to myetherwallet for test
But you must backup your private key!

all wright, I have following the tutorials.
but I'm still confused about the "GAS LIMIT".
what is it sir??
copper member
Merit: 253
November 06, 2017, 02:15:39 AM
Hello master  Smiley
on this time, I want to ask..how to use myetherwallet especially to send my token from MyEtherwallet to an exchange as BITTREX., POLONIEX, HITBTC, etc..?

thanks
Transferring ether or tokens is quite easy. For instance: you are willing to transfer to bittrex, the first thing should be going to your bittrex wallet and copy the deposits address. Once you are logged on to MEW, on your dashboard you will see the address field, simply paste the recipient address and amount, select currency then transfer.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
November 06, 2017, 01:56:40 AM
sign in. and safe your private key and keep in mind only use eth address only for transaction. if you want to check what coin do you. have use etherscan. trading coin need a gass so you need to fill your mew with some eth .
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
November 05, 2017, 11:03:30 PM
Hello master  Smiley

thanks

Here are the steps:

1. Get an account to either any of the exchanges you mentioned.
2. Get your eth address
3. Login to your MEW and send your token to the exchanges using the address you got from them

Note: There will be gas. It is like the transaction fees in bitcoin market. You can't send you tokens from MEW without ETH as gas. So you need ETH on your MEW account. So please deposit a few before sending your tokens from MEW to the exchanges.
November 05, 2017, 10:32:20 PM
Just in brief:
1) Set up account on exchange
2) Set up your token deposit address on exchange
3) Sign in to your Myetherwallet and send small amount of tokens to your token deposit address check if all is correct
4) After the successful transfer is completed (your deposit on the exchange is credited) you may transfer rest amount of tokens.
I want to add a little, if you feel your transaction is too slow to enter the exchange. We can increase Gas Price that is in myetherwallet.
But later there will be more cost for it.
Activity: 350
November 05, 2017, 09:47:21 PM
watch this video. you can learn about my ether wallet .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phht73IvUDI
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
November 05, 2017, 04:37:10 PM
Hello master  Smiley

thanks

In exchange :
1. login to your account
2. select balance, then look for the token name.
3. select deposit, copy the address.

In MEW :
1. Make sure you have 0.01 ETH for the gas
2. Login to Myetherwallet using private key or json
3. Make sure token has been added, (you can use add custom token, put in token address, symbol and decimal. And then save)
4. enter the address from exchange. (the address you can see in exchange)
5. Enter the amount you want to send (do not forget to click "ETH" and then click the name of the token you want to transfer)
6. Change gas price as you wish.
7. Click generate transaction
8. And then click "yes, I'm sure to make transaction" ^_^
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
November 05, 2017, 02:09:11 AM
First add contract of your token, them take your deposit address from exchange and send your token to this address. Fee is alsa required.
Activity: 182
November 05, 2017, 01:53:30 AM
1) Go to the exchange you want to send Ex: Bittrex or Poloniex
2) Click deposit ethereum on that exchange. Then you will be shown a address to send.
3) Copy that address
4) Go to MyEtherWallet
5) Enter the address you copied and send the amount
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
November 05, 2017, 01:36:12 AM
Before my explanation, dont give anyone your private key.. If your private key stolen by domeone your funds are definitly in risk.  If you need to send tokens , in poloniex or bit tex there is recieving address.. That address you copy and paste in myether wallet..

Then send.. Before seding gas must be needed. So you must have eth for the transaction. 0.01 eth needed normaly
Activity: 74
November 05, 2017, 01:10:58 AM
Already so many people helped. That's why I like this community. People are always ready to help.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
November 05, 2017, 01:00:38 AM
Just save your private keys somewhere. And the address if you regularly needs it.
You do have to put some ethereum balance in order to withdraw any tokens from the wallet.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
November 05, 2017, 12:58:47 AM
Hello master  Smiley

thanks
All you need is creat your wallet!
See more step hear,
https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/guides/how-to-use-myetherwallet/
Your can used some token and 0.05 ETH sent to myetherwallet for test
But you must backup your private key!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
November 04, 2017, 11:07:14 PM

I wish myetherwallet was more user friendly so we could finally start seeing mass market adoption. I'm not sure why Vitalik has not prioritized this development more. I think the reference points people have made are solid, I would use the private key to login, and make sure you have it backed up multiple places in case your computer crashes. Most functions can be performed from the "Send and Receive" link.
Yes actually myetherwallet is quite easy to use, but some people have difficulties when first using it, including I used to have experienced similar things. Maybe there should be some changes to make the display more user friendly. But basically I really appreciate about the features and security owned by myetherwallet. Just a few fixes and I'm sure myetherwallet can be a wallet that is very easy to use and certainly better than it is today.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2017, 10:46:17 PM

I wish myetherwallet was more user friendly so we could finally start seeing mass market adoption. I'm not sure why Vitalik has not prioritized this development more. I think the reference points people have made are solid, I would use the private key to login, and make sure you have it backed up multiple places in case your computer crashes. Most functions can be performed from the "Send and Receive" link.
Activity: 238
November 04, 2017, 10:14:38 PM
Yes use the tutorials that were provided earlier on this thread. Just double, no triple check the url on myetherwallet.com. There are a lot of spam links that would take you to different sites to steal your info su h as your private keys.
Pages:
Jump to: