Pages:
Author

Topic: Huge gains and still holding ? - page 4. (Read 1631 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
September 06, 2021, 09:19:35 PM
I try to buy coins that I believe will have a long term value, and will risk a bear market because I keep a large cash position as well. The reason is you have to hold for 1 year to get long term cap gains rate. If you sell everything on short term basis, you are paying quite a lot in taxes. That loss to taxes is baked in the cake. Whereas, if I go long on a good, solid project, I can minimize my taxes.
Activity: 475
Merit: 253
ARCS - A New World Token
September 06, 2021, 08:07:36 PM
One of the pains of trading is when we entered at high price and price starts to crashed. Dont worry the bull run is not yet done. You can still experience the 40x with newly hatch tokens. Just search for it and make a deep investigation then start investing.

The biggest mistake anyone can do is still holding unto their altcoins when bitcoin touched 60k weeks ago and still holding strong when the fall began weeks ago, imagine someone still holding HEX token when the coin did 40x already? If you are someone like this friend I don't know what your aim is but sorry to say you are doing it wrong. Check yourself cos it's possible you are struggling with greed.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
September 03, 2021, 01:03:23 AM
Maybe he is waiting for the highest price again so he is still holding on for now. We don't know how much capital he spent when buying the altcoin, or maybe he didn't get the profit he expected, so he is still patient not to sell the altcoin which he has for now
I think we should wait to get the right profit every trader retains his capital for the right time maybe the altcoins didn't hold the right price, so they kept holding on after making huge profits it would be better to wait for some time as the market is rising a lot now.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 323
September 06, 2021, 07:06:09 PM
Wanting to get a lot of profit is indeed the expectation of all traders and investors. That's their goal. But when someone invests in altcoins, there is no need for very greedy. If you have a 40x profit, it is already very much. And if dumps happen, we don't know when they'll go back up, so we'll have to wait another long time and waste free time.
gains more than 40x and still hold it was be worst strategy ever in my opinion. why we dont sell it first and then wait price pullback to accumulate our assets. investing was not only about hold but we have to understand several strategy to maximize our profits and accumulation suitable for it.

In my opinion, if the price of the currency reached the target you set, which exceeds the money you invested, you have to take 50% of your profits, and if you trust in this currency, you have to wait until it rises to its maximum level. Greed is that when the currency pump and makes to you huge profits and you hold it in the long run instead of selling it, but for how long?
this is what i mean we have to take profits and reinvest in same or different assets. taking profits from huge profits was neccesary for us as a traders or investors .
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
September 06, 2021, 06:50:22 PM
I’ve made massive gain with NEAR, and it still doesn’t have the hype it deserves yet so I think it’ll make huge gains in the next couple of years. NEAR is definitely a long term investment for me. It’s fast, cheap and scalable. NEAR is meant for mass adoption and nothing close to mass adoption has happened yet so I think it’ll be huge. There are others like Sol and CELO that I’ve also made massive gains with and don’t plan on selling anytime soon.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 255
September 02, 2021, 09:09:04 PM
Wanting to get a lot of profit is indeed the expectation of all traders and investors. That's their goal. But when someone invests in altcoins, there is no need for very greedy. If you have a 40x profit, it is already very much. And if dumps happen, we don't know when they'll go back up, so we'll have to wait another long time and waste free time.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
September 05, 2021, 06:13:41 PM
In my opinion, if the price of the currency reached the target you set, which exceeds the money you invested, you have to take 50% of your profits, and if you trust in this currency, you have to wait until it rises to its maximum level. Greed is that when the currency pump and makes to you huge profits and you hold it in the long run instead of selling it, but for how long?
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
ITSMYNE
September 05, 2021, 06:12:07 PM
you should not decided on how long a trader should hold back a token he/she considered a gem before selling. mind you some traders are holders and they invest heavily to earn and hold. not to sell and buy another. it is a two way things. personally, i hold to sell in the long term. it could be a mistake for someone to hold that long knowing full well that in every trade. prices that moves so high up will definitely come down. in as much as he is been greedy he can hold and sell at any time.
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
September 05, 2021, 05:48:39 PM
The biggest mistake anyone can do is still holding unto their altcoins when bitcoin touched 60k weeks ago and still holding strong when the fall began weeks ago, imagine someone still holding HEX token when the coin did 40x already? If you are someone like this friend I don't know what your aim is but sorry to say you are doing it wrong. Check yourself cos it's possible you are struggling with greed.

When you know you can 1000x after a few yours, then it is a no brainer, that you will hold 😉.
copper member
Activity: 141
Merit: 6
September 05, 2021, 05:00:44 PM

Maybe we should considered that a long term investment as they hold in long time even the profit is almost 40x gaining. Some doing multi investment when one of there invested token pump and gain, they investment into other token they spread there unvestment in many kind of token with also have potential to pump. Genearlly speaking, we dont know what happen in our investment the market volitile and we cant predict.
Activity: 840
Merit: 6
September 03, 2021, 11:01:41 AM
That's super risky holding HEX, it's a known scam created by a notorious scammer that some believe is associated with the CIA. Watch out! Why don't you invest in something safer like Celo or NEAR. Celo is backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and NEAR is backed by Coinbase and Grayscale.
Activity: 28
September 03, 2021, 05:18:29 AM
People who store cryptocurrency, I think you will be useful to read an article about the security of storage, I just recently came in handy, be vigilant Smiley https://blockster.com/blockdesk/1372_tips-to-secure-your-cryptocurrency-holdings
Activity: 2884
Merit: 612
September 03, 2021, 05:07:49 AM
there are many coin can hits more than 40x so could be the reason why many holder still hold their coins specially HEX and believe price could higher but all get wrong, yes greedy is something that trader or holder can't deny, because every one want to be rich because their coin hit highest price, but also trader should realize there are also speculate and whale that can influence the price and make our porto become nothing.
We don't easily get contented, we are happy to make more money that's why we continue to hold, however, we also know at the same time that holding a coin does not mean an automatic profit, there are times that we lose, that's why it's necessary to hold a number of coins so you still have something to hold if other coins fail. In the end, what matters is you get the profit overall as that would prove you end up on the profit side.
Activity: 862
Merit: 284
September 03, 2021, 04:34:02 AM
there are many coin can hits more than 40x so could be the reason why many holder still hold their coins specially HEX and believe price could higher but all get wrong, yes greedy is something that trader or holder can't deny, because every one want to be rich because their coin hit highest price, but also trader should realize there are also speculate and whale that can influence the price and make our porto become nothing.
copper member
Activity: 770
September 03, 2021, 04:25:47 AM
These words are really one of the great features we can only find in some people. This feature may support to big traders who has a good portfolio in the crypto. Other thing is that nobody knows about the market what is going to happen with any coin because crypto is a world label market where fluctuations take place anytime. Apart from that this feature should be done by all trader because crypto trading can be1000x game so we can do it with one shot only. Never fear just like presearch coin now
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
September 03, 2021, 02:35:45 AM
You can't blame them, they don't know that it will happen. But it happened to me too, I really thought that the price will not crash and now the price is on the floor now. I shouldn't be greedy and I secured my profit, that's the biggest mistake and greatest lesson that I learned.
Activity: 518
Merit: 45
September 03, 2021, 01:16:31 AM
It depends on individuals, but as a trader selling at a high profit is what we always look forward to in other to cash on the profits but as a holder who is just an investor he/she may have a time frame to sell the assets. I still have a friend who is holding hex coins up to 50k worth, and he is not even looking at the market, so perspectives matter.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 504
September 02, 2021, 11:37:47 PM

Don't blame anyone because everyone has their own investment strategy and goals. maybe your friend wants to hold it longer because your friend believes that the coin will continue to rise in the future so he continues to hold it until the target is achieved. so in my opinion this is not a mistake but a target and purpose in investing.
It can be either greed or the person is thinking that the project have higher potential to reach a better price and consider it undervalued by many people.
But a coin that already give so much ROI and it's 40x maybe is better to be sold since it has higher chance to get dumped again because other people are also maybe thinking it was already really high in price.

But it comes again with each trader preference, or if there is a long term holders maybe they can have higher price expectation for them when they going to really dump and taking profit from the bullish because even if a coin is in bullish and already reached 40x it can go higher than that but maybe it will need other factor like being recognized by big company.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
September 02, 2021, 08:17:45 PM
Maybe he is waiting for the highest price again so he is still holding on for now. We don't know how much capital he spent when buying the altcoin, or maybe he didn't get the profit he expected, so he is still patient not to sell the altcoin which he has for now
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
September 02, 2021, 08:09:38 PM
Well I think there nothing wrong in hodling long-termly knowing the cryptocurrencies are getting known and being adopted as time goes by such as bitcoin from being a dollar valued token way back 2010 to becoming almost 65k$ this year so the idea of long-term hodling especially if the token has a very high potential to survive and be popular in the market is a good idea.
Pages:
Jump to: