Pages:
Author

Topic: Huge gains and still holding ? - page 6. (Read 1631 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 18
https://imgur.com/yw8HFn9
August 22, 2021, 01:15:13 PM
You can believe that if you have cryptocurrency for a long time, you can get huge profits. But it must be one of the best tokens in the market. BTC or Ether token?If you notice how much BTC was worth a few years ago? And how much is it now? If you buy a token now, it will be profitable in the future.Believe in cryptocurrencies
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
Futiracoin.com
August 22, 2021, 03:13:46 AM
The biggest mistake anyone can do is still holding unto their altcoins when bitcoin touched 60k weeks ago and still holding strong when the fall began weeks ago, imagine someone still holding HEX token when the coin did 40x already? If you are someone like this friend I don't know what your aim is but sorry to say you are doing it wrong. Check yourself cos it's possible you are struggling with greed.

There is a wrong mindset towards people who experience this, isn't investment the way to get maximum profit, then how can this happen, isn't this already well prepared to deal with the problem.

Need to change the way of investing if this happens to us, this is not good and will not produce anything, if this greed continues, then I believe we will not be on the right investment pattern, this will actually put us at risk and lose money .
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 21, 2021, 06:09:36 PM
That's the nature and act of greediness. Even if you've seen that there's already a huge up with the altcoin you're holding. You don't have clear plans of selling it.
Yes, it is a greedy attitude and it is very risky for a trader/investor. In my opinion, ideally, a trader/investor should have a target to take profits. When the target is already achieved successfully, it is better to end holding. Continue to hold it, can end with a worse price to sell. We don't know when the price increasing again, or even there will be no pump at the same price anymore.
Everything has its risk, you hold and trade, there are risks for both. I do agree with you that we have to make a plan about selling. When you sell, it doesn't mean that you're quitting.
You're making yourself a goal on how much you should sell specially if you know that the market is in the bull run. You don't want to wait for another 2 years or more before you see another bull run comes.
Activity: 296
Merit: 1
August 21, 2021, 07:27:13 AM
I personally corroborate holding. No one in the world those are hold their coin for long time and make loss i don't see such types of holders. Because i believe that if you hold you will get more then gold. If you look at Hex. Now the price is so high. Those who are holding this coin they get more then their expectation.
yes, currently the price of HEX is around $0.18 & HEX is really a coin that has great potential, I'm a little sorry that I can't buy in 2020 because of limited capital. If I'm not mistaken, this project also held a bounty last year and good luck to those who still hold it until now, especially investors & bounty hunters. holder is the winner.
Activity: 1380
August 21, 2021, 12:20:25 AM
I personally corroborate holding. No one in the world those are hold their coin for long time and make loss i don't see such types of holders. Because i believe that if you hold you will get more then gold. If you look at Hex. Now the price is so high. Those who are holding this coin they get more then their expectation.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
August 20, 2021, 07:47:51 PM
The biggest mistake anyone can do is still holding unto their altcoins when bitcoin touched 60k weeks ago and still holding strong when the fall began weeks ago, imagine someone still holding HEX token when the coin did 40x already? If you are someone like this friend I don't know what your aim is but sorry to say you are doing it wrong. Check yourself cos it's possible you are struggling with greed.
HEX token is being called a scam token years ago and they proved it that they aren't as they are still on coingecko right now and it looks like that base on its trading volume, the project is still intact with a bit of developments.

Anyways, I feel you because I'm also holding some top coins and I've seen my portfolio grow so much already but I chose to hold than to sell. Why? Because I'm not holding them for just a short term profits. I'm currently holding them because I'm holding them for years. I know that it will be a rough road and we will see ups and downs but in the end, we will achieve higher profits than what we got right now. Some might say its greediness that pushed you to hold despite of having huge profits already but we have different plans and strategies Smiley.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 435
duelbits.com
August 20, 2021, 06:59:35 PM
That's the nature and act of greediness. Even if you've seen that there's already a huge up with the altcoin you're holding. You don't have clear plans of selling it.
Yes, it is a greedy attitude and it is very risky for a trader/investor. In my opinion, ideally, a trader/investor should have a target to take profits. When the target is already achieved successfully, it is better to end holding. Continue to hold it, can end with a worse price to sell. We don't know when the price increasing again, or even there will be no pump at the same price anymore.

Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 20, 2021, 06:00:54 PM
We're all here to buy, hold and sell. We're all for the profit and if you don't have plans of doing that, you'll be like those people that have held during the ATH and never sold their altcoins.
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
August 20, 2021, 11:58:12 AM

there are two types of investors, invest and take profits in the short term or long term, so not everyone who doesn't sell altcoin that they have when the price of Bitcoin reach $60k is greedy, because they invest for the long term and already have a target price, then the most important thing we don't used main money to invest in cryptocurrency and panic sell (selling altcoin that we have at a loss), so as long as we still hold and don't panic sell, then of course we won't lose our money if the price is down, because the price still has a chance to increase very high and return our profit again.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
August 20, 2021, 05:23:31 PM
Not sure if anyone knew the market was going to dump, everyone thought it was just like every other numbers bitcoin break into, the dump came as a shock to everyone cause the market dumped by 50%, I'm talking about the entire cryptocurrency marketcap as a whole, some people never took profit out of the market probably because they thought bitcoin was gonna go all the way up to $100k, I don't know if I should call it greed or being too positive.
What really happens is that most of the time people are taking aside the dump scenario but focusing on the price increase. They keep on holding as in their mind this would be the toll to make them more profitable but sadly, this kind of strategy sometimes ended up in regrets after missing the chance to sell at high. I had this kind of experience before and so I've learned already. Holding should depend on the situation and still have to analyze if it is still a need to further hold or to sell it.
Activity: 630
August 20, 2021, 05:11:21 PM
Everyone has their own goals, someone sells their cryptocurrencies when the price has already increased at least in 2 times, and someone is waiting for the cryptocurrencies in which they have invested to grow in price in 100 times or in 1000 times or more, of course, if you will wait a long time, then at any time, any cryptocurrency after growth can begin to fall very fast to the bottom, so you need to remember this too, but do not forget that many people invest for a long term, for several years at least, and therefore they do not look at the prices of cryptocurrencies every day like most of us.
it is also tailored to the needs of each. those who sell fast are not necessarily paper hands, maybe the sales target has been met and there is an urgent need that requires quick money. holding on for a long time is also not a guarantee that you will get more profit, the point is that we have to get the right timing, according to each one's needs. there's nothing to be sorry for if then the price goes up after we sell it, isn't fortune and luck already arranged by God? so we just have to try and enjoy it Smiley
Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 20, 2021, 05:03:32 PM
Not sure if anyone knew the market was going to dump, everyone thought it was just like every other numbers bitcoin break into, the dump came as a shock to everyone cause the market dumped by 50%, I'm talking about the entire cryptocurrency marketcap as a whole, some people never took profit out of the market probably because they thought bitcoin was gonna go all the way up to $100k, I don't know if I should call it greed or being too positive.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
August 20, 2021, 03:26:14 PM
Everyone has their own goals, someone sells their cryptocurrencies when the price has already increased at least in 2 times, and someone is waiting for the cryptocurrencies in which they have invested to grow in price in 100 times or in 1000 times or more, of course, if you will wait a long time, then at any time, any cryptocurrency after growth can begin to fall very fast to the bottom, so you need to remember this too, but do not forget that many people invest for a long term, for several years at least, and therefore they do not look at the prices of cryptocurrencies every day like most of us.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
August 20, 2021, 03:13:57 PM
If we earn quick profit like 40X in a short span one must book some profit and should not be greedy because I always believe good growth is always slow in the start, later on, can boom fast depends on the credibility/use-case or the activeness of the dev of the project. It's definitely greed when you are in huge profit and greed for more stopping you to book some profit and later on you do not book profit because you always feel it will rise but most of the time thing happened almost opposite but I don't say every time your coin will drop some can continue to rise even in case of top coins I believe they will grow as crypto market outreach grows. Greed is the root cause of all losses but in my opinion, if we talk about coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum and BNB we can go long with these coins as I feel these coins are like fixed deposits that will grow over time as these have huge potential to grow these are gems of the crypto market and many of the holders are holding for long and this is called patience, not greed.

Most of the people who lose that kind of opportunities are those who didn't set any plans for their investment,

once greed trgigered them out nothing that they can do but to keep holding and hoping that the price will keep

on rising, they will only realize that they've missed the chance once the price start to dumped back..
This thing happens to all of us not just in bitcoin investments but even in gambling activities. We will not try to stop ourselves from doing it unless we see ourselves start losing. Greed is something that should be controlled and i think that's the biggest enemy we have to fight so we will not end up losing such huge amount.

I think the best way to avoid being greedy is to set a target goal. We should know when to stop from hodling when our target prices have been met already and that we are making profits already. It's good not to be greedy than seeing our ourselves start to lose just because we still aim for higher profits.
Activity: 728
Merit: 19
KUWA.ai
August 20, 2021, 03:13:40 PM

I also had this mentality and now I have changed it aftermarket crash. Now I have a better understanding of the markets and am willing to book profits whenever I can. I lost almost 8K because of this mentality. Geed and high expectation was the reason for this kind of behavior which is very bad for a crypto trader. Knowledge and patience is the key to success in crypto.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 520
August 20, 2021, 03:00:30 PM
If we earn quick profit like 40X in a short span one must book some profit and should not be greedy because I always believe good growth is always slow in the start, later on, can boom fast depends on the credibility/use-case or the activeness of the dev of the project. It's definitely greed when you are in huge profit and greed for more stopping you to book some profit and later on you do not book profit because you always feel it will rise but most of the time thing happened almost opposite but I don't say every time your coin will drop some can continue to rise even in case of top coins I believe they will grow as crypto market outreach grows. Greed is the root cause of all losses but in my opinion, if we talk about coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum and BNB we can go long with these coins as I feel these coins are like fixed deposits that will grow over time as these have huge potential to grow these are gems of the crypto market and many of the holders are holding for long and this is called patience, not greed.

Most of the people who lose that kind of opportunities are those who didn't set any plans for their investment,

once greed trgigered them out nothing that they can do but to keep holding and hoping that the price will keep

on rising, they will only realize that they've missed the chance once the price start to dumped back..
copper member
Activity: 560
August 20, 2021, 02:17:17 PM
I will never think that I have not fully invested all the money I have earned in the crypto market for a long time.  I hop in all the money I earn in my crypto market for long term and I invest half in this short time to get out of that project and target a short time good profit project.
Activity: 2058
Chainjoes.com
August 20, 2021, 01:33:09 PM
Activity: 2786
Merit: 343
when lambo...
August 20, 2021, 12:23:50 PM
in my opinion each of them have their own profit target when the price reaches the set value they will sell everything and few people keep or store long-term including BTC, unless they forget it somewhere but I believe that very few people hold the highest value that all altcoins achieve.
There is no other reason why they still holding despite seeing the price is already at the ATH but to think about gaining more and more. Greediness, isn't it?
People usually got hype and thinking always positive when the market is surging high and neglected to think of any possibility for the dump. This is always happening around and hasn't seen anything that has been changed.

I believe we have to change this kind of mindset and rather have not underestimated the market. If we have the chance to sell our cryptos at a high price better not to miss that opportunity otherwise, it was you who regrets later.
Activity: 209
Merit: 2
G I S T C O I N
August 20, 2021, 12:12:30 PM
in my opinion each of them have their own profit target when the price reaches the set value they will sell everything and few people keep or store long-term including BTC, unless they forget it somewhere but I believe that very few people hold the highest value that all altcoins achieve.
Pages:
Jump to: