Pages:
Author

Topic: How trustworthy are ico rating sites? - page 2. (Read 1378 times)

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
June 11, 2018, 03:38:53 PM
I was serious afraid of investing into any projects after seeing some icos rated high by some of the knowing rating sites and at the end some of them turned out to be sit or scam projects.  I have to seat down and analyzed each project that I want to invest in myself instead of depending on rating sites.
Yes, definitely you can be rely on your self by your analysis and judgement prior investing, ICO ratings is just a guide and came from speculations and some are making survey but still at the end all are came by surprise since there are high rated ICO but the result is not successful, everything is unpredictable. That is why sometimes I can say that investment is through timing and luck.
This turns out to prove that most of them are being paid off by the project itself to be placed on top rated ICO's which as an investor which do seek out informations can easily fooled out to invest due to these informations but not totally an accurate thing or can really be relied when it comes to investing or to make profits.I dont trust them eversince, might a good thing to look at but always verify it with your own research.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
June 11, 2018, 09:12:42 AM
It is better to rely on your intuition after conduction a thorough research about the project you want to invest in and you are sure it is worth investing in. Even though some projects are rated wrongly, ico rating sometime act as a guide because some of the ratings are actually worth it at the end while some otherwise. That is why it is not good to depend only on ico rating but also do your own research.
Activity: 693
Merit: 100
June 11, 2018, 07:33:57 AM
I was serious afraid of investing into any projects after seeing some icos rated high by some of the knowing rating sites and at the end some of them turned out to be sit or scam projects.  I have to seat down and analyzed each project that I want to invest in myself instead of depending on rating sites.
Yes, definitely you can be rely on your self by your analysis and judgement prior investing, ICO ratings is just a guide and came from speculations and some are making survey but still at the end all are came by surprise since there are high rated ICO but the result is not successful, everything is unpredictable. That is why sometimes I can say that investment is through timing and luck.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 11, 2018, 04:50:37 AM
Don't trust the ICO rating sites because most of them were paid sites so even scam sites can get into a better rank by paying the site owners so this is not that much trustworth in my opinion so if you want to invest on bounty you need to have the knowledge about the crypto currencies and the evaluating the upcoming project and its potential.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
June 11, 2018, 02:53:15 AM
Activity: 322
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
September 16, 2017, 04:53:24 PM
A lot of them are paid. Only trust your own judgement.

Several of them are.  Some aren't, such as icoalert.com.

There are many sites that list ICOs and token sales.  However, they are a subset of the list on Bitcointalk.org's Announcement (Altcoins) page, for the following reasons:

• Not all of the project teams will know about all of the ICO sites, but they all know about and will announce on Bitcointalk.org's Announcement (Altcoins) page
  • Not all of the projects will pay to get listed on these ICO sites

However, Bitcointalk.org's Announcement (Altcoins) sorts the announcements based on which ones had the most recent comments.  Therefore, on the first page, you'll see announcements that were originally posted months ago and even announcements whose token sales have ended.

To find the most recent announcements, go to Bitcointalk's advanced search page and enter:

• ANN in the "Search for:" field
  • Change the "Between 0 and 9999 days" field
  • Under "Choose a board to search in, or search all", uncheck "Check all".  Then click on + to expand the list and check only "Announcements (Altcoins)"
  • Click Search

This will show the announcements for the days that you selected.

Activity: 252
Merit: 106
September 16, 2017, 03:51:05 PM

CrushCrypto is a good one
https://crushcrypto.com/ico-analysis/

Best way to judge is look at past reviews from review sites and see what % are they accurate on.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
September 16, 2017, 03:17:54 PM
ICO rating sites are totally bullshit. Don't trust them. Sad
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
September 16, 2017, 02:09:27 PM
ICO rating sites are usually referral schemes that only want you to click their referral link to get commission when you invest into to ICO.
Activity: 238
September 16, 2017, 01:58:36 PM
They aren't. They are just pure fabrication of money. ICO projects pay them to list them higher. Pure example of such thing is icobench.com. But there are some trustworthy sites as well.
Activity: 236
September 16, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
Sadly i am assuming that most of the websites receive some sort of payment for thier review, it's no coincidence that the ICO's rated highly are involved in heavy marketing budgets.

Best thing to do is to judge them yourselves and work from there.
Activity: 420
September 16, 2017, 10:11:19 AM
https://tokenmarket.net/
you can use this website. there have many user's ratings and previews.
Activity: 392
September 16, 2017, 10:10:49 AM
Some are doing a great job overseeing ICO teams, but how do we prevent collusion?

Just asking

Yea this is right.. And do your research well
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
September 16, 2017, 10:05:48 AM
Some are doing a great job overseeing ICO teams, but how do we prevent collusion?

Just asking
There are some who oversee ICO that are ligitimate because,is in their policy that they don't advertise ICO that are not legit. But for others who there prime motive is to make profit not minding the people who visit their site, they end up advertising both legitimate and illegal business.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
September 16, 2017, 09:42:45 AM

Just asking

Activity: 308
September 16, 2017, 09:14:56 AM
Before ico is done, they already have an organizational structure, and have their respective roles in the field ..
and they are experts in their field,
so,,not supervised
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 16, 2017, 08:59:03 AM
nobody creates a website for no reason and "just to help" others. they have some motivation that they have created that website.
it can simply be to get some traffic and earn money through the advertisement (which is mostly the case in crypto related websites) and in that case they don't usually care about the content and they post anything just to get that traffic. see the news sites and their click-baits for examples.

or it can be because they want to have the power to even hype something they have invested in. and in that case they may falsely praise and advertise something more than others just because they have an investment in it.

No kindness out of no where Wink
Activity: 770
Bazinga!
September 16, 2017, 07:37:47 AM
nobody creates a website for no reason and "just to help" others. they have some motivation that they have created that website.
it can simply be to get some traffic and earn money through the advertisement (which is mostly the case in crypto related websites) and in that case they don't usually care about the content and they post anything just to get that traffic. see the news sites and their click-baits for examples.

or it can be because they want to have the power to even hype something they have invested in. and in that case they may falsely praise and advertise something more than others just because they have an investment in it.
Activity: 966
September 16, 2017, 07:16:58 AM
Good question. I tend to think the two linked below are pretty trustworthy. I've been following them for months and their calls have been quite accurate.

https://crushcrypto.com/ico-analysis/
https://picoloresearch.com/

Here's an example of one I wouldn't find trustworthy. They give various projects a platinum rating but apparently that rating is just paid marketing. They admit to it in the comments on this ico: https://www.coinschedule.com/projects/1199/monkey-capital-ico.html

In the end you need to be careful whose opinion you trust when it comes to investing money and always do your own research.

Hey, what do you thing about this websites?
http://icorating.com/
tokenmarket.net
Are they giving correct information?
Activity: 532
September 16, 2017, 12:23:02 AM
Yes they high likely receive payments for promotion but even they are honest in reviews, you should always do your own research.
Pages:
Jump to: