Pages:
Author

Topic: How would Bitcoin react to a global financial crisis? - page 4. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 3
would grow like crazy
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
Financial crisis would affect only paper currency and Bitcoin should peak during that time I think. Due to decentralised and digital currency (Bitcoin) there won't be any impact for cryptocurrency, however cryptocurrency would move in the opposite direction. I pray there shouldn't be a financial crisis again but if it happens bitcoin is safe and would show its bullish during recession for sure.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
With its resistance to inflation, bitcoin will probably behave better than any other currency: in crisis, governments print more money, so fiat currencies lose their value. Bitcoin, probably not.
That was the main essence behind bitcoin's invention anyway, so as to avoid all these economic crisis caused by manipulation of governments due to their monopolies and policies, which eventually end up affecting the masses the most. Bitcoin is a deflationary currency, so in the case where we have a global financial crisis, that may even be a stage where people get to see bitcoin as a main reserve to fall back on to retain their currency value and even get more value in the long run rather than it losing value. We can just take a clue from Zimbabwe right now.
Activity: 415
Merit: 100
It has been 10 years since the 2008 financial crisis and there are a number of financial experts out there predicting doom and gloom to hit the financial world this year. To be fair, every new year brings new crazy predictions, so, although I am not reading too much into it, It did get me thinking - how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

We know gold is able to withstand a crisis, but with the price of gold very much being controlled nowadays, it might not be a good idea to use them as a comparison.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the matter, what do you think would happen to bitcoin during a financial crisis?

I feel torn on this one, bitcoin could increase as people look for something away from the traditional corporate world and find safety in bitcoin, alternatively it could follow the same route as everything else and end up crashing. It's really hard to tell, it also depends what the reason for the crash is.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
It has been 10 years since the 2008 financial crisis and there are a number of financial experts out there predicting doom and gloom to hit the financial world this year. To be fair, every new year brings new crazy predictions, so, although I am not reading too much into it, It did get me thinking - how would bitcoin hold up during a financial crisis.

We know gold is able to withstand a crisis, but with the price of gold very much being controlled nowadays, it might not be a good idea to use them as a comparison.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the matter, what do you think would happen to bitcoin during a financial crisis?

I think bitcoin will also withstand such crisis because it can never affect the entire world at the same time. Bitcoin very strong today because it is fast, secure, and decentralized. If the economy of one country fall that doesn't mean the bitcoin will also go through the same situation. Bitcoin is a currency that is acceptable everywhere around the world because it offers global payments. The bitcoin has limited supply of only about 16.7 million bitcoins in circulation worldwide at the moment, that is makes bitcoin every valuable.  
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
With its resistance to inflation, bitcoin will probably behave better than any other currency: in crisis, governments print more money, so fiat currencies lose their value. Bitcoin, probably not.
Activity: 247
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

In the event of financial crisis, bitcoin will most probably deflate and experience tremendous fall. Not just bitcoin but the whole cryptocurrency will definitely experience deflation since we use fiat in purchasing these coins. If people experienced financial crisis how will they even think of buying cryptos if they are having this kind of crisis? Instead of investing and/or buying, they will most likely withdraw their investments and start cashing it out. These are my sole opinions but I'm not expert in these kind of situations and I may be wrong with my understanding so better consult the professional ones who have more experiences than a middle-aged person like me.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Economic crysis will not affect bitcoin because bitcoin is part of decentralized system that is not depending on global economic system.
In some deep crysis many people would probably reach for bitcoin as a solution and that will increase demand and probably the price.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
Just mentioned this in the other thread. Whatever you read about bitcoin performance in a financial crisis, DON'T BELIEVE IT. Nobody has the slightest clue, how bitcoin will hold up in a crisis. Bitcoin was invented in 2009, right after the financial crisis. It has yet to survive any financial crisis. Surviving financial crisis is how a currency gets public's faith. This is the reason gold is so stable, not because it's regulated. How long has it been around? Bitcoin doesn't have much of that (comparatively). Therefore, the volatility. But the fraud, manipulation and it's own scaling problems, undermine its chances in a crisis.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106

can be people will switch to using bitcoin as a process in transacting. because I feel that bitcoin is created one of them with the intention as an innovation of the existing currency.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259

I think bitcoin will not be able to hold the value that it has currently or neither any other currency will be able to hold its position as crypto currency. They will drain within next day of announcing that we are suffering from the major financial crisis because BTC is what holding most of the investment today with about 300 Billion dollar market. This means around that much money is in the market of BTC. If financial crisis is there then there could be forceful act of government to shut down such investment and bring the money back to the national financial system. Or at least there could be big investors who will be putting back the money into banks for the sake of their own safety leading to dropped value of BTC and other currency. This is what will happen according to me.
Activity: 664
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

Bitcoin has moved and continues to move fast in economic crises. It completely changed the way people view it. A few years ago everyone thought it was just ponzi and now they look at it like a god.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
Bitcoin allows not only to save money from inflation, but also to become financially independent, which is much more important for every person. Bitcoin can neither strengthen nor reduce the economic crisis. I believe that Bitcoin will succumb to the impact of the global economic crisis, but not as much as fiat money. In this context, Bitcoin is a more reliable and trustworthy way of storing funds.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
If there is a global economic crisis, it will also affects Bitcoin. But it is not afraid of local crises. Most of the world's crises are provoked artificially, and Bitcoin is uncontrollable to such manipulations therefore firmly holds, despite its relatively young age. I think the crisis is always felt if you think about it and are dependent on it. Bitcoin just allows you to be independent of all the hardships that occur in your country, so this is a good place to store money.
Activity: 294

If financial crisi would exist then bitcoin may decrease its value due to many users may sell all their bitcoin and that would decrease the demands of the bitcoin, If that will happen the value of the bitcoin will fall.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
One of the reason why some people experience financial crisis or difficulties is because they are lack of opportunity for employment or others may have woek but does not receiving an amount to compensate their finances and the only help bitcoin can give is the opportunity for additional income from investment or doing some sideline here in bitcoin forum with this many people will have an opportunity to become financially stable which also a helps to enhance the economy of a certain country
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

The fact is so far we have not witnessed something like this in the life time of bitcoin, its going be hard to decide the exact way bitcoin will react to such scenario compared to the free fall of fiat that have happened in such situations and scenarios. For me, I think the way every thing works well be the reaction of people and I feel its going to affect bitcoin. Today, we have seen some fall in price and you see people dumping here and there, in situation that is even isolated to the crypto currency. I then wonder what will happen if the whole world economy is in turmoil, I see a lot of people following the same pattern after all. At the same time, I see a lot of new millionaires being made after the whole crisis because at some point the crisis will be over and people who are smart would either become rich, richer or maintain their riches.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
I guess it depends on how people would react to it, depending on whether they see Bitcoin as gold. If they do, I think the price will rise significantly, as does gold when a financial crisis happens. If it isn't viewed as gold, then people will try to exit the market as fast as possible, causing a drop in price.
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
In the year 2008 there was a financial crisis which has affected most of the developed countries so badly, bitcoin technology all started in the year 2009 with the pseudonym satoshi Nakamoto for transacting and payment of products and services online all through out the world as it was just at the stage of inception of bitcoins no one was actually aware of the technology if bitcoin came earlier than the financial crisis then there would not be any economic downturn in the world as bitcoins always helps to uplift the socio- economic conditions of the world by providing additional source of income to the user's and by improving the living standards of them.
Bitcoin has gained popularity only thanks to the financial crisis. If bitcoin appeared earlier he would not have achieved such popularity. But bitcoin can not help overcome the global crisis. It can only help to redistribute the financial flows. People in poor countries can earn money in richer countries. That is the true reason for the popularity of bitcoin.
Activity: 419
In the year 2008 there was a financial crisis which has affected most of the developed countries so badly, bitcoin technology all started in the year 2009 with the pseudonym satoshi Nakamoto for transacting and payment of products and services online all through out the world as it was just at the stage of inception of bitcoins no one was actually aware of the technology if bitcoin came earlier than the financial crisis then there would not be any economic downturn in the world as bitcoins always helps to uplift the socio- economic conditions of the world by providing additional source of income to the user's and by improving the living standards of them.
Pages:
Jump to: