Pages:
Author

Topic: How would you store >100 Bitcoins? - page 19. (Read 42323 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
October 06, 2014, 07:37:01 AM
Spread across 5 to 10 offline wallets. I like paper wallets. Save the paperwallets well.
Keep some spending coins in "hot" wallets but make sure this is no more than you know you are gonna need to transact
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
October 06, 2014, 07:30:13 AM
Store maybe in different wallets?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
September 25, 2014, 04:57:54 AM
my advice
do not store your btc just using one wallet
but store your bitcoin in some place the wallet.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
September 25, 2014, 03:24:07 AM
I'd use multiple wallets. 
Don't reach a limit go over 3-4  BTC in each wallet. And store your wallet in a safest place.
Activity: 35
September 25, 2014, 03:19:34 AM
Maybe invest in some bitcoin gaming sites which is ran by a bitcoin nerd that I can pay thru bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 16, 2014, 09:23:02 PM
As long as you can keep the recovery seed in a safe place, I think you would be ok storing the entire 100BTC on mytrezor.   I would split it up amongst several wallets and clients though.   Some online and accessible, and most offline and inaccessible.   I like mytrezor because it is a nice hybrid in between because you can use the website as a watch only wallet. 

I saw this start up project (I don't remember where I read it), but the company was going to store the private keys encrypted on a vinyl record.   As a DJ (who used to use vinyl before serato and mp3s), I think it is a cool idea.   The only problem is that vinyls take up a lot of space and can easily melt if around too hot of temperatures...
If you are going to keep the recovery seed in a "safe" place then you might as well keep a paper wallet in a "safe" place as this is essentially what the seed would be in written form. At least with a paper wallet you could use BIP38 encryption to prevent theft in the event someone were to get their hands on the paper wallet
Activity: 42
September 16, 2014, 03:49:46 AM
I would put 70 bitcoin in deep cold storage, 25 in simple usb sticks cold storage, and the rest on a lightweight client.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2014, 03:28:36 AM
95 BTC in cold storage, 5 BTC per address (19 addressen)

1 BTC online (maybe even less), to spend at for instance a cafe with your phone.

2 Core + password protect + safe wallet.dat file (to pay for something / gamble a bit)

2 Multibit + password protect + safe wallet.dat file (to pay for something / gamble a bit)

Activity: 30
September 16, 2014, 02:46:49 AM
 the safest protection for your wealth is nobody knowing about it
Activity: 532
September 16, 2014, 01:44:20 AM
As long as you can keep the recovery seed in a safe place, I think you would be ok storing the entire 100BTC on mytrezor.  
You would also need to protect the seed in a way that you would protect a paper wallet containing 100 BTC. If someone were to gain access to the seed then it would be very easy for them to steal your bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
September 16, 2014, 01:10:45 AM
As long as you can keep the recovery seed in a safe place, I think you would be ok storing the entire 100BTC on mytrezor.   I would split it up amongst several wallets and clients though.   Some online and accessible, and most offline and inaccessible.   I like mytrezor because it is a nice hybrid in between because you can use the website as a watch only wallet.  

I saw this start up project (I don't remember where I read it), but the company was going to store the private keys encrypted on a vinyl record.   As a DJ (who used to use vinyl before serato and mp3s), I think it is a cool idea.   The only problem is that vinyls take up a lot of space and can easily melt if around too hot of temperatures...
Activity: 78
September 16, 2014, 12:17:27 AM
Definitely buy a trezor and bury it 6 feet under.

Leave a USB cable sticking an inch out of the ground, so you can hook your laptop up to it when you need it Cheesy
This would kind of defeat the point of having it buried.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 15, 2014, 10:04:33 PM

Leave a USB cable sticking an inch out of the ground, so you can hook your laptop up to it when you need it Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
September 15, 2014, 09:08:35 PM
If I am setting BTC aside I would store it in a offline cold storage wallet since I (probably) won't be using it much anyway, it is safe to set aside. I will have a separate wallet, on my PC for my hot wallet for spending/receiving purposes.
Activity: 28
September 15, 2014, 08:27:29 PM
Activity: 588
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
September 15, 2014, 07:21:30 PM
I wouldn't post it on here  Grin
Probably spread them out to 10 wallets, so if 1 gets compromised, its only 10% of your wealth, and no one knows you own 100 btc
Activity: 28
September 15, 2014, 07:19:06 PM
On the trezor wallet.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
September 15, 2014, 06:36:26 PM
I would get a tattoo with the private key (encrypted) somewhere on my arm, nobody can't steal it Smiley
It would probably be better if your key was kept secret (even in encrypted form) from others for as long as possible. It would be difficult (but not impossible) to figure out your passphraise to decrypt your key and since you would likely be locked up for some time an adversary would have a long time to try to guess/hash the passphraise.
Activity: 250
Merit: 253
September 15, 2014, 06:21:51 PM
I would get a tattoo with the private key (encrypted) somewhere on my arm, nobody can't steal it Smiley
Typo is correct. If you put this on your arm, someone *will* steal your private key, it's just a matter of time. Even putting it somewhere *ahem* more private would still have problems, as you might need a doctor to work there, etc.

That's a nice idea, does this service really exist?
Go to your local tattoo artist with a copy of the QR code?
Buo
Activity: 112
September 15, 2014, 05:16:06 PM

That's a nice idea, does this service really exist?
Pages:
Jump to: