Pages:
Author

Topic: How trustworthy are ico rating sites? - page 3. (Read 1378 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 15, 2017, 11:54:42 PM
the best ico rating site or ico service site is tokenmarket
another tokenmarket icocountdown and icoalert

I hear tokenmarket alot and they've been around the longest (i think)

However it also strange and interesting that ICOs listed on their sites have tokenmarket sits in the service as advisor, for example Monaco. Just saying.

And thanks for icocountdown and icoalert.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
September 15, 2017, 11:42:19 PM
You don't. Lots of them receive payment for reviews/promotion. Still best to judge the ICO yourself.

You are right, mate. As a matter of fact, ICO rating sites are now fast becoming an instrument of ICOs to somehow make their ICO look very promising and legitimate. You should try to go deeper than these sites. Urge yourself not to be satisfied with what the ICO sites are saying.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 15, 2017, 10:57:25 PM
Lots of Ico website paying for review for the contributor and also they are charging for Ico listing in their website it's pure business no one is doing charity here . After lots review I followed finally decided not to trust any Ico review Website.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
September 15, 2017, 09:34:47 PM
You don't. Lots of them receive payment for reviews/promotion. Still best to judge the ICO yourself.

Yes they do. They are as vile and corrupt as some of the people behind ICOs. But the problem is most of us are not technically capable to assess and judge an ICO for ourselves. The community is still the best source of information but it can be manipulated by making fake accounts in the forums.

Read the article about Moody's. If they can cheat their own ratings under the noses of the SEC then it would be very easy for ICO rating sites to make up their own ratings.

The credit rating agency Moody’s has agreed to pay nearly $864m to settle with US federal and state authorities over its ratings of risky mortgage securities in the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis, the department of justice said on Friday.

Moody’s reached the deal with the justice department, 21 states and the District of Columbia, resolving allegations that the firm contributed to the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, the department said in a statement.

“Moody’s failed to adhere to its own credit-rating standards and fell short on its pledge of transparency in the run-up to the ‘great recession’,” principal deputy associate attorney general Bill Baer said in the statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/14/moodys-864m-penalty-for-ratings-in-run-up-to-2008-financial-crisis

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 15, 2017, 09:17:24 PM
You can't prevent the collusion between them that is their bread and butter. Still the best we can do are to read, research and ask questions regarding that ICO. Be censorious or do we want the ICO be regulated.
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
September 15, 2017, 09:13:53 PM
I think there is no company that specifically oversees ico. this job is good and needed. but I think all that has been answered with there eth smart contract and escrow service.
Activity: 518
Merit: 494
September 15, 2017, 08:53:09 PM
the best ico rating site or ico service site is tokenmarket
another tokenmarket icocountdown and icoalert
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
September 15, 2017, 08:49:17 PM
I would also say not very trustworthy. Think about it they are getting paid (or most likely are) to summarize an ICO. Do you really think it wont be biased? Good luck on them trying

to stay subjective. They will write a good report because then in future it gets more ICOs to list with them. I would disregard anything an ICO site says and just DYOR. You will know

much better for yourself whether project will do okay. If you need facts and a quick summary then its no harm but dont go basing your whole decision off of an ICO site thats real bad.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
September 15, 2017, 08:39:00 PM
Good question. I tend to think the two linked below are pretty trustworthy. I've been following them for months and their calls have been quite accurate.

https://crushcrypto.com/ico-analysis/
https://picoloresearch.com/

Here's an example of one I wouldn't find trustworthy. They give various projects a platinum rating but apparently that rating is just paid marketing. They admit to it in the comments on this ico: https://www.coinschedule.com/projects/1199/monkey-capital-ico.html

In the end you need to be careful whose opinion you trust when it comes to investing money and always do your own research.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
September 15, 2017, 08:29:03 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 15, 2017, 02:28:37 PM
Some are doing a great job overseeing ICO teams, but how do we prevent collusion?

Just asking
Pages:
Jump to: